Wildest Dreams

Val

"This is way too much." I say to my best friend, Kyle as I stare at my reflection in her full length mirror.

"Uh, no. It's just enough. You look perfect." The blonde tells me as she applies lip gloss over her bright red lipstick.

"I look ridiculous, Ky." I turn to the side to look at my profile as I smooth a hand down my front, feeing self conscious in the short top that shows way more than I'm use to showing.

"You do not." She makes a 'pop' sound with her lips and turns to face me.

"Matt's going to be saying 'Valary who?' when he sees your sweet ass." I roll my eyes at her and grab my jacket off the chair next to the mirror. "Whatever you say. Let's go, we are going to be late."

__________


As we enter the crowded and smoky bar, my eyes start scanning the crowd for any sign of Matt and the guys.

"Do you see them?" I ask Kyle as I slip my hand in hers to keep from getting separated. She shakes her head no as she begins weaving her way through the sea of people towards the stage. I hear the sound of guitar and drums and look up to the stage to see Jimmy already behind the drum set while Zack warms up with his guitar.

"We just missed them. They're taking the stage." I yell to Kyle over the loud crowd and music.

"Let's find a spot!"

An hour later Kyle and I are once again weaving through the people trying to get to the guys to say hello. My heart is beating just a little bit faster than normal when my mind wanders to the kiss Matt and I shared just a few days ago.

"They're they are!" I point out the guys across the club where they are talking to a group of girls. I roll my eyes.

"Look at those girls fawning all over them."

"Is someone jealous?" Kyle says with a giggle as she bumps my shoulder with her own.

"No." My heart sinks at that moment as a blonde woman makes her way over and slips an arm around Matt's neck. I can't look away as she kisses him more intimately than should be shared in public.

I scan her up and down, clad in a pair of red leather jeans and a top that leaves little to the imagination. Her movements are precise in the sky high heels she's wearing and I'm reminded of my lack of coordination in anything other than flat shoes which is why I've felt insecure in the barely heeled boots I'm wearing, now.

Val.

I can hear her laugh from all the way over here as she joins in the conversation with the rest of the group. She stays glued to Matt's side, her arm moving from around his neck to around his waist. Val screams confidence in everything she does, every move she makes is sexual in some way. It's no wonder Matt is smitten by her.

I brush my hair out of my face and then to Kyle.

"This is stupid. Let's just go."

"Absolutely not, Ri. You look hot tonight and Matt Sanders is going to see it."

As I try to convince her otherwise, I miss the fact that we have been spotted by Brian. Great. I see him storming over to us out of the corner of my eye and that causes the rest of the group to turn and look at us. I see Matt's eyes go wide and then narrow as he sees who Brian is charging towards.

"What the fuck are you wearing?" Brian asks in a low voice as he grabs me by the upper arm and tries to drag me towards the entrance of the club.

"Brian, stop!" I dig my heels into the ground and rip my arm away from him.

"Excuse me?"

"Quit treating me like a child."

"You're seventeen years old and i can practically see your tits!" I roll my eyes and turn back around to catch up with Kyle. I turn to look at my brother over my shoulder and he's seething with rage as he follows. The rest of the guys are talking to Kyle as she waits for Brian to get himself under control. This is nothing new with my brother. I can't go anywhere or do anything without him having a major meltdown.

"Hey, Mariah." Zack greets as he pulls me into a hug. "Don't let him get you down. You look beautiful."

"Why thank you, Zack." Brian catches his comment and punches Zack in the arm hard enough to make him wince.

"Chill out, Haner. No ones trying to put the moves on your sister." Zack defends himself. The comment causes my gaze to flicker to Matt who still has Val attached to his side, a smile on her lips. Matt's eyes are dark as his gaze bores down on me, making me feel like my every move is being scrutinized.

"If I didn't know better, I'd think you were trying to get someone's attention, Little Haner." Val teases as she winks at me. I blush and look down to my feet.

"Why don't you go get us some drinks?" Matt asks as he pulls himself away from the blonde suction cupped to his side.

"What would you like, baby?" Her tone is suggesting and it causes my stomach to turn.

"Jack and Coke." Matt hands her some money and turns his attention back to Kyle and me as the rest of the guys talk to random people passing by to comment on the show. The music is loud so I can't hear what any of them are saying anymore. Brian continues to glare at me even as he talks with others. Kyle is wrapped up in the attention she's getting from a few guys that hang out with the band, leaving me standing awkwardly by myself.

"You really shouldn't have dressed like that." I hear a voice say just loud enough for me to hear. I look up to see that Matt has leaned against the wall just beside me.

"Why?" I ask, glad the music is loud enough to hide the nerves in my voice.

"Because you're making it really hard for me to forget about that kiss when you're showing me everything I want to see." His eyes move down to my chest to my bare stomach where his gaze lingers just a little longer. Chills run down my spine under his intense stare.

"What about Val?"

"What about her?"

"She seems to be throwing herself at you tonight."

"It's no different than any other." I roll my eyes. "You're making this hard." He mumbles out as he leans just a little bit closer. His hand reaches out just enough to brush against my hip and across my stomach to my belly piercing. Goosebumps rise on my skin as I watch his face, so intent on what he's doing. His fingers glide over my skin just above my jeans and he closes his eyes tight just for a second. Matt balls his hands into fists and crosses his arms across his chest.

Confidence builds in my chest as Matt takes a deep breath. His eyes flicker over my shoulder and I turn to see Brian with a confused look on his face as he glances in our direction. I slide past Matt to make my way over to my brother as I see Val approaching, drinks in hand. I make sure to brush up against him the whole way past and as my lower body comes into contact with his, his hands reach down to grab my hips firmly in his hands. I turn to look at him over my shoulder, a grin on my face as his expression turns dark once more.

"Don't go home with her." I whisper just loud enough for him to hear. I pull myself away from him and over to Brian before anyone else can get any ideas. I grip onto Kyle's arm and she gives me a nervous look.

"Brian saw you guys talking. He's going to confront you later."

"Can't wait." I can't even bring myself to care about my brother right now after the exchange that just happened between Matt and I. I look back one more time to see Matt staring me down while sipping his Jack and Coke, Val once again attached to his side, her lips attacking his neck. I wink at him before turning back to Kyle.

"Let's dance."
♠ ♠ ♠
Mariah
Kyle