Dreaming's for Sleeping

Lunch

The sounds of muffled people talking around us, and giggling school girls filled the slightly small space we were now seated in. I'm not sure if they recognized anyone that was sitting next to me in in his small resturant or if they were just gossiping about the "hot guys" that were sitting with me.

As we waited for our food, I sat next to Theo and Shailene, while my brother was on the other side of Theo and Jai sat next to Shailene. I was briefly introduced to Jai, mainly just first names and what I did because of Miles introducing the two of us.

"So Astoria," Miles started. "How's work with Derek going?"

"Um, okay, I guess," I shrugged. "I haven't reallly worked with him much since I was helping out with Michael for a while."

"Michael?" Shailene questioned as I nodded.

"Carbonaro," I leant back in my chair about me. "You know the recent ex. He had a show he was working, well still has a show and I helped him with a few things."

"I still can't believe you dated a magician," Miles mumbled as I rolled my eyes.

"Yeah because he was so lame," I glared at him with sarcasm dripping from my voice.

"You dated a magician?" Jai finally looked towards me as I nodded.

"For a bit," I played with my sleeve. "It's a long story but there's a reason he's now an ex."

"Isn't there one for all?" Jai smirked which in turn caused me to smile.

"Besides he wasn't that bad," Theo jumped in. "They just drifted apart in the end. Said some words to each, you know typical break up things."

"And then you have this guy," I pointed to Theo. "The ever loving best friend who likes to be the peace maker."

"But she knows she loves me," Theo smirked as I rolled my eyes.

"So you're Miles' twin sister?" Jai questioned.

"Yup," I nodded and looked at Miles who was too into this phone for some reason. "I'm by far the cooler and more fun one."

"I heard that," Miles mumbled. "And you so are not, you're the more spastic, random one."

"Ego maniac," I half glared at him.

"Emo child," Miles countered back.

"Children," Shailene looked between the two of us. "Play nice. We all know that Astoria is a spazz and random but-"

"Hey," I looked shocked at her as Jai smirked. "Maybe a little but nuh uh."

"It's ok, Astoria, I still love you," Miles went to answer his phone.

"As he's answering his phone," I rolled my eyes as Theo chuckled.

"Hey, I'm going to go use the bathroom," Theo got up. "I'll be back."

"Oh, I've got to make a phone call real quick too," Shailene smirked as she got up from the table only to rush off as I was now left with Jai at the table.

"They so just set us up," Jai pointed out.

"Yup," I sighed as I played with my glass.

There was a silence for a bit as I shifted in my chair, unsure of what to say to him or at all to break the silence. He cleared his throat for a second as my eyes met his.

"So," He started.

"So," I smiled lightly.

"How do you like living in Chicago?" He questioned.

"It's nice. Probably one of the best times I've had in a while," I shrugged. "How's the movie going?"

"Great," He nodded as I watched him and felt my heart race.

"So, I was wondering and I know you don't have to, but my brother wants everyone to come over tonight after filming," I started trying to find the right words to ask him. "But I guess I was wondering if you'd want to get cappachino or tea or something with me tonight."

"Tea?" He raised an eyebrow at me.

"Oh my god, yes," I half laughed. "Argo Tea is the best tea like ever. And I was figuring we could just get to know each other or something since I know Shailene and Theo-"

"It's fine," He smirked. "They're right, you are random and a spazz but it's adorable. And yes, I'll go with you."

"Really?" I questioned as he nodded.

"Why not?" He shrugged. "I thought you were cute when I walked past you and Theo told me who you were. It's just hard to say anything with Miles around."

"He does make things awkard," I smirked as Theo and Shailene came back. "How was the bathroom?"

"What?" Theo looked at me as he rolled his eyes. "I really did have to go."

"And your phone call?" I looked at Shailene.

"It was quick," She shrugged.

"Such liars," I rolled my eyes as Jai smirked and Miles finally came back from whatever phone call he was making.

It wasn't long after that our food arrived and the five of us finished lunch before everyone headed back to set and I went back to my apartment to change clothes to head into work. It was the first time in a while that I had been back to my old studio where I started since I was called in to watch their team routine before they went to competition. It was weird since I now had my own studio in the city and one in New York which both Derek Hough and I both co-owned. That's what happened after working with him. We both opened dance studios in Chicago and New York.

Of course my side of the dance was more hip hop as to where he would teach ballroom. Plus it helped that when Derek wasn't here in Chicago, I had my best dance friend, Robert Hoffman III, working at my stuido as a head instructor and one of my co-owners or whatever you wanted to call him.

It made my day go by faster at least. Getting to work on choreography and seeing kids that I haven't seen in a while. It was crazy, here I am almost 28 and the kids I coach from such a young age seem to be growing up in front of my eyes. It made me feel old yet proud to call them one of my own and to teach the new kids what I knew.

By time I got back home, it was approaching 10 pm now and to say I wasn't exhausted would be an understatment. I felt like my whole body drug itself towards the door of my apartment and open it, only to hear voices coming from the kitchen.

I sat my keys down on the table next to the couch, along with the bag as I made my way into the kitchen to find Theo, Jai, Miles, Shailene, and a new kid sitting around the table.

"Hey, we got pizza," Theo pointed out as I nodded.

"Who's the new kid?" I questioned as I went to the fridge to get some water.

"Ansel," Miles chimed in. "He's in the movie with us."

"Oh," I nodded and took a swig off the bottle.

"You look tired," Theo walked over to me.

"Exhausted," I leant against the counter. "But I promised or well I made the arrangements to go out with someone for tea and I always keep my word."

"Just don't be out too late," Theo smirked.

"I can't make any promises," I smiled at him as I took another sip off my water.

After grabbing a bite to eat, I finally found time to sneak away from everyone to slightly kidnap Jai and rush him out to the slightly busy city street.

"Keep walking," I laughed as I half shoved him down the street. "Before Miles notices we're gone and he decides to come looking for us and asks us a million and one embarassing questions."

"You make him sound like a horrible brother," Jai laughed.

"He's not so bad," I shrugged as we walked down the street. "Sure we argue and torment each other but we're siblings, hell twins too. I had to share a lot with him, room, birthday, sometimes the same thoughts and sentences."

"That's so cute," Jai cooed.

"Shut up," I blushed a bit. "But in the end, no matter what we say or if we beat the shit out of each other, we have each others back and we've got this weird twin thing where we know when the other is in trouble or really down."

"So where are we headed?" Jai questioned.

"I guess just to walk," I shrugged. "Argo Tea is almost closed since it is almost 11 but I mean, the city's gorgeous, so why not enjoy it?"

"Because it's kinda cold," Jai pointed out.

"Okay, true," I smirked at him. "But it's not extremely brutal like it has been yet, knock on wood."

"Thank god for that," He agreed.

"You know, most guys would think I'm crazy for wanting to just walk around the city," I walked down the street as I pulled my jacket tighter.

"I'm not most guy," He mentioned as he pulled out a pack of cigarettes.

"Obvisously not," I pointed out. "You smoke?"

"Problem?" He questioned as I shook my head.

"No, I don't care. I don't smoke, but I'm not about to judge anyone if they do," I watched as he smiled a bit and continued walking. "You know you're not the total bad boy that people make you out to be."

"Is that so?" He smirked as he looked at me.

"Drinking? Smoking?" I teased him. "Not exactly scary."

Jai let out a low chuckle as we kept walking. "Someone sounds like an adrenaline junkie?"

"Not so much that," I stopped against the railing of the river we made it to. "I just live for being, adventurous, I guess you could say. Taking risks, living in the moment, that kind of thing."

"You know, you are quite different from your brother," He nodded as he looked across the river at the city.

"It's beautiful, isn't it?" I turned to look at the city lights glistening off the water. "I fell in love on a trip here once as a kid. I tried to tell myself there would be another city that would make me feel like this but in the end, I was brought back here."

Jai turned to look at me and was about to say something when I took a deep sigh and moved away from the railing.

"We should get back. Are you doing anything tomorrow night?" I questioned as he shrugged.

"I think I should be done with filming early enough," He searched his brain for a second as he thought. "Yeah, I'm probably free."

"Wanna meet back here and we can talk more later?" I asked hoping he'd come back again tomorrow night.

"I'd like that," He nodded.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry this feels rushed and kinda boring or short. I wanted to get this out and feel bad that it took so long to get anything done since I've been so busy.