The Tick Tock of the Clock

tricks of the trade.

“No! No!” I Turning I looked at Pete’s wide smile hearing the voice over the bustle of the crowd. “No Anakin totally wins.” I nodded and waved a hand for Pete to go and attack the defenseless man.

“Scha-weet.” Pete gasped slinking off through the crowd.

“How could you say that? Luke’s got nothing on Anakin! I mean seriously Anakin turns into Dart-Vade-” I listened to the loud scream twist with Pete’s bad villain laugh. Sighing I made my way through the crowd Crystal in front of me making a pathway and yelling at anyone who wouldn’t move for her. She was pulling the ‘I’m in a wheelchair! How could you be so heartless! You better be grateful you can walk, or even feel your legs!’ I don’t know how many times she actually had to yell at the average business man who could careless about her condition. She even tried to run one over before going around him when he fell over and called him a prick. Pete would have been proud if he saw it. And I know why she was finally acting like a bratty kid in a wheelchair for once, she was upset that I was upset and didn’t want me to have to deal with the jerks; so she was doing it for me in attempt to make me feel better when she verbally attacked someone and literally as well. It made me smile, but didn’t make me feel much better.

“What is wrong with you?” I looked at Pete sitting on Joe messing with his poofy hair, Patrick was laughing his butt off in the little blue plastic chairs the airport supplied, a girl with long dark brown hair with red high-lights sitting next to him with a wide smile on his face; I was amazed to see she’d accepted my offer to come. Then there was Andy, or the matter of where the hell Andy was or could possibly be.

Turning I looked around scanning the area for the tall, red-headed drummer and anyone that looked anything like him. It was like one of those ‘find Waldo’ pictures.

“I could say the same thing to you.” Pete shot at Joe. “You seriously need to get over your love obsession with Anakin Skywalker dude. I don’t think you’re girls too happy that you voice your affair so opening.” Pete sighed, not removing himself from Joe’s stomach.

“It’s okay,” the women smiled at Pete. “I’ve got Luke, and trust me, I’ve tried Anakin, he’s not that great in bed.” She smiled as Joe’s mouth dropped open and both Pete and Patrick went into fits of hysteria.

“Ow, that hurt, that hurt Mady. That hurt.” Joe gasped as he pointed at his heart. “Right here, that hurt right here.” He whispered at her still jabbing at his chest. I glanced down at Crystal’s confused face and sank into a crouch next to her.

“That’s Mady; she’s been dating Joe since they were in High school. They simply became friends because of Star wars back in the day I guess, started dating after a while and are still the biggest Star Wars fan’s you’ll ever meet that are normal. I swear if you walk into their apartment it’s nothing but Star Wars.” I whispered nodding my head. “The guys all have bet on what they’re wedding will look like.” I finished before standing up as she smiled and nodded.

“That’s cute.” Crystal whispered at me. Nodding I pushed Pete with my foot a few times till he looked at me, tears in his eyes from laughing so hard.

“Come on, get off him. You guys got an interview to do.” He nodded getting up, still laughing with his arms locked around his waist, and sat next to Patrick. Joe got up grumbling sitting between Patrick and Mady. “Where’s Andy?” I asked. Stopping I counted to five and turned around smiling at him standing a few feet behind me with a drink. “That trick never fails.” I whispered as he smiled at me proudly.

These are the tricks of the trade I’ve learned about Fall Out Boy: One- Pete Wentz can act his age but most the time is intelligence and maturity level is that of a sixteen-year-old hormonal teenager. Two- Patrick despite his shy, quite demeanor is, for the most part, the logic, reason, and guiding ways of the band and Pete. Three- Never insult Star Wars or suffer the wrath of Joe. Four- Energy drinks, coffee, sodas, or anything with caffeine is not allowed on the tour bus- no acceptations. Five- You can’t wake Joe or Patrick for any reason. I’m not saying it’s not allowed, I’m just saying it’s an impossible task. Six- Andy is the dictator of the bus on tour and Patrick is his right hand man. Seven- Do not torment the bus drive. Eight- the only good part to tour for the guys is seeing new cities and playing shows. Other than that they could do with out the whole stuck in the bus for hours on end part. Nine- If Andy isn’t around and he should be just ask ‘where’s Andy?’ count to five and turn around, he’ll be behind you. Never fails. Ten- The first week of tour Andy will spend most his time in the bus’s bathroom due to motion sickness(this later leads to number six). Eleven- Only Andy and Patrick know how to think before they speak in interviews. Twelve- Patrick isn’t allowed sausage(I‘ve yet to discover why, but I’m sure I don’t wanna know). Thirteen- Board games are gifts from god. Fourteen- Anyone to insult Monopoly in front of them will surely die. Fifteen- food isn't the way to their hearts: bracelets, back massages, bandanas, board games, Cd’s and random gifts are the way to their hearts. And lastly Sixteen- Rockband is the greatest game ever created.

Those are the sixteen things I’ve learned, sure most of them sound useless, but they’ve kept me alive and sane on tour before. Trust me, all sixteen are the most important rules I’ll ever have to use, live by and learn from.

“Hey Crystal.” Andy muttered bending down and hugging her before he sat next to Pete and patted his lap. Sitting on him he smiled at me. “I heard about what happened.” He whispered. Turning I narrowed my brows at him. “Pete sent us all a text when we were on the plane, so when we turned our phones back on we all got it.” He paused as Crystal got everything she need ready. “I’m sorry.” He whispered again his arm draping around my waist. Shrugging at him I stood up moved over by Mady.

“Hey.” I muttered hugging her as I sat next to her. “I didn’t think you’d come.” I smiled at her. She never hardly went anywhere with the guys. Her job was a bit demanding.

“I wasn’t planning on it. But Joe here,” she hissed at him, glaring at him. He turned hearing his name and smiled at her. “Called in for me saying I had some important family business to attend, pretended to be my dad and said it was urgent I had a plane ticker waiting for me at the airport for the other day.” She hissed at him pushing his arm off her shoulder once he dropped it over her shoulders. “So I freaked out started packing to go home, and didn’t connect that my dad would have called me and no my boss at work or the fact that it was for the same day and time they were flying out. So when I went to leave and found Joe, Andy and Trick waiting for me I was confused till it all clicked. By that point I’d been thrown in the car and Andy was speeding off to the airport.” She stated shrugging at me with a forced smile.

“So, you need a break from work.” Pete leaned forward staring at me. “Focus on the interview Peter and we’ve discussed this topic quite thoroughly.” I muttered as everyone looked between the two of us. We simply glared at each other for a while.

“Focus!” Crystal snapped hitting Pete in the head with her microphone. Whining he rubbed his head and stuck his bottom lip out at her. “Okay, now let’s start the interview.” She smiled at him. “This is the Crystal Cashdolla sessions and today I’m here with all of Fall Out Boy. Now, I hear there is two to three week break before another tour, am I right?” She asked holding the mic out Pete huffed sitting back arms crossed over his chest ignoring her.

“Yes, it’s true.” Patrick muttered nodding his head as the guys ignored Pete’s childish act to piss Crystal off even more and possibly apologies.

“Is it a US tour? What kind of tour is it?” she asked holding it back at to them.

“It’s US and Canadian tour.” Pat muttered glaring at Pete. Sighing I stood up walking around to the other side of the row of seats. Taking the seat directly behind, I sat on my knees and leaned over next to him a bit. Smiling at me I forced one back letting out a deep breath in his ear.

“If this you being a good boy who wants to met Cindy?” I asked sitting up right her turned to me pointing at glaring, mouth opening and closing like a floundering fish. “Is it?” I whispered at him. “Turn around, face forward, and answer the nice ladies questions or I know she’ll hurt you, and so will I.” I whispered at him. Turning around he huffed arms still crossed over his chest. I sank in my seat watching. Crystal stared at me confused.

“How longs the tour going to be?” She asked a bit confused, still watching me closely with narrowed eyes.

“Couple month, we’re not entirely sure.” Smiling I patted Pete on the head as he spoke. “We haven’t planned out all the dates. We’re still working on it.” He added as I walked away. “And you,” Pete gasped at the end of the hour long interview. “You totally suck!” He yelled at me while pointing a finger accusingly.

“When you point one finger at someone else, three fingers point right back at you.” I stated watching as not only his brows knitted together confused but so did Patrick’s and Joe’s; Andy only pointed at him self then nodded as if he understood. “And pointing is rude.” I added while all three tried to figure out what I was talking about.

“Dude, she’s right.” Patrick muttered. “See you point your index them the other fingers curl back and point at you.” He turned to wagging a finger. “Very clever.” He muttered as Joe laughed and Pete rolled his eyes.

“No, she’s just being a smart ass.” Pete muttered lightly crossing his arms. “And I’m just pointing the fact out; I’m not trying to piss you off.” He added quickly. Nodding I looked around the airport and sighed.

“Well…” Crystal laughed. “I’m leaving now, I don’t like airports.” She added waving at us as she left. I waved as well at her with the others.

“By the way, I don’t think I told you guys this, other than Pete.” I muttered they all leaned forward looking at me. “We’re ridding coach.” I stated. Mady and Joe shrugged while Patrick and Pete groaned, whining like small children, Andy didn’t say a word only grabbed the bridge of his nose.

“Are we at least sitting together?” Andy asked still holding the bridge of his nose, his eyes screwed shut.

“Yes, that much I did do. Coach isn’t bad.” I gasped at them while Patrick and Pete both looked at each other and nodded. Crossing their arms they stuck there noses in the air and threw themselves back into their seats before they brought their legs up. That meant one thing and one thing only: You can’t make me move from this spot unless I get what I want. “It’s just a little bit more cramped.” I stated watching Andy look at me blankly. “Will all me two rows. You won’t have to sit next to anyone you don’t know.” I muttered lightly. This made Andy bob his head and nod. “And you can be rude and not talk to anyone you don’t know, or even know.” I added watching the two children Pete and Pat had turned into. I got no reaction from them. “Fine, be that way.” I sighed leaning back in my seat.

“Now boarding Rows J and K.” the flight attendant muttered. Standing I handed everyone the ticket with their names on it. Joe, Andy and Mady walked away while I leaned over Pete and Pat who still really hadn’t moved.

“If you don’t get on that plane, you won’t be going to Disney Land.” They both glared at me. “If you’ve forgotten that’s where it’s taking us, and I won’t find another way to get you there.” Sighing they both huffed and got up grabbing their bags off the floor and their tickets from their laps where I’d tossed them. Heading over to the lady I smiled handing her my ticket and waiting for the other two.

I sighed looking at Andy to my right and Pete to my left in the aisle seat. Clicking my tongue I sank into my seat knowing this was the perfect seating arrangement. I could have an intelligent conversation with Andy on whatever popped into the weird boy’s head, and I wouldn’t have to worry about Pete staring at me through the seats in front of me to make sure I wasn’t ‘breaking down’ or whatever. And in front of the three of us Mady sat by the window, Pat in the middle seat and Joe on the aisle; they were that way for one reason and one reason only. They’d both make him forget the plane was taking off by talking Star Wars across him and he’d never notice what was going on because he’d be stuck between them and then once the plane was in the Joe would ask him to switch seats and they would.

I glanced over at our window and pulled the blind down as the plane began to taxi. I could see Pat lock up in front of me as Joe and Mady began talking effects in one of the movies and how it didn’t compare to another and not because of when they were made but purely… some other reasons they had. Pat wasn’t as tense as he’d started out when they began asking him about it, confusing the poor man half to death.

“So…” Andy mused softly tapping his fingers on the arm rests. “I’ve got nothin’.” He smiled down at me sadly as Pete snorted.

“Fine, I’ll do it.” Pete huffed, turning I looked up at him as he slung his arm over my shoulder lightly. “Ella, Ella, Ella…” He sighed shaking his head.

“What’d you do now?” I hissed at him. Andy burst with laughed making people look at us as the plane leveled out and Pete’s mouth dropped open.

“What?” He shrieked. “How could you suspect me of anything! I’ve been with you all day!” He yelled throwing his arms up in the air in disbelief pushing the red head to my right farther into his fits of laughter.

“Okay.” I nodded smiling Pete placed his arm over my shoulder. “What’d you tell Brendon to do?” I asked his mouth dropped open. “Okay.” I muttered before he could protest I was being mean and I should learn to trust him. I let it slide for several minutes as Andy calmed himself people still staring at us. “What’d you get Gabe to do?” I hissed at Pete as a though hit me. Pete stayed silent looking away. “Oh dear god Peter.” I gasped placing my hands over my face. “What are you to freaks planning?” I hissed at him.

“Nothin.” He whispered as Andy snorted hand over his mouth while gazing out the window avoiding Pete’s glare.

“You’re such a poor liar. What are you planning?” I hissed at him. Grabbing him by the shirt I made him face me. “Don’t. Make. Me. Hurt. You. Wentz.” I hissed at him through gritted teeth.

“Nothing, I’m serious. But he’s not happy I postponed the scavenger hunt.” I stared at him with narrowed eyes. “Seriously.” Letting him go I leaned back in my seat trying to relax.

The day Pete Wentz isn’t up to something is the day Brendon Urie stops drinking Redbull, is the day Gabe Saporta starts eating meat, the day Sisky Business is a normal human being, the day the Farro brother’s stop living off Hot Pockets and ice pops and the day the world will end.

“You’re lying.” I shot at Pete looking away from him.

“I’m not lying!” He gasped, and that’s how we spent the plane ride arguing, I didn’t even notice the plane was landing. “I’m not up to anything!” He gasped as he pushed the hotel door open dropping his bags.

“Liar, you’re always up to something.” I pointed he looked at my finger then me.

“What ever you said earlier in the airport and what I’m up to has nothing to do with you!” He gasped throwing his arms up. “It involves Travie and I getting back at Mark, okay?” He gasped at me.

“No, you’re up to something that deals with me other wise you would’ve just said that to start with.” I hissed everyone froze as he did. “I knew it.” I pointed at him.

“You’re not right!” He gasped throwing himself on the couch. “I’m not going to mess with you at this point and time, maybe a couple months down the road, but to mess with you know would prove I’m a heartless stuck up little jerk. I’m not going to do anything to you, I swear!” He gasped defensively.

“It’s time to take her to the air port it’s about six-thirty. Plane leaves at eight.” Patrick muttered. Nodding I sighed running my hands over my face. I said good-bye to Andy, Joe and Mady while Pete, Patrick and I walked to the door. “Don’t worry she’ll be back.” Pat laughed as Joe hugged me tightly.

“Go jump Anakin.” I laughed pushing him off me. Huffing he turned his nose up smiling at me.

“Oh…” I stopped as the lady took my ticket ten minutes to eight. Turning slowly to Pete I glared at him as he back away. The lady pushed me towards the door slowly. “I’m sorry about everything. I wish you didn’t have to do any of this.” I nodded waving at him and Pat walking down the tunnel thing to the airplane. “And if you see a red head at the airport it’s not my fault.” I spun on my heels to glare back at him and chase him down but I couldn’t even see Pat over the people coming down the tunnel as well with my lack of height. “It’ll be fine I promise.” He added as a flight attendant pulled me onto the plane.

I’m going to kill Pete Wentz one day; I’m not joking either.
♠ ♠ ♠
comment please.
I'm so happy I'm not stuck anymore.
I've also got this wicked Bren Urie idea I might post right after this, in case anyone cares to know.

So comment please. :]