The Tick Tock of the Clock

Pete taught me that.

The plane ride hadn’t been bad, Pete had stuck me in first class and bought out the seats around me apparently because no one sat any where near me and when I asked the flight attendant about it she simply told me the flight sold out and didn’t understand it either. So I emailed the jerk and this is what he said:

Hey! Ella! How the flight? Good I hope…. The seats… about those, I bought them out so you could relax and be by yourself in a rather public and confined space and what not.

Which is as sweet as the whole email gets from the annoying little jerk It went on to say this:

besides, I really don’t need you going to jail because you ate the guy next to you simply because he asks you to close the blinds on your window or just tries to get past you to go to the bathroom and you eat him then, or punch him in the nuts. On that note I still haven’t forgotten about when you did that to me, you were mean that day. You still owe the present you promised me. Don’t eat anyone on the plane, do you hear me Ella- carnivorous bad. No eating the people around you. No. Also I’m not telling diddly-poop about my comment in the terminal; you’ll figure it out soon enough. So as some good friends of ours would says: Sit back, relax and relapse. What you’re relapsing into I have no clue. Have a nice flight! Love Peewee. <3

The jackass. I glared at the screen for a moment before I sent him one simple message that read: People to give Italian neck ties to for Christmas: 1) Gabe Saporta, 2) Pete Wentz. before logging off and closing the laptop.

The plane landed smoothly after which I’m grateful for, but I’m seriously killing Pete.

Waiting in the terminal just out side my gate was a small red-headed women smiling at me in a black H2O sweater and bright red pants with a yellow under shirt. Her smile grew as I slowly came to a stop staring at her.

“Ellz!” She screamed running at me, arms straight out. Her arms circled me as she nearly knocked us both to the ground. “Oh my god, I’m so sorry you have to go through this!” She blubbered into my shoulder. At least I have one friend willing to cry for me. “I’m so sorry.” She gasped into my shoulder as if she’d been the one to kill my sister.

“Hayley found Ella.” My eyes drifted to the gruffy blonde bassist yelling down the terminal to several other people.

“Why are you crying?” I asked lightly placing my hands on the sides of her shoulder. She pulled back her large hazel eyes dripping with moister as tears stained her face.

“How can you not be?!” She snapped at me choking back more tears. I shrugged lightly, I’d been taking my sorrow out in a much more progressive way that made me feel better: Ruining other people’s days.

“I don’t know.” I shrugged lightly. “I just… I’ve been thinking about it a lot and I guess I’ve grown a bit numb to the idea. I understand people die, and I’ll know and be related to some of those people.” I whispered to her as she sniffled rubbing her nose and eyes, trying to remove the tears and stop her nose form running.

“That’s deep, that’s real-” I blinked startled as the Farro fell over holding his gut where Hayley had hit him.

“Told yeah so.” Josh muttered lightly looking down at his fallen brother with slight sympathy before looking up at Hayley’s glaring form. “I told him, he’s either gotta be quite, or be sympathetic or one of you two would take him out.” He gasped Hayley rolled her eyes at Josh and turned back to me.

“You guys are supposed to be in New York.” I sighed walking away from them; I needed to get to the baggage claim and get the only bag Pete let me take. He insisted I leave the other there so I had to come back for them, or they had to bring them back for me. “Doing and interview for Fuse, TRL, and MTV’s other channels that are covalently located in the same building.” I muttered to them as they followed me. Hayley took my hand glaring at me like a six year old being told to go to bed at their bed time.

“Well, we told them the truth.” Hayley nodded at me. I watched her waiting for her to fill me in on what the truth was? “Some things came up.” She smiled at me still sniffling back tears. Groaning I felt a hand on my head.

“Actually got on a plane after Pete left apparently and left a sticky note that said ‘sorry, but I had to blow this pop stand Ellz needs me.’ Then we had to tell them,” Jeremy dodged Hayley’s fist as she glared at him from reveling the truth. “That some family problems had arisen and we re-schedule for Friday instead.” He smiled at me. “Because some of us,” He pointed at himself. “Can work the same system you do, others of us,” He pointed at Farro brother’s. “Get lost between floors in the building and totally forget where they’re at and just sit down in the middle of hallways.” Laughing I shook my head. “And others of us,” He pointed at Hayley who swung at him again, and missed. “Over react and like to suddenly vanish and leave way to much information in which we can later relocate them.” Hayley huffed crossing her arms over her chest.

“And some of us,” She snapped at him. “Care about our friends. And some of us have a heart, unlike others.” She hissed glaring at him. He rolled his eyes as we stopped waiting for the bags to come down the conveyer belt.

“I still think you guys should be in New York. I’m fine really.” Hayley placed her hands on her hips.

“How can you be fine?” She gasped at me.

“I took it out on Pete.” All four froze leaning into each other as if for a picture. “What?” I asked

“How?” Hayley asked confused and worried.

“Threatened to take his Disney Land ticket with me so he couldn’t meet Cinderella, after awhile I almost had him near tears.” I smiled at her pleasantly as the belt began to move and the bags began to clang loudly in the metal shoot. “Why, what were you thinking?” I asked as the bags finally slid out and dropped down to the belt rotating slowly.

“Nothing.” They all shot as Zac stood behind the group poking his index finger through a circle he made with his fingers. He dropped his hands quickly as the others looked back at him as if knowing what he was doing.

“You guys are sick.” I sighed grabbing my bag and slinging it over my shoulder. They all stared at me other than Josh who glared at his brother knowingly. “I work with Pete, when the statement ‘nothing’ is said that quickly it’s either something is being planned that I’m not going to like, or Pete’s teenage hormonal mind is running wild.” I stated Josh turned to me and glanced back as Zac before me again debating if I spoke the truth or not. “So, yeah you’re all nasty and you shouldn’t be here.” I stated again walking away from them.

They followed me outside to where Tom was waiting for me. I’d called and let him know what was going on for the most part before I even got on the plane.

Turning I glared at them.

“If you don’t go back to your hotel I’m going to invoke the last threat I issued on you guys.” I hissed at them opening the door.

“Well, bye!” Josh yelled.

“See you later!” Zac called yelling for his brother to slow down as they ran away.

“Peace.” Was all Jeremy muttered as he took off running after the two brothers, but Hayley didn’t moved simply crossed her arms. Smiling I opened the car door and stepped aside for her.

“Get in.” I smiled. Clapping she jumped in the car and I followed. “Now, seeing as you won’t listen to me.” I sighed and leaned my head on her shoulder. “Slap me and wake me up from this nightmare.” I whined lightly as she wrapped her arms around me tightly hugging me.

“Police station?” Tom asked I nodded noticing another man looking at me. “I brought James because sometime police can be jerks.” He added as he pulled away from the curb. Rolling my eyes I waved at James as he smiled waving back. James isn’t your typical security guard but neither is Dirty. James is rather thin for a body guard but he’s taken a guy out four times his size, he doesn’t wear sunglasses ever and he refuses to wear suits- he’s very much like Dirty; even if Dirty is a bit bigger that James.

The ride to the police station was dead silent. Sighing I sat up as the car slowed to a stop right in front of the large building. Everyone watched me as I stared up as him.

My hands shook as I grabbed the door handle and pushed the door open slowly. James got out quickly pulling the door open for me and holding it. Nodding I stepped out pushing my sweater down and removing the sweat from my palms as it collected.

Closing my eyes I took a deep breath and let it out before I opened my eyes. Hurrying up the steps I almost left Hayley behind, but James was right behind me. Pushing through the door people looked at me awkwardly.

“Normally people don’t bring themselves.” In a man in a uniform laughed as I walked up to the counter. James slid closer to the man glaring at him. “What you going to do something punk?” The man asked standing up as a few others watched closely.

“Maybe.” James hissed at him.

“James, down.” I snapped. Stepping back James let his muscles relaxed. I herd a whipping sound and pushed past James. “You know what, bite me jackass.” I yelled they all seemed to freeze. “I’m in the mood to kill, my minds being royally fucked over because one of you pricks called me yesterday telling me my sister died and then told me ‘have a nice day’ if you all want to live you’ll show me where the hell Officer Daniels is and where her son is. Now, and I’m not joking.” I yelled at them one. The officer walked over and leaned down in my face. “If you don’t back up,” I hissed at him. “I’ll get you put in jail so fast it won’t be funny.” I hissed at him. “I know the best lawyers and this whole town and I claim insanity because my sister just died and I’ve got enough acting skill to pull it off.” He blinked and stepped back. “We’ll do this my way, or all of you will be going home with out a job, or going to the hospital missing limbs and half dead.” The officer laughed. Reaching up I grabbed his tie pulling him down to me. “I will hurt you.” I hissed in his face before pushing him away. “Show me were Mary Phight’s son is.” I added he laughed at me and moved back to his desk.

“Not after that fit.” Sighing I pinched my brow.

“Then for you will go with option one, and there is no taking it back.” I smiled pulling out my cell phone and scrolling through my numbers. “I’ll be back.” I smiled moving out front. Calling I sighed into the receiver. “Hi, this is Isabella Phight.” I stated as the line picked up.

“Ella, it’s been a while. Who did something stupid now?” The man asked.

“One of your officers is being a royal pain in my ass. He won’t let me see my dead sister’s son which she’s left to me.” I sighed looking at my nails a bit annoyed.

“Be down in a minute.” Then the line went dead. Putting my phone back into my pocket I smiled at my self proudly. Walking back in, I sat down crossing my legs.

“What are you doing?” Hayley asked as James sat down next to me. Patting the other empty seat next to me she sat down slowly. “What’s going on?” She whispered as the police officers glared at us a bit confused.

“I’ve learned to just shut up and wait. Pete taught me this trick.” James muttered nodding Hayley smiled at me sadly and wrapped an arm around my shoulders. Leaning my head on her shoulder I let out a deep breath.
♠ ♠ ♠
comments.