The Tick Tock of the Clock

What am I, your servant?

Groaning I opened my eyes as my head pounding. An arm lay draped over my hips as I lay on Pete’s couch. Shifting I looked over my shoulder at Pete laying behind me. Removing his arms I sat up and looked at his bare chest.

“Oh shit.” I whispered looking at him. He still had his pants on. “Thank god.” I breathed, pressing my hand to my collar bone. I froze feeling the skin. Looking down I noticed that the top of my dress was barely above my breast.

Standing up I quickly moved to the kitchen to grab some coffee and Advil for my pounding hang-over.

I stared at the pot of coffee as it bubbled and brewed the delicious nectar my body craved. My eyes dropped to the glowing green clock at the bottom. It was around eleven am. Sighing I turned around grabbing the phone off the other counter and called Mrs. Wentz to check on Jack.

Hello?” Mrs. Wentz answered.

“Good morning Mrs. Wentz.” I mumbled into the phone.

Oh are you coming to get Jack already?” She asked sadly. I laughed softly.

“No, No. I still have to get your son out of bed, in the shower, dressed and fed before I can do that. And you should know how much of a task that is.” She laughed agreeing with me. “But I just wanted to check on how he’s doing.” I stated lightly as I went back to staring at the coffee pot in attempt to make it brew faster.

He’s doing fine. He gets up rather early though. I was a bit surprised when I walked into Pete’s old room and there he was sitting on his bed playing with his stuffed animal, and that was around seven am.” I hummed in response. I really didn’t know how to tell her he’d probably been up since six. He got up an hour after I usually did and I got up around five to be at Pete’s by six-thirty.

“Well,” I paused hearing a shift in the living room. “That’s good but I gotta go kick your son’s lazy ass outta bed.” I sighed into the phone receiver.

Might as well get the practice in and good at it now and not have to worry about it later on in life.” I blinked a bit startled by her words as she hung up on me. Pulling the phone from my ear I looked at it a bit confused.

“I’m not marrying your son.” I huffed at the phone before setting it back on the counter. “Peewee.” I sighed as I moved to the kitchen door. Glaring at his back I frowned, he’d simply rolled over. “Peewee, get outta bed, it’s almost noon.” I muttered softly. He groaned in response. “Pete.” I barked a little louder. My head throbbed painfully as he mumbled something at me.

Turning I went back into the kitchen and taking some Advil.

“Pete.” I whispered walking up behind him and leaning over him as I poked at his sides. “Get up.” I whispered still poking at his sides like I did with Jack. “Come on.” I stated. “I’ve got Advil.” I tried. He shifted looking up at me. I blinked at the smudged lipstick on his lips, instantly my lips curled in. Something in my gut told me my lip stick was smudged because of him.

“I don’t have anything to do for the next four days.” He sighed. “Leave me be women.” He grumbled rolling over. Rolling my eyes I set the Advil on the table and went to the bathroom.

My reflection showed signs of what I’d feared. I’d pulled my top up when I got off the couch so that was good, but my lipstick was smudged like no tomorrow and my hair was a mess. Washing my lipstick off and brushing through my hair I made myself look some what decent for being hung over.

“Pete up…” I trailed off noticing he was gone. “What the fuck?” I whispered

“Don’t swear.” My head snapped to the kitchen where he stood drinking, what looked to be, coffee. I frowned. He was drinking my coffee. “You should slap yourself in the back of the head like you do me for swearing.”

“That’s only when Jack’s around.” I stated simply. He nodded with a soft ‘oh’ in response.

“Anyway, where’s my breakfast?” He barked a bit annoyed he was up and had nothing to eat.

“What am I, your servant?” I gasped.

“Assistant…Servant… It’s a very thin line.” He teased a smirk spreading its way across his sticking features. I popped my hip out at him as I glared. “Oh come on, you know I can’t cook.” He whined childishly with a stomp of one foot.

“I know you can’t. I think since you have four days off you should take a couple cooking class, or stock up on cereal.” I stated as I moved closer to him. I froze as something dug its way into my right foot painfully. “Ow.” I whispered as I stumbled slightly.

“What?” Pete asked standing up right. “Ella?” He asked as I hobbled to the couch and sat down, my right foot raised as the whole bottom throbbed painfully. “Ella you okay?” He asked quickly.

Lifting my foot I looked at the green glass digging its way into the soft flesh of my foot while blood began to seep out of a few of the deeper wounds.

“Get the tweezers.” I stated. Pete nodded rushing to the bathroom. “Be careful though, there’s glass.” I stated. He stopped.

“I’ve got shoes on for some… odd reason.” He stated as he reached the bathroom and began digging through the cabinets. “So… whoa, who’s I make-out with?” Pete asked touching at his face as he caught his reflection.

“I don’t know now just bring me the damn tweezers and a fucking towel, you ADD bastard.” I snapped bitterly. I really didn’t want him knowing that We’d made out while both being completely and utterly drunk last night.

“No one was here?” He asked as he made his way back over. I shook my head.

“I woke up and you were on the couch and I for some odd reason was in your bed.” I stated. “No one else was here.” I huffed snatching the tweezers from his hands roughly. “and I blame you for the beer bottle.” He laughed as he crouched in front of me as I pulled a few piece of glass out.

“You always have hated sleeping on the floor or a couch if you could have a bed instead.” Pete snickered. “Holy shit.” He gasped seeing the blood oozing from the deeper cuts more rapidly.

“Touch my foot and I’ll break your hand.” I snapped as he moved to press the towel against my foot as I kept pulling shards of glass from my foot.

“But you’re bleeding like fucking Niagara falls Ella.” He snapped glaring at me. I shrugged.

“If you press on my foot right now, the glass still in my foot will go in deeper.” He took in a deep breath and waited as I kept pulling pieces of glass out. “Towel.” I stated. He wrapped it around my foot pressing on it from either side. Closing my eyes I pressed my hands over his as my foot throbbed painfully.

“You okay?” He asked. I nodded slowly as my head seemed to float on my shoulders. I was a bit light headed. “Ella?” He asked softly pulling one hand out from under mine.

Opening my eyes as he placed his hand on my cheek I stared at him blankly. I could see him swallow.

“You okay?” He whispered to me. I nodded lightly.

“My head just hurts but I think that’s just the hang-over talking smack.” I teased lightly as I smiled at him. He didn’t smile back like I’d been hoping he would, he simply nodded slowly. “I’m serious.” I stated he sighed.

“You’re a horrible liar.” My brows narrowed. “I can see it in your eyes.” He whispered. “You don’t feel good do you?” He asked me.

“No shit, I have a hang-over.” He glared at me.

“Seriously Ella, tell me the truth.” He barked.

“Fine.” I sighed looking away. “I’m a bit light headed but it’s not that bad.” I whispered. He sighed as he stood up. I watched as he pulled his shirt on and walked to the stairs, vanishing up them. Shaking my head I sighed as I wrapped the towel around my foot tighter and held it.

“Here.” I froze as something slid over my shoulders. Looking up at Pete I frowned at the heavy jacket over my shoulders. Slowly my eyes moved to Pete fully dressed with a jacket on as well.

“Peewee…” I muttered a bit confused as he grabbed my black bag and slug it onto his shoulder. “Why are you being completely flamboyant?” I asked confused.

“I’m not.” He stated walking over to me. “I just have no clue were you’re ID is in this thing.”

“Why do we need…PETE!” I yelled as he scoped me up off the couch. “Pete, put me down now.” I huffed pointing a finger in his face.

“No.” He stated leaving his apartment and locking the door. “You’re going to the hospital.” He stated as he pressed the elevator button.

“I’m fine.” I growled at him.

“You stepped on glass, first off that’s bad, secondly you’re light headed which makes that worse.” He stated walking into the elevator as the door swished open. “You’re going.”

“No I’m not.” I hissed at him.

“Yes you are because I say so.” He growled down at me. We glared at each other. “I already called Tom too.” He added as I crossed my arms over his chest. “So bite me.”

“I think I will.” I hissed leaning over and biting his neck.

“Ow!” He yelled as I pulled away. “Totally uncalled for!” He barked as he rolled his shoulder. Huffing I looked away from him.