Total Drama Life

Phobia Factor

I jerked awake at the sound of wailing cats. Looking around I found it was Sadie coming back from the dock. Growling softly I leaned back into Duncan.

"It was a long goodbye," Bridgette said. Courtney stood up and started another bitch session as the Gophers came by. I was even a little suspicious when they were all smiling, including Heather. Beth held a plate of green jello with a gummi worm inside.

"We got some extra dessert after our tuck shop party," Trent said looking at me. "Thought you might want some."

"So what," Courtney said. "You're just being nice?"

"Owen stink up the cabin," I guessed. To prove I was right he farted again.

"Ew, dude," Trent complained looking at the big guy in disgust. Beth brought the plate of jello to Courtney who screamed.

"I mean, no thanks I'm good," she clarified.

"What are you on a diet or something," Duncan asked. I rolled my eyes and giggled. Boyfriend chuckled and kissed my head.

"No I just don't like green jelly okay," she defended. Beth brought it over to DJ next, who hit it claiming he thought it was a snake.

"Chill dude," Cody said picking it up. "It's just a gummi worm."

"Sorry for trippin," he apologized. "Snakes just freak me out."

This started a confession of our worst fears. Tyler is afraid of chickens. Beth is scared of being covered by bugs. Harold's afraid of ninjas. Heather even admitted being afraid of sumo wrestlers. Gwen's was being buried alive. Lindsay was afraid of walking through a mine field in heels, changing it after Sadie said she was afraid of a bad hair cut. Owen and Izzy are afraid of flying. Geoff is scared of hail because it's "small but deadly". Bridgette is afraid of being left alone in the woods. Cody's was having to difuse a time bomb under pressure. Courtney wouldn't say hers but I already knew, her reaction to the jello said it all.

"And what exactly is you're phobia Mr Know It All," Courtney asked Duncan. He looked around at the others kinda freaked.

"Celine Dion music store standees," he mumbled. Cody teased him by asking him to repeat it.

"Dude did you say Celine Dion music store standees," Trent asked.

"I love Celine Dion," Lindsay squeeled. "What's a standee?"

"That cardboard cut out thing that stands in the music store," Trent clarified.

"Don't say it dude," Duncan said glaring slightly.

"Kind of like a life size but flat Celine," he continued.

"So if we had a cardboard standee right now," Courtney teased.

"Shut up," My boyfriend yelled covering his ears. I giggled and kissed his nose. "What about you guys?"

"Okay well, I hate mimes," Trent admitted. "Like a lot. All right Courtney, you're afraid of something. Spit it out."

"Nope," she claimed. "Nothing."

"That's not what she said last night," Duncan teased. I covered my mouth trying not to laugh.

"Duncan did you ever consider I was just humoring you," she asked glaring at him. "Besides I'm not the only one who hasn't shared." Everyone turned to me, curious as to what my phobia is.

"Nope," I said denying them. "Only my brother knows, well knew. That's not something I'm going to blurt out so Chris can use it against me. God knows he has all these cameras taping every second." I ignored their protests heading to bed. We all met up in the Mess Hall the next morning.

"Campers," Chris greeted. "You're next challenge is a little game I like to call Phobia Factor. Prepare to face you're worst fears."

"Now for our first victims," he said all cheery. "Heather, meet us all in the theater. It's sumo time." I laughed as she spit out her drink all over Trent. He looked over at me glaring. I knew he didn't mean it because he was smiling slightly. "Gwen. You, me, the beach. A few tons of sand."

"Wait, how did they know they were you're worst fears," Lindsay asked.

"Because you told them," I sang. "Told you so."

"At the campfire last night," Trent added. I laughed harder as Lindsay tried to figure it out.

"Chef Hatchet, didn't you have a special order for Tyler here," Chris asked.

Chef handed him a basket with a breaded food. He took a bite and screamed when an actual chicken popped out. I fell off the bench holding my sides as I laughed. I find others' pain amusing. We were taken outside where an inflatable pool, full of bugs, was waiting for Beth. She just swam around like it was nothing. Lindsay and Sadie had to wear mullet wings. Izzy and Owen were forced into a plane that looked like it was about to fall apart. Harold was ambushed in the bathroom by a ninja, dumb ass knocked himself out. Leshawna ran screaming from Chef, who was dressed as a spider. Heather's was pointless. She just cowered down and accidently tripped the sumo. Bridgette was left to herself in the middle of the woods for six hours. Gwen was trapped in a glass box, covered in sand, for five minutes. At least she was given a walkie talkie. DJ succeeded in holding a small garden snake after some persuasion. I glared at Courtney when she yelled at the big guy.

"What," she asked. "We're headed to Loserville people."

"Bitch," I said. Suddenly Trent ran by with a mime chasing him.

"Just talk to him bro," Uncle Chris yelled. "Ask him to go away."

"You can do it Trent," I cheered.

"Okay then," Chris said looking at his watch. "Two minutes before Gwen's done. Cody you're up." He was taken in a different part of the woods with a garbage bomb. Duncan froze at the sight of his phobia.

"Come on babe," I said taking his hand. I gently pulled him closer to the standee he had to hug.

"I'll try," he said.

"You can do it," Courtney cheered.

"Just one hug baby, then it's over," I said quietly glaring at Courtney. He let go of my hand and hugged the standee.

"Duncan you're awesome," Courtney cheered hugging him. He looked like he didn't mind so I turned and stalked away angry. I made my way down the beach meeting up with Trent at the dock.

"You okay," he asked slightly freaked out over the mime thing going on.

"Why should you care," I snapped walking in the other direction. He grabbed my arm and turned me around.

"Why wouldn't I care," he asked looking hurt.

"Courtney hugged Duncan and he didn't seem to mind," I sighed. "So I walked away."

"Well I'm here anytime you need someone," Trent said. I looked over his shoulder to see the mime running up.

"I'd jump in the lake if I were you," I suggested. He turned and did as I said.

"Ha take that," he taunted. "What's the matter mime? Can't swim?" The mime looked like he was going to jump in after him.

"No wait," Trent yelled. "You're make up will run." The freak simply nodded and walked away.

"Go Trent," I cheered. "Way to show that mime who's boss."

"Nicely played Trent," Chris said clapping. "Unfortunately I don't think things are going quite so smoothly for our friend Geoff." He pulled out a device as I ran to him.

"I wanna do it, " I pleaded. "Please Uncle Chris." He chuckled and handed the device over. I chuckled darkly as I maneuvered the joystick. A dark cloud raining hail followed him around. I giggled as I watched him run around.

"Not funny Ash," he yelled as he ran past me.

"Can you make the cloud go lower and pelt him harder," Trent asked looking over my shoulder.

"You are one sick dude," I said. "But yeah." We laughed as Geoff's screams grew louder.

"Do you ever feel like you've forgotten something," he asked.

"Sometimes," Chris said. "I usually just ignore it and the feeling goes away. Watch this, we're going to bury him in hail." Trent and I exchanged a glance before running down the beach. We forgot about Gwen! We each grabbed a shovel and began digging her up. Suddenly there was an explosion.

"What was that," Trent asked.

"Probably Cody blowing himself up," I said shrugging my shoulders. As we uncovered my friend she threw the walkie talkie at Trent's face. Owen and Izzy made it safely to the ground... she nearly choked me to death after running off. Bridge ran screaming out of the woods after encountering a garbage covered Cody. Lindsay and Sadie made it through the day. Tyler froze when he was forced in the pen with three chickens. Duncan made a few remarks but I ignored him from my spot next to Gwen. Courtney was forced up a ladder to jump in a pool of jello. She made it half way up before chickening out.

"I'm pretty sure we have one more challenge," Chris said smirking.

"You can't possibly know my fear," I said. "Aaron was the only one."

"You forgot that I was the one who took you there," he grinned looking behind me. I gulped and turned around to look. I froze at the sight of rainbow colors looking back at me. A.K.A Killjoy! Shrieking I ran and behind Trent.

"All you have to do is hug him," Chris said. I buried my head in Trent's chest as he turned to hug me.

"Come on," he said gently. "It's just one hug."

"I can't," I cried softly. I tried ignoring the clown came close to me.

"We aren't going anywhere until you hug him," Chris said.

"Come on," Killjoy said. "I won't bite." I screamed and ran for the beach.

"Go away," I yelled. "I hate you with your bright colors, cheery attitude, and your children eating ice cream van."

"Children eating ice cream van?" I heard Courtney questioned as I continued to run.

"I took her and her brother to see Killjoy," Chris chuckled. I ran for a while more before Chris decided to give up the challenge, and tell the clown to stop the torture. Obviously I wasn't going to hug the strange man in the costume. I fell to the ground panting as tears ran down my face.

"It's okay," Duncan said trying to help me up. I slapped his hand away ignoring the hurt look flash across his face.

"Just go back to Courtney," I snapped rubbing my eyes.

"What," he asked confused. "Is this about the hug earlier?"

"it's not just about the hug Duncan," I said standing up. "You talked to her more than you did me. And all you made were smart remarks. Plus you let her hug you. And from my point of view it looked like you enjoyed it."

"Oh yeah," he challenged. "What was that with Trent back there? You ran for him right away."

"Trent's my best friend," I yelled. "And he obviously cares more about me than you do."

"You think I don't care about you anymore," he asked hurt. "Ash, how could you think that? I care about you more than anything. I love you." I looked at him through my tears.

"Touching confession but we have a Bass to vote off," Chris said. I let Duncan hold me as we all walked to the campfire. After receiving my marsh mellow there were only two left. Tyler, Bridgette and Courtney were the only three without one. I was praying it was going to be Courtney to go home.

"The next name I'm going to call is Bridgette," Chris said. I crossed my fingers hoping and praying. "The final marsh mellow of the night goes to Courtney." Damn. I rolled my eyes as she cheered.

"You'll get that chicken next time dude," Ducan said.

"Looks like a new pecking order has been established here," Chris teased.

"it's not like he can cry fowl," Duncan joked.

"Time for Tyler to fly the coop," Geoff said joining in.

"You guys that isn't funny," I said trying not to laugh before giving up. "This obviously wasn't all it was cracked up to be." As he rode away we could hear him screaming.

"I'm sorry," Duncan said as we were walking back to the cabins. "I didn't mean to act like I didn't care. I was just caught up in the moment. You know, facing my fear and all."

"it's okay," I said kissing him. "And for the record, I love you too."
♠ ♠ ♠
The fear is mine. I hate them with a burning passion