The Tick Tock of the Clock

You were saying?

Pete wandered around the ball greeting people, Jack on his hip as he went. He laughed and introduced Jack to people as he went. He laughed with Gabe most the night though.

“I know it’s weird… hold on.” Pete muttered moving away from Gabe. “Ryan!” He called lifting his free hand in the air towards the tall skinny boy. Laughing the boy wandered over.

“When did you start reproducing?” Ryan Ross laughed as he patted Pete on the shoulder, his eyes cast down on Jack.

“This is Jack, he’s Ella’s.”

“You got Ella pregnant? When did this happen?” Ryan gasped. People stopped to turn to them. “I mean I knew you two would happen, but wow…” Ryan whispered pushing his shaggy brown hair out of his face. Pete frowned.

“I didn’t get her preggers and we’re not happening, ever.” Pete hissed lightly shifting Jack on his hip. “There is a long sad story that ties Jack to Ella, she’s his aunt but her sister is an angle.” Pete stated the second he noticed Jack wasn’t paying attention. Jack’s attention was on Uncle Butcher and Uncle Sisky messing with the large The Academy Is… ice sculpture.

“Oh.” Ryan stated softly.

“Jack.” Jack looked up a bit startled at Pete’s voice. “This is Uncle Ryan.” Jack blinked confused. He had way to many Uncles to keep track of, he had a better chance of counting to a goggle on one breath than naming all his uncles. “Hey,” Pete stated noticing Sisky and Butcher. “Go kick Uncle Butcher and Uncle Sisky in the shins for me.” Pete stated setting Jack down and pushing him on. Jack took off through the crowd on mostly uncles, aunts and other people Pete had introduced him into. “And Ella and I are never getting together. We’re not like that. We’re friends and nothing more.” Pete stated staring up at Ryan’s blank face.

“Turn around and look.” Pete spun on his heels and froze as Hayley, Crystal and Ella walking in through the doors. Pete froze, his mouth dropping open and the sight. Ella was in a slimming black dress and a pair of actual heels. On the top of her eye lids and thick black line making her hazel eyes stand out more. Her hair done up perfectly.

“Oh wow.” Pete whispered with out thinking.

“You were saying?” Ryan teased. Spinning around Pete glared at Ryan.

“Bite me.” Pete snapped heading over to Sisky and Butcher who were now trying to set Jack atop the ice sculpture. “Are you trying to destroy your statue?” Pete teased.

“Gabe and Nate are trying to destroy theirs and so is Zac and Jeremy… oh and Alex and Cash may be the firs to do it.” Sisky stated pointing. Pete looked at the Cobra Starship ice sculpture to find Gabe and Nate chipping at the bottom. Turning he glanced at the Paramore one. Zac was poking the P and Jeremy was leaning against it as if it was a wall and Alex and Cash of The Cab were sitting on top of The Cab ice sculpture.

“What’s wrong with you people?!” Pete laughed. “Cash, Singer, Down now.” Pete yelled. Alex Singer lifted his arms to flip him off and tumbled off the T. Cash pointed as he snorted with laughter while balancing on the B.

“Your pants are going to be wet for the rest of the night!” Pete yelled. Cash shrugged.

“What do I care, I’m trying to melt it.” He called back.

“So you’re going to sit up there all night long?” Pete turned looking at Ella still standing on the stairs, her hands on her hips as she glared at him. Cash nodded. “Fine, no one give him drinks. He should endure a cold ass all night long with no refreshments.”

“Damn you.” Cash huffed. “I can win this.” He stated crossing his arms over his chest.

“Yeah you keep thinking that, while your ass freezes. I’ve got someone else’s ass to kick.” Ella sighed turning to looked at Pete, Sisky and Butcher.

“Yours.” Butcher stated giving Pete Jack and taking off with Sisky in a hurry.

“Thanks.” Pete grumbled lightly setting Jack down on the ground and adjusting his tie to be a little looser. “You okay?” Jack nodded a wide smile on his face, he enjoyed Uncle Butcher and Uncle Sisky’s company, they were fun. “you were meant to kick them in the shins and run back to me. That was the plan.” Jack shrugged.

“See you corrupted him.” Pete sighed and stood up facing Ella.

“Yeah well, at least I can say I’ve done one thing well in my life.” Pete stated with a shrug and a smile as Jack clung to his leg. “You look really pretty.” He added softly patting her on the head as he picked Jack up. “Now… RUN AWAY!” He yelled taking off as Ella frowned at the spot Pete had been standing in, her cheeks a soft flushed red color.