The Tick Tock of the Clock

I've learned that...

I can tell you this much as the next two hours passed: no one enjoyed the annoyingly and overly cheery ‘It’s a small world after all’ ride, Jack even gave Pete and I a look at that screamed ‘you’ve gotta be fucking kidding, I’m four not retarded.’ the whole way through the ride not even watching where we were going and when we got off the ride refused to let Pete or I touch him for a whole ten minutes; annoyed we’d tried to cause his ears to bleed. I blamed Pete for the suggestion. To make up for it though Pete sunk to a new low and bought him an ice cream cone just so he could carry Jack around; the pushover. After our ice cream break we rode the train that circles the whole park, we all seemed to enjoy that one. It was calm and smooth; we got to see the whole park. Jack and Pete were both amazed at how many characters they saw and I could clearly see Pete planning the rest of his day as we went around. We saw Andy and Joe rushing to the nearest rollercoaster. I can honestly say: Andy is an idiot. I don’t think he’s put on sunscreen yet because his fair skin is turning a brilliant red already. I had to remind him and he just shrugged and ran away with Joe. We, and by we I mean Pete and Jack, went on this ride where you sit in the seat and it spins whizzing you through the air at a steady pace. I sat on the side lines for a good twenty minutes while they went on it several times entertaining them selves. As of now were heading towards the Tea Cups because Pete through a fit and got Jack to almost cry to go along with his ploy.

I swear to god, one day I’m going to kill Peter Lewis Kingston the third and I will have no problem admitting I did it and laying out a million reasons as to why. Today will hold countless reasons why, I can feel it.

I watched as Pete spun the wheel quickly, his brows and lips forming a hard line as he concentrated on it. Jack giggled and clapped from next to him as I watched with a blank expression and my arms crossed over my chest. I’m not a big theme park fan, they bore me and hold no purpose in my eyes other than to entertain the people around me while I have a relaxing time… or should have a relaxing time.

“Come on Ella, help me spin!” Pete laughed his lips forming that perfect smile of his as he looked up at me with sparkling brown eyes. Raising a brow at him he laughed. “Come on you’re suppose to be having fun!” He gasped at me reaching across for a second still spinning. Shaking my head I pulled my phone out looking at it, we had all of ten minutes to get across the park to the security office to pick up Brendon and Patrick. “Ella!” He gasped as Jack clapped a bit bouncing in his seat.

“Can we hurry this up?” I asked lightly. Stopping Pete let the wheel go, brows narrowed. “I’ll have fun after we get your friends.” I muttered closing my eyes as my stomach fluttered a bit. I’m not good with spinning rides. I should have gone on the stupid spinning chairs ones so I could opt out of the tea cups. Placing a hand over my mouth I let out a deep breath.

“You okay?” Pete laughed as the cup began to slowly slow down. Nodding slowly I opened my eyes I focused solely on Pete’s head and not the blurs behind it. “You’re sure?” He asked, I nodded slowly as he moved his head. Instantly I caught a glimpse of whatever was behind him and dropped my gaze to my lap feeling my self spin more. “You’re not okay.” Pete’s harsh voice broke through the air rushing past my ear drums. “Stop the ride! Hey….crap…” He muttered. “Stop the ride!” He called again the ride began to stop slowly. Arms circled around my body lifting me up, everything was still spinning. I could feel a tug on my shirt sleeve and a worried whine. “Jack, don’t, not right now. She’ll be fine I promise.” Pete’s worried words came out. “Ella, open your eyes, Ella, open your eyes for me.” Shaking my head I left my hand over my mouth. “If you don’t open your eyes to see your on solid ground you might just revisit breakfast.” He snapped. Taking deep breaths I slowly opened my eyes looking down at the pale cement under my colored and tattered covers, the toes of them almost touching the toes of Pete’s clean white Nikes. “Why didn’t you say something?” Pete asked as I looked up at him. “Oh my god…” He snorted. “You’re soo pale.” He whispered to me snorting back laughter. My eyes darted to Jack’s worried face as his small hand stretched out to me.

Reaching out I patted his arm as he patted my cheeks lightly.

“I’m fine.” I whispered to him, my voice horse. “Let’s go get Brendon and Pat.” I stated turning walking away slowly, wobbling a bit. I paused as an arm slipped around my waist holding me up.

“Take it slow.” Pete whispered leading me along to the front of the park. By the time we got there I could walk on my own as Pete carried Jack on his shoulders again.

Walking up to Security station I smiled at the two guards as they pointed at Brendon and Pat. Pat had one leg crossed over the other as he leaned on it at the ground with pursed lips. Brendon sat with his legs spread a bit, arms draped between them, his head tipped back against the wall, mouth hung open as he watched the ceiling. Both bored out of there minds.

“Have they been good?” I asked both of their heads snapped up to me with wide hopeful eyes.

“They haven’t really moved other than to shift, and they haven’t uttered a sound. I’ve only heard like… six signs.” One guard muttered lightly. Nodding I waved them out. Standing up they both rushed out standing in front of me like good little boys.

“Now…” I muttered. my stomach still a little queasy. “Have you learned your lesson?” I asked they both nodded, Brendon feverishly, Pat slowly. “And what have you learned?” I asked placing my hands on my hips. “We’ll start with Brendon…” I muttered turning to him.

“I’ve learned I should let people know where I’m going before I run away if I run away, which I’ve also learned isn’t the best idea. Also,” He muttered taking in a deep breath as his words tried to run together. “I’ve learned that I should also stay near someone at all times in a large theme park because who knows when the bars on your phone might just up and leave, leaving you stranded.” Brendon finished, nodding. I hadn’t been expecting such a good answer out of him that’s why I let him go first so Pat could save his ass. But, by the looks of things Brendon didn’t need saving.

“Alright,” I muttered turning my attention to Pat. “What have you learned Mr. Stump?” I asked. Taking in a deep breath Pat nodded and folded his hands in front of him.

“I’ve learned that taking care of Brendon Urie isn’t such a hard task as I once thought, he is a grown man, but I also learned that when being partnered with him I should give him a bit more leeway than I had previously given him and not to instantly freak out that he ran away. I also learned that he understands that staying in the same spot or the last spot he was known to be in is a good thing. I didn’t know he knew or understood this before. No offense Brendon.” He muttered looking at Brendon who shook his head waving a hand, completely understanding where Pat was coming from. “Another thing I learned that in large parks such as this, they do have security,” He waved a hand at the two watching us intently. “That could have helped me before I turned around and freaked out and not only annoying you…” He paused, brows narrowing as if those weren’t the words he wanted to use. “Or worrying you that I’d gotten separated from Brendon and wasn’t sure where to find him.” He muttered nodding his head and clicking his tongue.

“You rehearsed that in your head didn’t you?” I asked licking my lips a bit annoyed. He nodded a bit with Brendon. “Well… do you truly understand what you both just said or are you just trying to bluff me?” I asked crossing my arms over my chest as I watched.

“Dude, I totally understand it!” Brendon gasped. “I don’t wanna get lost again. That was scary stuff man.” I nodded looking at Pat who nodded.

“I nearly had a heart attack when I could find him so I really don’t wanna go through with that again.” Pat muttered.

“Alright.” I stated and waved my hands. “Be free, I don’t wanna get a call from you two again. Got it?” I asked they nodded smiling at each other. “Now, go, go away.” I stated high fiving they turned around walking off. I watched at Brendon stopped.

“What time do we have to be there?” He asked pointing at the castle. “Just so we know?” he asked lightly. He was being responsible.

“We’re meeting at twelve-thirty.” Pat muttered grabbing Brendon’s arm as he nodded understanding.

Turning I faced Pete and Jack. Waving an arm Pete giggled as they led the way through the large amusement park.

Twelve-thirty rolled around and everyone stood on the bridge in front of the large castle. Sighing I clapped my hands. Today as been a long day already and it’s not even close to being over.

“Okay….” I muttered. “We’re going to go to the picnic area now so we can all eat lunch, and Andy.” I sighed looking at the red skinned man. “I’m not helping you with the aloe lotion later this is your own fault. I don’t care if you can’t move your arms.” I stated nodding. Slowly I turned around walking towards the picnic area.

Pushing through the gate the guys clustered together in the grass under a large tree. Sitting with them I pulled out Jack’s lunch laying it out on a small blanket Joe had been so kind to bring for us to all sit on and around. Jack crawled up in my lap as he held his half a sandwich in his hands.

“So what are we doing after this?” Joe asked lightly as I looked at the group around me. Everyone eating there meals like good little boys.

“Same thing, as before.” I stated lightly biting into an apple I’d packed for myself. “We’re out of here by five though. So front gates, five-o-clock.” I stated. Nodding they all went about eating there lunches while talking out their days so far.

“You… you…” Joe and Andy fell over in fits of laughter as Brendon and Pat’s face fell into scowls. “I thought Pete was joking when he said you two were in time out. Oh dear lord.” Andy gasped running his hands across his red cheeks. Glancing at Pete’s chuckling form he stuffed part of his sandwich into his mouth as both Pat and Brendon looked at to him to see if he was laughing as well.

“Of you want I can put you two in time out too.” I stated the laughter stopped instantly.

“For what?” They both gasped.

“I don’t know, I’ll come up with something.” I smiled at them. Sighing I leaned forward putting my apple in my mouth. Quickly I re-tied Jack’s shoe for him before removing my apple from my mouth and adjusting his shirt a bit.

“Stop fussing over him.” Pete muttered as the other talked animatedly.

“Shut it.” I muttered to him as I took another bite form my apple.

“You told me not to this morning.” Pete added lightly as he sat next to me.

“I told you not to mess with his hair, but his cloths are kinda sticky.” I growled the last part glaring at him. Whistling he looked away. “You’re such a pushover.” I stated referring to the ice cream incident.

“I wanted to hold him.” He muttered lightly sticking his tongue out at me. Rolling my eyes I stopped fussing over Jack and the fact that he was sticky and was going to be all day long unless he magically got a new shirt or a bath. Which neither were going to happen as this point in time.

“Pushover.” I stated again.

“I’m not a pushover!” He gasped. Looking up I pushed him over. “Not the same!” He gasped as I watched him. Rolling my eyes I went back to my lunch listening to the guys talk, I didn’t have much to say to them, or much to say on the topics floating around.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm back!
Yeah!
So comment, and thanks for reading!