The Tick Tock of the Clock

Peter Lewis Kingston Wentz, III

Sitting on the steps to the stage I watched Pete who, no more than ten feet away from me, was with a small little Asian woman next to him; she was later going to interview him. She though was sadly afraid of me, though I don’t know why. I have yet to threaten her and even all the people I threaten I’m still friends, I can list many. Gabe Saporta, Jeremy Davis, Joe and Andy, Sisky and all his lack of business, The Butcher, Carden, Travis McCoy, Hayley Williams, Jenna, William Beckett…

The list goes on an on because I’ve had to threaten my friends when they’re stupidity strikes and it often strikes many of them.

“Hello everyone!” My eyes darted to Mark from Blink 182 walking up and around the brightly decorated Civic car. My mouth dropped open.

“You’ve gotta be shitting me.” I snapped placing my head in my hands hearing Pete’s rich laughter. Glaring up at him he shrugged a bit. “How the hell did you even manage that? And Secondly Why? He’s going to destroy everything.” I gasped at Pete who smiled at me while tapping his chin.

“I have my ways. Normally my way is your way but I had to go a different way so you wouldn’t kill me. And those freaks are in love with Blink 182, so I figured why not.” He shrugged as I slammed my head back into the wall I was leaning again. “I know, I know, you don’t like not being in control, just remember this phrase right here.” I waited for him to finish. “Disney Land.” Groaning I threw my self forward on my knees, crossing my arms over them before I placed my head on my arms. “Yeah baby.” He laughed as Mark announced Panic and they came out playing some of their new stuff.

“So who’s got questions for these lovely young men?” Mark teased; several hands went up as people with microphones walked around looking for someone who might have a good question.

“Hi, I was wondering if you weren’t doing this, what would you being doing?” a girl asked, as Mark turned to the four leaning casually against the call.

“Land Surveying.” Brendon stated laughing. “I know it doesn’t sound all that glamorous, but it’s what I use to do!” He gasped as Ryan lifted his microphone to his mouth.

“He use to have this gnarly tan from it too.” Ryan’s monotone voice lifted through the room as everyone laughed.

“Yeah, I never use to be this white, and I look good with a tan.” Brendon stated as Jon took in a breath of hair.

“I’d run an animal shelter.” He stated as everyone awed at the thought of how sweet the big goon was.

“He’s lying!” Brendon yelled, mic down as he moved to the front of the stage. “He hates animals!” He added before moving back to where he was before.

“I’d open an Orphanage.” Spencer stated being a smartass.

“I’d volunteer at the hospital.” Ryan muttered quickly staring Spencer down as the room roared with laughter from the smartass remark. Rolling my eyes I leaned on my hands watching as the questions went on and on.

“I wanna know who’s single.” A girl asked, the stage went silent at the four glanced at one another.

“I’m married.” Brendon stated quickly as his band mates turned to him stunned, arching their brows delicately at him large cheesy grin.

“That’s news to me.” Ryan muttered lightly. “No but we’re all taken other than Brendon.” He added as he watched Brendon’s smile screw into a frown almost instantly as the words left his lips.

“So Pete.” The woman muttered lightly holding her microphone out to him. “What’s it like knowing they’ll be playing the Honda Civic tour?” Pete took in a deep breath nodding.

“It’s a good feeling, knowing my friends and label mates…” He trailed off as Ryan and Brendon broke into the Birthday Song by The Beatles. “Would you guys shut up?” He laughed both went silent looking over at him as he shook his head rolling his eyes. “Thank you.” He laughed licking his lips. “But as I was saying, it’s a good feeling, and these guys,” he lifted at hand to the group. “Totally deserve it. They’ve worked hard for what they’ve got.” He muttered nodding his hand.

“The Deathfics.” Leaning forward I looked at Brendon nodding. “People have a thing with Deathfics for us, I don’t get it.” Rolling my eyes I leaned back at how he shouldn’t be reading fan fic’s it was going to scar his fragile mind. “No I’m serious!” He gasped

“And us being together, like dating. I don’t get those.” Ryan muttered as he nodded. “Really I’ve never heard one about us being related, that’d be pretty cool though.” He nodded giving a faint smile, even though smiling wasn’t really his thing.

“Pete, now that the last tour is over, what are you going to do now?” She asked as the ceremony for the announcement came to a close. Standing I watched at he rubbed his nose thinking about what he was going to do before he looked up at he and smiled.

“I’m going to Disney Land.” He stated as the women laughed nodded. “I’m serious; I’m going to Disney Land in a few days.” He stated stuffing his hands into his jean pockets with stiff shoulders as he nodded.

“Really?” She asked a bit startled.

“Yeah, I love that place.” He muttered as the women glanced at me while I looked at my newest text message. It wasn’t anything important so I looked back up at her staring.

Turning I looked around at the crowd filling out a bit, most of the crowd stayed on the floor though as the boys seemed to move around with some air of having something coming next.

“And who is she?” My eyes snapped back to the woman smiling at me, weakly. “You’ve been joking with her all night, so she must have some importance.” Pete looked at me nodding his head lightly as he drew in a deep breath through closed teeth.

“She is. She is.” He stated looking back at the woman. “Not only is that one of my best friends, but she’s also my assistant and runs my life basically.” He muttered lightly as Brendon walked over draping an arm over his shoulders. “Hello Brenny-Boy.” Pete muttered draping an arm over Brendon’s shoulders as well. “Hey, have you meet Brendon yet?” He asked the small lady as Brendon waved at her smiling. “He’s a pretty cool guy huh?” Pete stated as she nodded laughing a bit.

“We gotta go Pete.” I muttered lightly. “We have to get up early.” I whispered he nodded a bit. Early as in, Pete was going to be half asleep when I woke him and transferred him into the car and started the drive back to Crystal’s so we could meet up with the others.

“Alright, give me a minute.”

“We don’t have to leave this second, but soon.” I muttered walking down the steps as bit as my phone began to vibrate. “Hello?” I asked I herd a soft laugh on the other end. “Hello?”

“Hey.” Patrick’s clear voice came through the phone. “I need to ask you something…”

“Shoot.” I muttered lightly running a hand through my hair. I nodded at a few people I knew walking by me as everyone was ushered out.

“Where did you put our tickets?” He asked softly. “For Phoenix?” He added.

“They’re at the airport waiting for you.” I muttered

“I told you Joe!” He yelled off the phone. “Thank you.”

“No problem. Hurry up you’re plane is suppose to leave soon.” I stated looking at the watch on my wrist.

“I know we’re leaving now, we just had the ticket scare. Bye.” He stated and hung up as I rolled my eyes as how odd they were sometimes. Turning back around I noticed Spencer walking towards me, the others standing with the lady being interviewed.

“Hey Spence.” I muttered as he stood next to me. “What?” I asked he lifted several pieces of paper out to me. Taking them I looked them over. There were two numbers, and two names along with a few pictures of two guys. “What is this for?” I asked

“They fit under two guys with girls’ names.” He muttered patting my shoulders as I nodded looking at the names again, Julian and Emily.

“You do realize Julian is a gender neutral name right?” I asked looking up at him as he clicked his tongue at me slightly annoyed, you needed to guys with girls names because everyone was afraid Gabe would put his name down as Gabby, or something. “Giving me an argument in a few seconds why its not.” I muttered pulling away from him.

“Because Julian sounds like Jillian and that’s not gender neutral.” Laughing I shook my head.

“Rehearse that?” I asked he nodded.

“It wasn’t rushed was it?” He asked lightly as I shook my head placing the items in my bag.

“It was good.” I stated patting his stomach lightly before pointing at the group. “Go tell Pete we gotta go here real soon.” I muttered looking at my cell phone. Nodding Spencer walked away giving Jon a high-five as he walked up nodding with a smile. “Come on.” I whispered lightly watching them talk a bit. Glancing at the time I began to count at what time in the morning we could leave and still make it before the guys plane landed. Eight Am seemed like a good time, that way we both got a good nights sleep.

“Hey sorry.” Pete muttered walking over as I yawned. “Let’s go sleepy.” He stated draping an arm over my shoulder as he wandered out of the nearly empty venue. I paused hearing a crash. “Let’s go, it has nothing to do with you.” Pete stated pushing me, my feet skidded along the pavement as the fast pace he was pushing me out.

“What did you do?” I hissed as he stopped opening the passenger door and pushing me in. “Peter Lewis Kingston Wentz!” I yelled as the door slammed in my face. I watched as he ran around the car, arms waving and resembling a run something close to the way Jack Sparrow runs. “What. Did. You. Do?” I hissed at him as he climbed in buckled up and started the car backing out quickly.

“Pete you ass!” Turning around in my seat was I watched Mark running at us as Pete nearly floored it to get out of the parking lot. Turning slowly I glared at him. He had to prank Mark of all people, which was like… a death sentence to pranks.

“What did you do?” He didn’t answer me. “Peter, Lewis King-” I stopped as he lifted a hand waving at me still snickering. “If we get pranked because of you, left here at the next light,” I muttered pointing ahead of us as he looked around, some what lost. “I’m going to hurt you.” I stated he nodded lightly.

“But I really didn’t do anything., you know how I told him he’d end up breaking the fountain?” I nodded. “Well he did.”

“You had someone push it over when he was near it didn’t you?” He shook his head as I thought about what could have happened that pissed Mark off. “You had someone push him into it, didn’t you?” I asked; he nodded lightly laughing at the thought of the former Blink 182 member having to pay for the rather expensive fountain. “Right.” I sighed.

“Well actually, I bribed Brendon to push Derek into Mark, who would then fall into the Fountain.” He muttered lightly nodding as I groaned covering my face with my hands. “We’re here.” He stated parking the car in front of the hotel.

“You’re an idiot some days.” I sighed getting out of the car as we headed into the hotel.

“But you love me.” He muttered lightly as he placed an arm over my shoulders lightly, looking around at the lobby as if it was his first time entering the building.

“Not very much.” I stated watching as he smiled, laughing at the comment.

“Touché.” And with that we ended the conversation.
♠ ♠ ♠
comment please and thank you.