Total Drama Life

Fun and Games

This morning I woke up with a dangerous smirk. Getting out of bed I quietly woke Bridgette.

"What are you doing," she asked groggily. I winked and pulled out a pair of contacts I brought. Her eyes widened when she realized what I was doing. I hid them in my pocket as me uncle blew the blow horn, waking everyone else up.

I ran to the "restrooms" before Heather could get there. I pulled on my Iron Man tank top and shorts before lacing up my matching red and yellow Nike's. Pulling my contacts out of the pocket, I inserted them in my eyes. I admired myself in the mirror for a moment. They were pretty cool, like what a person's eyes would look like when being infected by the zombie plague. Sliding my sunglasses on I walked out, ignoring Heather's glare. Bridgette met me by the trail, excitement in her eyes.

"What do they look like," she asked quietly. Glancing around, I made sure no one was there before pulling my sunglasses down. Her eyes widened in shock. "They look so real."

"That's the point." Pushing them back up I threaded my arm through hers and headed towards the campsite. We were the first ones on the Bass side to get there so I sat down and closed my eyes.

"You okay Angel," I heard Duncan ask. I mutely nodded my head and ignored him. Eventually the rest of the group made its way toward us. Chris then proceeded to tell us that this was a free day so we could do whatever we wanted.

"Were you even paying attention," Courtney snapped at me.

"Of course I was," I droned standing up. I pretended to be all shaky and twitchy, thanking myself for joining the drama club,

"Are you okay," I heard Trent ask concerned.

"Why wouldn't I be," I said deepening my voice a little. I turned around slowly and tilted my head to the side to where it almost reached my shoulder, hunching over slightly. I vaguely heard someone cautiously walk up to me.

"What are you doing Trent," Bridgette asked. I knew she was alerting me on who it was. I felt my sunglasses being pulled off my face but I kept my eyes close.

"Ash," he asked worriedly.

"Why is everyone crowded around Ash looking scared," I heard Uncle Chris ask. He walked up to me so that everyone was in front of me. My face slowly spread into a menacing grin and I snapped open my eyes. Literally everyone screamed and fell on their asses, except Bridge. I didn't expect them to be leaning in that close. I slowly blinked before the two of us erupted into laughter.

"What the hell was that," Courtney screeched standing outraged. I held my sides gasping for air. Their faces were priceless. It was a mixture between shock, surprised and scared.

"What happened to your eyes," Trent asked jumping up. His hands flew to my face, inspecting my eyes. Duncan growled and stood up too.

"They're contacts," Bridgette explained considering I was still giggling.

"It's so cool," Izzy rambled. "Like you've got the zombie plague or something. And your acting was so real. I mean, you were in the drama club for like all of high school. You were the best. I mean, you still are the best." Izzy's rambling seemed to diffuse the lingering tension, I pulled my face away from Trent and took out the fake contacts.

"You scared the crap out of us," Gwen said.

"That was the point darling," I teased. I hugged Duncan and twirled around, skipping back to the cabin. Behind me I heard someone get punched.

"Keep your eyes in your head man," I heard Duncan growl. Five minutes later I came out to see Duncan and Trent yelling at each other.

"Why do you keep staring at her?"

"Why are you getting so defensive?"

"I'm so sick of you staring at my girlfriend! It's bad enough you were flirting with her all day during yesterday's challenge."

"I wasn't flirting with Ash. I was being her best friend. You know, people who make each other laugh, do things together, comfort each other."

"Sounds a whole hell of a lot like my job."

"Except I see Ash as a sister and nothing more."

"Are you saying she isn't worth your time?" I ran in between them as Duncan lunged at Trent.

"Enough Duncan," I pleaded. I stood in front of him and looked into his eyes. He stated back at me, his eyes softening. He held my face with his hands before kissing me softly. Around us there were choruses of 'awes' and a couple 'ews'. I smiled and pulled back turning to look between the two boys. I motioned my head to Trent while looking at my boyfriend. He rolled his eyes playfully before walking up to Trent. The other boy tensed as Duncan held out his hand.

"Sorry for overreacting man," he apologized. Trent smiled and shook Duncan's hand.

"We're cool," he said.

"I don't know about you," Bridgette said addressing everyone. "But I say we have some fun in the sun. Chris has some stuff we can make a volleyball net out of, in the shed."

I grinned at her and raced her to the shed with the guys. Trent, Duncan, Geoff, and DJ carried the two polls and drove them into the ground. Bridgette, Gwen and I set up the net.

"So who's playing," I asked.

"I'm out," Heather said. Lindsey quickly denied following after her master. The game ended up being me, Bridgette, and Gwen against Duncan, Geoff and Trent. Needless to say, it got very competitive.

"You cheated, admit it," Duncan accused. I laughed and crossed my arms across my chest.

"We had sports bras on and it got hot. You can't blame us for stripping. You guys did too," I said gesturing to their shirtless torsos. He rolled his eyes and threw me over his shoulder.

"Put me down Duncan," I yelled hitting his back as he ran to the lake. I squealed as he threw me into the ice cold water. Instead of swimming to the surface I swam deeper and around the dock. I stealthily rose out of the water and listened to the conversation.

"Ash," Duncan asked. I heard two more sets of heavy footsteps run down the dock. I lifted myself out of the water and motioned for the girls. Together we snuck up on them and shoved all three of them in. Duncan resurfaced first with Geoff and Trent right after him. I exchanged a look with Bridge and Gwen and ran for it. Water splashed behind us as the boys got out of the water and chasing after us. We spent the next hour running around before everyone gathered around the campfire.

"Why don't you sing Ash," Cody suggested. I grinned as he handed me my guitar. I looked at Trent and played the first riff of the song. His eyes widened as he recognized the song.

She put him out like the burnin' end of a midnight cigarette
She broke his heart he spent his whole life tryin' to forget
We watched him drink his pain away a little at a time
But he never could get drunk enough to get her off his mind
Until the night

[1st Chorus]
He put that bottle to his head and pulled the trigger
And finally drank away her memory
Life is short but this time it was bigger
Than the strength he had to get up off his knees
We found him with his face down in the pillow
With a note that said I'll love her till I die
And when we buried him beneath the willow
The angels sang a whiskey lullaby

(Sing lullaby)

The rumors flew but nobody knew how much she blamed herself
For years and years she tried to hide the whiskey on her breath
She finally drank her pain away a little at a time
But she never could get drunk enough to get him off her mind
Until the night

[2nd Chorus]
She put that bottle to her head and pulled the trigger
And finally drank away his memory
Life is short but this time it was bigger
Than the strength she had to get up off her knees
We found her with her face down in the pillow.
Clinging to his picture for dear life
We laid her next to him beneath the willow
While the angels sang a whiskey lullaby

(Sing lullaby)

Afterwards I sang Someone's watching over me, Why not, I see fire, Something in the water, Flightless bird, American mouth, and Love the way you lie.

"I say we sleep out here tonight," I yawned leaning against Duncan. Everyone chorused in agreement as we were too tired to move. I studied the night sky before curling up to Duncan, slipping into sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
I don't own any of the songs