The Tick Tock of the Clock

cat's out the bag?

“We can’t leave him with people.” I sighed up at Pete while folding my cloths. Pete shifted as he leaned in the doorway of my bedroom. “He freaks out, everyone but us as heard him talk because we’ve going out on business meetings. I mean Pat’s so suspicious he’s offering to watch him and I bet you he’ll send the Siska brother’s after us to spy on us.” I sighed lightly.

“I don’t see why we can’t tell them.” Pete muttered softly. Licking my lips I leaned against the bed lightly and smiled at him softly.

“Because Saporta has a fat mouth and would tell everyone with out meaning to, meaning the press.” Pete frowned at the idea of it getting to the press. “That and we’d get the ‘I told you so’ and ‘finally’ rants from everyone. You want to listen to that for the next… or rest of our lives if this happens to work out?” I asked softly. Laughing he shrugged his shoulders.

“Could be worth it.” He muttered softly as he wandered over to me. “Could be well worth it.” He stated softly, arms wrapping around my waist. “You know, my make up more determined to make this work.”

“You’re not determined to make this work?” I asked a bit offended.

“I’m very determined right now, later when you get annoying I’m not so sure.” He teased a smile on his face.

“When I get annoying?” I laughed at him. “What about when you get annoying?” Shrugging softly he pressed his lips to my forehead.

“Whatever, same thing.” He laughed as he tucked me into his chest. “As some good friends have once since. You’re lips keep me present.” He stated leaning down.

“Yeah?” I asked softly. “That’s the only reason why you’re here?” I hushed up at him.

“For this exact moment yes, other wise I’m be just hanging around because it’s you I’m hanging around.” He stated pressing his lips to mine lightly.

“Wow.” Instantly Pete and I pulled away, both of us looking at Andy standing with Jack in his arms.

“How’d you get in here?” Pete huffed as my hand instantly went to my forehead.

“What is going on in here? Who knew laundry could make for a romantic setting.” He teased. Letting out a deep breath I leaned against the bed, trying to ignore the red head smiling at us like a goof.

“Say a word Hurly, you’re dead.” Pete stated.

“Now I just have to tell everyone.” Andy laughed as he set Jack down. “The little guy answered the door. By the way everyone’s out in the living room.”

“Who…” I swallowed. “Who is everyone?” I asked looking at him, the color in my face must as drained by the worried and confused look he gave me and the fact that Pete was at my side in a second.

“Joe, Pat, Bilvy, Jenna, Butcher, Siska, McCoy, Saporta, Ryland, Urie, Ross, Walker, Hayley, both the Farro’s, and a few others.” He stated softly.

“Dear god.” I whispered.

“I won’t tell man.” Andy muttered softly.

“Tell what?” Pat asked walking up, looking in the room.

“Ella… umm… Ella’s not feeling to well man.” Andy muttered softly. “Look how ill she looks.” Taking deep breaths I clung to Pete, Gabe was out in the other room. He was my biggest problem with his lack of keeping secrets.

“Wow, you do look sick.” Pat mused before spinning to Andy. “What’d you see?” He hissed at him.

“Nothing man.” Andy stated quickly. Pat raised a finger at him. “By the way we have questions we want to ask you all.” Andy smiled at us. Pat nodded slowly, obviously the suspicions gone. “Oh and they were making out.” Andy stated passing Pat. Pete and I both groaned.

“You said you won’t tell!” Pete yelled as Pat stared at us with wide eyes, jaw dropped.

“Don’t tell Saporta, he can’t keep secrets.” I sighed lightly, my chest still heaving.

“I’ve just gotta say, I told you so. I so told you it would work. Didn’t I Pete? Didn’t I!” He gasped lightly. “But do you ever listening to me? No. Have you been a man sooner this could have happened sooner, much sooner. But you were a pussy and a pansy.”

“Told you if we told them this would happen.” I sighed as Pete fell to the floor, hands over his face. “This will never end with him or any of them.

“They’re what?” Rang from the front room before everyone burst into the room looking at us with wide eyes, as if it wasn’t possible.

“Are…” Hayley lifted a hand as the others opened their mouths to talk. “I’m a woman; I have a skill with delicate situations like this.” She muttered. They guys all waved their hands as she turned around to us. “Are you to fucking doing it?” She asked.

“Those ate skills only a woman could posses.” Ryan sighed as he rubbed his temple. Hayley shrugged. “But because Ella is bright red I’m going to go with no. But Are you to… dating?” he asked softly.

“Yes.” Pete stated lightly. “Now be gone since you people and this little monster.” Jack giggled and wiggled his arms around as Pete lifted the small boy in the air. “Have kept us from actual dates.” He sighed. “Little monster.” He huffed up at Jack. They all looked at each other.

“I think Jack’s afraid of the fact that he lost one mom, his real mom and you’ve always been around,” I blinked a bit confused at the wise word pouring out of Brendon Urie’s thick fish lips. “And when you go away from several hours, just randomly it scares him. Probably makes him think that you might not come back like his real mom.”

“When did you grow a brain?” Travis asked softly knocking on the back of Brendon’s head.

“Hey, Hey. I just grew it, I’d like to keep it.” He teased.

“Maybe so, but…I’ve left him with you guys randomly before, for hours and he’s never freaked out before.” I stated. They all paused.

“Way to kill my brain McCoy and I just grew it.” Brendon huffed childishly. “Killed it before it was even fully grown.” He added playfully. Laughing I looked down at Pete playing with Jack lightly, neither paying any attention.

“Sorry, maybe it’s because he doesn’t want you to go anymore, or maybe he feels threatened by Pete now?” Travis shrugged lightly at the thought. Rolling my eyes I sat down on the floor and watched Jack.

“He won’t even talk for me.” I whispered softly.

“Maybe because he’s afraid if he does you’ll go away.” I looked up at Ryan.

“Okay when did all of you guys become full of wisdom?” I asked softly.

“I’ve always been smart,” Ryan stated with a smug grin. “But when it talks for us, you come back to him. When he doesn’t talk you stay with him for the most part. Maybe he’s afraid of talking to you for once that you’ll actually go away if he does.”

“I’m not going anywhere.” I sighed.

“Yes well, he’s four. He doesn’t know any better.” Ryan stated bluntly.

“Thank you captain obvious.” Half the room coursed as I watched them.

“You have to all promise me that you won’t tell anyone about Pete and I. Especially you two.” I pointed at Gabe and Brendon. “Your fat mouths better be closed.” I stated. They both nodded and pretended to zip their lips closed. “Good.” I sighed, nervously