The Tick Tock of the Clock

not happening

Turning the page of my book I glanced up at the door to the bedroom. It was weird, waiting on Pete for something he’d been begging for all night long. Shifting against the head board I let my eyes fall back on my book reading.

“Ow...son of…” Frowning I put my book down.

“Pete...?” I asked softly getting off the bed, heading for the door.

“Stay in there.” He called softly. “Ow… son of a…” He gasped loudly.

“Tell me what you’re doing.” I stated, standing by the door. Licking my lips I waited for an answer. “Pete, tell me what you’re doing or I’m coming out there.” I stated lightly.

“Don’t! You’ll ruin the surprise.” He hissed at me. Sighing I tipped my head back, annoyed and disgusted.

“You’re not decorating yourself are you?” I asked softly.

“No, it has nothing to do with my physically. I’m making something.” My muscles locked up at the simple words.

“You’re not cooking, are you?” I gasped at him. He couldn’t cook anything other than take out. He could hardly use the microwave.

“No. It doesn’t involve food at all…” He stated. “But it’s seriously hurting my fingers.” He laughed loudly. Groaning I leaned against the wall by the door. “Please don’t come out. I swear it’s not bad.” He sighed softly.

“You’re lying aren’t you?” I asked.

“What’d you mean, lying?” He asked skeptically at the simple term. “Because if you mean not telling you what I’m doing, then… yes, but if you mean walking the conversation around the truth then no.”

“Liar. That was walking around the whole question I just asked.” I hissed at him.

“Did not” He snapped bitterly at me.

“What does it involve?” I asked softly.

“Not telling.”

“Fine, but if it take you more than five minutes you ain’t getting none.” I called, heading back to the bed and my book.

“Whatever.” He called. Stopped mid step I turned back to the door. “I’ll be there soon.” He called quickly.

“You… you don’t care?” I asked softly.

“I care but if I don’t get it tonight, I’ll get it tomorrow or whatever.” He stated softly. Laughing I shook his head.

“No… you won’t.” I stated to him as I picked up my book and sat on the bed. “And trust me, you won’t.” I added to him, knowing he was snorting at me for thinking he wasn’t going to get it.

“What makes you say that?” He called, a cocky tone and attitude behind the words.

“Pete, I’ve known you for how long…” There was silence. “I know all your games, all your angels. I know you better than any other women you could want to hook up with will ever know.” I stated, listening to the silence.

“Shit.” He gasped softly.

“So… you’re five minutes it running out.” I stated, watching the door.

“Can I have another five please?” He asked softly.

“No.” I stated.

“Damnit!” He gasped. Laughing, I smiled at my book. “I’m not done yet, and I know you’ll like it.”

“Stop being a fairy and be the whipped man you are and get in here.” I called.

“I may be whipped but I’m also decent.”

“I know I’ve seen the pictures.” Closing my book I waited for his crude response.

“Are you… no.” He stated. “Five more minutes.” He called.

“Why do you need five more minutes?” I asked.

“Because… I don’t but I need more time.” He gasped. Rolling my eyes I got up. “Don’t come…” he trailed off as I exited the room. “Don’t look.” He opened his sweater pulling it all the way open to hide what was behind him. “Please?” He asked. Frowning I leaned to the side.

“You were lying!” I gasped at him, seeing the container.

“No… not really.” Frowning I crossed my arms at him. “technically chocolate doesn’t count at food, it’s candy.” He stated

“And the strawberries?” I asked, smiling at him. Turning he looked at the obvious container of fruit. Sliding it behind him he clicked his tongue.

“You weren’t suppose to see that.” He stated clearing his throat.

“What needs more time?” I asked softly.

“I’m melting the chocolate.” He whined lightly, head and arms dropping in defeat. “I don’t wanna just do you,” He stated as my confused face. “I want it to be romantic. It’ll be our first time together. I want it to mean something other than I caught the damn dog.” He sighed looking at the small microwave.

“How’d that hurt your fingers?” I asked softly.

“The containers hot.” He gasped at me, arms flying over his head.

“Shut up and get in the bedroom.” I stated pointing at it.

“No, I’m doing this right.” He snapped at me.

“It’s the thought that counts because it doesn’t take much to melt chocolate so I’m assuming you’ve burned it.” I sighed lightly.

“Its chocolate sauce, so it takes for ever. The bottle says fifty seconds for nice, liquid chocolate, and it’s… its still solid.”

“Its chocolate sauce, that stuffs never liquid.” I laughed watching as he frowned.

“Don’t laugh at me.” He whined, staring down at the microwave. Smiling I walked up to him, grabbing his shirt collar I pulled him towards me. My lips pressed to his.

“I’m laughing,” I smiled up at him, trying to catch my breath. “at how cute and whipped you are.” Frowning he sighed deeply. “I think it’s cute, and I appreciate it, but there is no way tonight is going to be romantic with two little boys and dog sleeping in the other room. Be romantic another time.” I whispered up to him before pressing my lips to his again.

“OK.” He muttered against my lips.