Status: Updated every other day!

I Want You in the Most Unromantic Way

A Gun Made Of Gold

I woke up the next morning to my mother nudging me and telling me to wake up.

"Kells. Kellin. KELLIN!!!" she called, pulling the warm, comfy duvet off my body and opening the curtains.

I glared at her and got up. This seemed to assure her that I wasn't going back to sleep because she left my room. I walked to my newly organized closet and picked out a pair of black skinny jeans, a gray Queen tank, and some grey vans. I glanced at the alarm clock
and realized I had about forty minutes to get to school.

I rushed to the bathroom and immediately shook out of my clothes from yesterday. Turning on the hot water, I was mesmerized by the steam that poured out of the shower head. I came back to my senses and hopped in. The hot water felt wonderful on my pale skin, but i had to hurry up if I wanted to have time to straighten my hair. Moving quickly, I shut off the water and dried myself off. Wrapping a towel around my waist, I walked out and plugged in my straightener. I hurried up and dressed quickly. I only had twenty minutes left.

________________

Fifteen minutes later, I ran downstairs, my skateboard in hand. Giving my mom a kiss on the cheek, and ignoring by fathers goodbye, I rushed out the door. The blazing California sun hit my face as soon as I walked outside. It was perfect skateboarding weather. I skated all the way to my new school. I heard the bell ring and groaned as I realized I was going to be late on my first day at Ridgemont High.

Dreading what was to come, I climbed the stone steps leading up to the door. When I got inside, I was quite unimpressed by what I saw. The school was less than spectacular. Upon walking in, the smell of sweat from the gym at the end of the first floor hall hit your nose. The floors were sticky from being recently polished. The white, blue, and orange paint was peeling off the wall. A large banner was posted on the front of the entrance. It had what appeared to be the school mascot, a wombat I think, and it was announcing the school dance.

I was interrupted from my thoughts from a lady who called me.

"Hi there sweetie, why aren't you in class?"

"Um, I'm new here and I'm not quite sure where I'm supposed to be..."

"Oh, you're Kellin Quinn right? New student from Michigan?"

"Yup that's me." I confirmed.

"Alright, well here is your course schedule and your locker number. I have a student waiting to show you around in your first class. Just put your things away and go to room 204. Tell your teacher you're new and Ms.Gates is giving Vic Fuentes permission to show you around."

I soaked up all this information and nodded.

She gave me a warm smile and resumed working. I took that as my signal to walk away and looked for my locker. It was number 304. I internally groaned as I realized I would have to climb three flights of stairs to get to my locker every morning. My footsteps resounded in the staircase and after a few minutes arrived at my destination. I put my stuff away and braced myself for my first day in hell.

------------------------