The Tick Tock of the Clock

because you're rad?

I sighed looking up at Pete as he stood in front of me, hands on my shoulders lightly. The doctor had already seen me and taken care of my foot, and now we where waiting for the nurse to tell us we could go.

My fingers pulled at Pete’s shirt lightly, the button was coming out of the whole. He smiled down at me and rubbed my shoulders lightly. Slowly I lifted my finger to the silver, empty chain around his neck.

“Why’d you put your grandfather’s ring on your finger?” I asked slowly looking up at him. “And when’d you find the time to do it with out me noticing?” He laughed softly.

“Because if I didn’t you’d be back here all by yourself, and up in my loft getting dressed quickly.” He stated, with a proud smile. I nodded slowly and rested my head against his chest. “What’d you think Jessica’s going to do to that reporter?” He sighed lightly. I shrugged in response.

“I don’t know but I’m sick of her showing up where ever we are, the airport, at our hotels, I bet she was Alice at Disney land.” I hissed. Pete laughed.

“I doubt that.” Pete laughed. “I really doubt she was Alice.”

“She followed us around at that fair thing all day long.” I gasped up at him. Pete shrugged.

“That was after everything.” I rolled my eyes at him. “Fine she might have been, happy?” I nodded slowly. “But if she had don’t you think Alice would have followed us around?” He asked softly. “Or come up with better pictures than just us going in the park and coming out.” I shrugged lightly. “And you haven’t answered my question.”

“I don’t know the answer to your question, you’ll have to ask Jessica herself.” I stated he nodded with a soft sigh. “Can you go out in the hall and call your mom and check on Jack. I should’ve picked him up by now.” I whispered. Pete snorted.

“I bet he doesn’t wanna go yet. It’s lunch time, my mom makes bomb as lunches. What four year-old would want to walk away from my mom’s lunches?” I shrugged. “Fine.” He added heading out of the small room. I smiled at his back.

“Thanks.” I stated. He’d be a good dad or husband one day when he actually decided to be a dad. Hate to be the kid though, with the name Pete would name the poor kid. The kid would probably come out Skellington or Wapa-pow.

Shaking my head I suppressed the laugh buried in my chest at the thought of the names Pete would come up with. I let out a deep breath to control my laughter as I swung my legs lightly as they hung off the edge of the table.

“Okay.” Pete stated. He stopped as a woman pushed in past him. She smiled up at him and fluttered lashes. Rolling my eyes I tipped my head to the side waiting. I didn’t need him to be hit on with me in the same room. She turned to me and forced a smile, I could see the glare she was fighting. “Ladies and nurses first.” Pete snorted. She nodded at him.

“We’re giving you pain medicine for it,” She stated holing out two pieces of paper. “And an infection fighting medication as well.” She stated, she had such a sweet voice for the hard, cold angry look she was giving me. My eyes dropped to the pain medication.

“You’re giving me the prince?” I gasped a bit startled by the bold words printed a crossed the small piece of paper. “Isn’t that a bit extreme?” I gasped. I hadn’t broken my foot. She sighed.

“Doctors orders.” She sighed. “And once you’ve signed these.” She passed me a clip board filled with release forms. “You can go.” She stated. I took the pen from her and began signing them in the right places. I’d done this enough times for Pete I knew where to sign and where not to. I passed them back and she smiled at me. “Now stay off it for atleast two days.” She muttered leaving.

“I don’t need the Prince.” I stated up at Pete as he walked over picking me up. I huffed again at the motion, but let him carry me out of the hospital to the car. “I hope she knows I’m not staying off it.” I stated at him as I buckled myself in. He sighed, leaning in the passenger door.

“Yes you are.” He huffed at me. I glared at him.

“Make me.” I snapped.

“I will.” He chirped before closing the door and walking around to the driver side and getting in. Rolling my eyes I crossed my arms and waited for him to back out. “And P.S.” Pete stated leaning towards me. “I totally will make you.” He added before backing out and speeding down the road. Shaking my head I looked out the window.

“Where are we going?” I asked lightly.

“My parent’s for dinner!” He giggled, a wide smile plastered over his lips. “And Jack is fine, my mom’s been keeping him company. They’ve been watching chick flicks according my brother.” He sighed.

“So she’s begun scaring him already.” I mused. He hummed with a nod. Laughing I let out a deep breath trying to ignore him and the thoughts running through my head.

“Yup. He’ll either come out gay or as weird as me.”

“She didn’t scar your brother did she?” Pete shook his head.

“Nope, my dad managed to save him once he realized what mom was doing to me.” He sighed. “Why’d I have to be the older child?” He whined at me.

“Because fate and destiny hate you.” He frowned in my general direction. “Or you’re completely rad and that’s what?” I asked he smiled at me and nodded.

“I bet your right!” He stated slapping the steering wheel. I pointed ahead of us.

“Just focus on the road please.” I stated lightly.