The Tick Tock of the Clock

How old are they?

“Okay!” Pete muttered sitting on the bench next to me and slinging his arm around my shoulders. “We’ve… officially…” He licked his lips as he swallowed hard. “Lost Brendon Urie.” He stated watching me for my reaction. “He’s gone, just… gone.” He mused lightly waving a hand. “Pat thinks he’s going bald trying to find him. Joe say’s when they were on top of some huge-ish rollercoaster they saw someone running towards the tea cups, he and Andy are on it, they’ll call me back, and on a side note, Joe say’s Andy is turning of lovely shade a red already.” He stated. Pete had spent nearly thirty minutes on the phone trying to find the dead man that had run off. “So till then, let’s just try and make this trip worth while.” He whispered softly standing up and holding his hand out to me, or for Jack I wasn’t sure.

“I knew I should have sent him to Six Flags.” I grumbled standing up with out his help and shifting Jack onto my hip. “They’re use to dealing with him.” I hissed lowly to my self. Laughing Pete slung his arm over my shoulder tucking me into his side.

“Something tells me Brendon’s… lets go this way.” Pete muttered steering me to the left, causing me to stumble and almost fall over as we went. “Sorry, but I have an idea.” Pete muttered.

“This idea doesn’t involve hookers or explosives does it?” I asked lightly, not in the mood to really deal with anything to big or dangerous in hot weather or so early in the day.

“No… at least it shouldn’t, I haven’t had enough time to call anyone or anything to get either.” Pete mused lightly clicking his tongue. “Although, if we had fireworks Brendon would come running to them like a moth to a flame.” Rolling my eyes I shoved him away from me and picked Jack higher up on my hip as I followed Pete’s stumbling laughing form. “You know it’s true!” He gasped at me lifting his arms over his head.

“We’re not lighting Disney Land on fire for the sake of your entertainment.” I grumbled as he shrugged spinning around the corner out of view. “Who gave him sugar?” I asked looking down at Jack. At least now I don’t have to talk to myself and look crazy, I can talk to Jack and still get no response which is perfectly okay with me.

“I win!” glancing up I noticed Pete leaning back arms over his head. “I win…” He stated turning to me and pointing to someone sitting on the ground in the shade, one knee tucked up to there chest the other one tucked under them. “Am I good or what?” He asked as I crouched down in front of them.

I noticed large fish lips formed into a sad frown and large brown eyes.

“I’m sorry.” Brendon muttered softly.

“Why are you just sitting here?” I asked softly. He looked so helpless, I couldn’t be mean to him; it seemed heartless.

“Because this is where I last saw Trick. I had to go to the bathroom, so I did I figured he’d wait for me and what not, and when I came back he was gone.” He muttered helplessly while picking at the fabric on the knee of his jeans.

“Why haven’t you been answering your phone?” I asked a bit more upset about that. Everything could have been avoided if he’d answer his phone.

“I don’t have any service, I even ran around, I stood on the bench over there… nothin’” Brendon muttered holding his phone out to show me the flashing phone sign with a large X over it proving his statement. “I figured I shouldn’t run off incases Pat came back.” He muttered thoughtfully. Nodding I ruffled his hair.

“It’s fine.” I muttered standing up at Brendon touched his hair a bit confused. I think I’ve been spending too much time around Pete and Jack put together, I’m becoming nice.

Turning I noticed Pete with his phone to his ear, he mouth that he was calling Patrick. Nodding I helped Brendon up as he dusted himself off. Sighing I turned back to Pete watching as he spun facing away from me with wide eyes.

“Pete?” I asked a bit concerned by the action. Lifting a finger in the air he began to walk around nodding his head lightly. Slowly he lowered his phone not uttering a word and turned to me. “What?” I hissed at him. His face screamed guilty of something.

“Pat’s phone keeps going straight to voice mail, which means one of two things. One it’s either off… and I dought that he’s phone means as much to him as mine does to me.” I nodded that was true. If you’re able to get Pete’s or Patrick’s phones more than ten feet away from them it’s amazing and a medal is on its way. “Or… he’s out of service.” He bobbed his head licking his lips nervously as I felt my face seemingly slip to the ground. “Yeah…” He stated reaching over and pulling Brendon away from me slowly as if not to disturb me.

Closing my eyes I took in deep shaky breaths trying to calm down.

“Ell-” I opened my eyes looking at Pete covering Brendon’s mouth with a cheesy grin as Brendon struggled to get away so he could finish talking. “Leyho.” Came form Brendon’s muffled mouth.

“Dude! I’d shush if you wish to live.” Pete whispered as Brendon pulled away and turned to me taking in a large breath. Staring at them both I watched as Brendon readjusted his shirt.

“I’ve got an idea.” Brendon muttered sternly to Pete.

“Oh lordy.” I whispered to my self as Pete slapped both his hands over his face with a groan.

“We were planning on going to Splash Mountain because the ride rocks, so maybe he’s still over there!” Brendon muttered at Pete watched me. “I promise I won’t run away either.” He added as I debated it.

“He’s got a point…” I mused softly as Pete’s mouth dropped opened. “But, when we find Pat you and him are in for it.” I hissed. Nodding Brendon gave me a salute. Turning I waved a hand for them to lead the way. Doing as told both Brendon and Pete walked ahead of me leading the way.

“You’re not going to kill me are you?” Brendon asked after several minutes of silence. I shrugged lightly watching as he nibbled on his thick bottom lip nervously. “If you so decide to kill me does that mean you’re going to kill Pat as well?” He asked walking backwards to face me.

“I deliver equal and fair justice.” I muttered Pete spun. “Unless you’re Pete.” I stated getting a glare from the older man.

“Why are you meaner to Pete, if I may ask?” Brendon muttered.

“Because I deal with him nearly twenty-four seven and he’s worse than the four-year-old on my hip.” I snapped a bit annoyed that a perfectly fun day had turned into a scavenger hunt for people, I’d much rather leave locked in the park for ever and possibly never see again at the moment.

“I’m not that bad!” Pete gasped as Brendon smiled at him, ready to laugh. “When am I ever that bad?” he asked as I stared at him blankly. “I can’t answer this one so don’t give me that look!” He gasped pointing at me as we reached the area near Splash Mountain.

Pete and I came to a full halt as Brendon walked a few feet closer looking around carefully for his park buddy.

“I seriously can’t answer this one!” Pete gasped throwing his arms up. Lifting a brown he sighed as Brendon stopped to watch us fight. “So I come home drunk more than half the night, I like to have fun with women,” He stated rolling his eyes thinking. “That’s all I can think… okay so…” He paused pointing at me. “I don’t think half the time before I act.” Brendon tipped his head to the side staring at the back of Pete’s head confused.

“I thought you couldn’t answer that one…?” Brendon muttered softly. Spinning Pete glared at the confused, helpless singer.

“He’s not done yet either.” I muttered having Pete spin back to me with wide eyes mouth dropped open. “You know there’s more.” I stated

“Elaborate.” Pete shot crossing his arms over his chest tightly refusing to answer the question.

Licking my lips I raised my brows at him. Sighing he threw his arms down, tipping his head back annoyed.

“Fine, I’ll deal with my own financial business on time, I’ll deal with my own stalkers, I’ll stop bringing random strangers home, I’m actually listen to you when you talk, I’ll stop drinking so often at night or at parties, I wont wait for you to show up before I leave the place, I can get to meetings and appointments on my own, I do know how to use a phone and a credit card… umm…” He trailed off as I watched Brendon’s face just behind Pete’s shoulder contort to hold back laughter.

“Oh my…” There was a shush I watched Patrick stop arms wrapped around Brendon’s shoulders as he watched Brendon simply point at the two of us.

“I’ll start doing my own laundry and dishes,” Pete muttered softly still thinking. There were several other things, now I was just wondering how long he could go for. “I won’t blame you for everything not everything is your fault.” He gasped as Pat placed a hand over his face knowing what I was doing. “Umm…is that it?” Tipping my head to the side he crossed his arms over his chest brows narrowing as he thought. “I’ll remember to put on my damn shoes in the mornings; I’ll pick out my own cloths to wear…” He trailed off mouthing: and I can dress my self after I pick the cloths out. Smiling at him he scratched his head chewing on his bottom lip. “I’ll start cleaning both places or I’ll hire a maid to do it, it’s not your job… um… am I…Oh!” He pointed at me smiling nodding his head. “I can run my own life.”

“You shouldn’t lie.” I stated lightly to the last one. Rolling his eyes he stuffed his hands into his pockets. “There’s one more thing…” I muttered Pete’s eyes narrowed as he cast his gaze to the ground thinking.

“One more thing…” He whispered to himself. “What have I said so far?” He asked lightly looking up at me. Rolling my eyes he sighed. “I’m sorry.” He whispered.

“How about take care of your own dog?” I asked he paused. “I know for a fact you haven’t seen Hemmingway in over two weeks, and that’s just because you go out partying.” He bobbed his head a bit slowly clicking his tongue. “Now move.” I muttered tipping his head to the side he stepped aside as I waved my hand at him. Brendon was doubled over in silent laughter as Pat crossed his arms tightly over his chest nodding his head.

“That one lasted longer.” Pat mused. “I think he listed twice as many things.” Clapping Pete smiled at me proudly.

“Whoo.” I muttered dully twisting a finger. “You…” I pointed at Pat. “I’m going to hurt you.” I stated I heard snickering from just behind me where Pete stood. “Don’t laugh Peter or you’ll be next.” Warned instantly he stopped laughing as Brendon stood up holding back his laughter. “Do you know where we found Brendon Boyd Urie at?” I asked to Pat as Jack squirmed on my hip to be put down. Setting Jack down he looked at Brendon.

“Vegas?” He asked trying to be funny.

“Don’t be a smartass.” I hissed at him placing my hands on my hips. Nodding he muttered a soft sorry as he hung his head.

“Jack come here.” I heard Pete muttered. “Let’s cover your ears so you don’t learn any bad words.” Turning I glanced at Pete and Jack several feet back from me, both sitting on the ground Pete with his hands over Jack’s small ears as Jack sipped from his cup with large, wondering green eyes.

“No, we found him in the spot you two were last at, do you know why?” I asked Brendon shot his hand in the air. “Put your hand down,” I muttered pointing at him. “You’re next.” Lowering his hands he nodded. Turning my attention back to Patrick he shook his head. I don’t think I’ve ever had to scold Patrick on anything before. “Because he had to go to the bathroom, and you happened to be near one.” Pat’s head snapped to Brendon with wide eyes.

“Sorry I had to piss.” Brendon whispered to him as Pat stared at him amazed.

“And you couldn’t tell me!” Pat yelled throwing his arms up. “You just had to run away and not come back?!” He questioned still yelling. Turning I looked at Pete bobbing his head.

“You just had to do it, didn’t you?” He whispered lowering his hands to Jack’s shoulders. Shrugging I looked back at Brendon mouth dropped open.

“I was gone for a minute and when I came back you were fucking gone!” Turning I glanced at Pete with his hands over Jack’s hears. Smiling at him he smiled back at me. “Long fucking gone!” He gasped.

“I thought you ran ahead to the ride!” Pat yelled in defense.

“I like living!” Brendon yelled back.

“What does that have to do with this?” Pat yelled confused.

“I figured stay with you at all times, live run away Ella finds out and I’m fucking dead.” Brendon yelled throwing his arms up wildly as he gasp out of breath. “That’s what I fucking meant! You couldn’t look around and wait five minutes? I mean dear Jesus I ran away and run right back all the time! It’s called A.D.D and I’m the A.D.D child… or so I’ve been told!” Pat looked at me.

“I’ve never told him that.” I stated Pat looked at Brendon again then at me.

“That’s what Ryan tells me all the time because I have a hard time focusing.” I nodded understanding.

“But you couldn’t tell me where you were going?!” Pat yelled again throwing his hands up.

“We agreed on Splash Mountain, you looked at the Map while I looked around. I noticed the bathroom and said ‘hold on, I’ll be right back’ and ran to the bathroom. I came out, you were gone.” Brendon stated in a rather calm voice.

“I didn’t hear you! And you couldn’t even answer your phone! If you’d answered your phone we wouldn’t be in trouble!” He yelled.

“Touché.” Pete muttered from behind me. Turning to him I stared at him with raised brows. “Sorry, not my fight.” He whispered looking down as he hugged Jack into his chest as if Jack were a teddy bear to make him feel better. Jack hugged back with a small smile on his lips.

“I don’t have service! And… and!” Brendon muttered wagging a finger in his face as I watched them. “When Pete called you for me… well…” He paused rolling his hands. “Ella really, but anyway back to the point.” Grabbing the bridge of my nose I sighed deeply trying to think of something to do to stop this. Sure, I’d pitted them against each other, but it gets annoying after a while. “You didn’t answer when Pete called to tell you that they’d found me sitting where we had been… do you hear that… had been.” Brendon muttered slowly for Patrick. I watched Patrick glare at him with narrowed brows.

“You know what?” They began yelled at each other, their words mixing in the air in a loud jumble.

“ENOUGH!” I yelled my muscles ridged. Both froze and turned to me. “Follow me.” I hissed walking off. I could hear them scramble to keep up with my fast pace. I walked to the front of the park where the security was. Waving they waved back. “Your going to watch them.” I muttered pointing at Pat and Brendon. “For two hours.” I stated they looked at each other. “They are not to talk to each other, they’re not to touch each other, they can’t even sit next to anyone. Okay?” I asked the security guards. “I’ll be back in two hours to get them.”

“And how old are they?” One security guard asked laughing softly.

“twenty-one and twenty-four I believe.” I stated turning back to them. “You two.” I muttered pointing at Pat and Brendon. Nodding I pointed at the small building. “Inside, you want to act like children you’ll be treated like children. You two are sitting in time out with the nice security guards for two hours.” Nodding they walked into the building as one guy held the door open. “If you need anything for me, here is my number.” I muttered writing it down. Nodding they looked back at the two sitting several chairs apart from each other with there heads hung like little kids. Turning I walked past Pete. “I hate the fact that you hired me some days.” I muttered to Pete as he nodded slowly as I glanced at my clock it was nine-thirty. “Dear god it’s too early for the crap.” I whispered waving a hand at Pete to lead the way.

Pete hesitated for a moment not sure what to do, his eyes darting to the park then back to the security building.

“Do you want to have fun for two hours or stand her and wait for them for two hours?” I asked instantly he turned heading into the park. “That’s what I thought.” I whispered following him towards what I guess was it’s a small world as I called Joe to let him know what was going on.
♠ ♠ ♠
comment please and thank you.
I'll try and update either again today or tomorrow but,
I'm going to be gone after wensday for a couple of days.
Sorry my wonderful readers and commenters.
But I'll update when I get back.
I promise.
Leave me lots of love please.
<3