The Tick Tock of the Clock

Deal

Stepping out of the elevator I looked at all the people swarming around me. Drinks in their hands as they passed the fountains of different colored water, the small cages with half naked girls dancing in them, the large tropical flowers, the frosted white glass light up floor in the center, the large plush red and purple chairs with golden trim, and the gazebo in the middle that had strings of lights branching off it into the large tropical styled trees. Under the gazebo was a large long white table with the huge layered cake stacked up like building blocks and a dancing monkey looking oddly like William Beckett on the only white frosted cake in the middle of the rest of different colored blocks of cake. Presents laid around and under the table.

Smiling I wandered over towards the cake noticing Bill Beckett, eyeing it a bit confused, in a white button up shirt and black dress pants that he some how managed to find in skinny jeans.

“Hey.” I stated his head shot up to me as he smiled. “Happy birthday!” I smiled hugging him as he bent down, hugging me. “How does it feel to be twenty-two?” I laughed as he shrugged lightly.

“I don’t know, you tell me.” Gasping I swatted at him lightly glaring for a moment. “How are you?” He asked as loud music blared around us suddenly. “Ah they got it working.” He muttered turning to the large DJ stand in the back corner.

“What’d you mean I heard the music down stairs…” I hissed at him lightly, he turned to me and laughed nervously running a hand over the back of his neck. “What did you do Beckett?” I hissed.

“Hola! This is Sisky Business.” Slapping my hand over my face I groaned.

“I didn’t like the music being played it was too… ancient sounding, I’m not that old! So, Sisky took it upon himself to change it to something better.” Bill muttered shrugging his shoulders lightly as we watched Sisky play with the many knobs; James standing over him with Carden trying to direct the music. “It’s no big deal.” He whispered. I groaned crossing my arms over my chest, glaring at the booth while shifting my weight.

“Not ‘till they break it.” I snapped bitterly. “Then I’m stuck dealing with the pissed off DJ and paying to replace it.” I muttered glaring at him.

“That’s why James is there.”

“I’d like for everyone to stop, turn to the gazebo, smile and wave and say ‘Bill you’re screwed your Twenty-Two and single, you’re going to die alone’.” Carden muttered into the microphone on the booth. The crowd turned to Bill repeating the phrase as the smile slipped from his face.

“I have a girlfriend!” He screamed at them crossing his arms over his chest, puffing his cheeks out childishly. That seemed to be the impression everyone did around me.

“The blow up doll doesn’t count.” Sisky stated before muttering something to James.

“Neither does the imaginary one.” Carden added as everyone laughed.

“She’s real and not plastic, thank you.” He shot. “Kill them.” He hissed at me as Jenna walked up. “Hey.” He smiled at her as she passed him a red cup.

“Hey Jenna.” I smiled up at the light brown, green eyed girl. She waved back as Bill took her cup before moving her hands quickly.

‘How are you?’ She asked lightly. Nodding I shrugged a bit.

“Could be better, you?” I asked she looked over at Bill who leaned against her lightly. “May I take it you’re his real non-plastic girlfriend?” She moved his hands licking her lips lightly.

‘I would hope so since last time I checked I wasn’t plastic, and I’m real.’ Laughing I nodded my head and glanced back at the elevator. People seemed to freak out over Pete and Ashlee getting off the elevator as made they’re way around.

“Come on.” Bill muttered handing Jenna her cup. “Let’s go kick Carden’s butt.” He laughed. She moved here hands as best she could with the cup in one. “I know you don’t like violence, but he called you imaginary and plastic, you should be mad.” Taking her cup I watched her hands move.

‘So what, he’s just talking about himself’ With that said she took her cup back and wandered to a large plush couch, patting the spot next to her. Groaning Bill followed like a good little boy and sat next to her.

Shaking my head I laughed at them and moved on to the DJ stand, watching as James and Sisky worked it with minimal difficulties.

“This is for you all. Get up and dance.” Carden muttered as Cobra Starship blasted through the speakers with ‘Guilty Pleasure’ turning I watched more than half the people at the party get up and dance to it, some even doing the actual dance.

“Break this set up, and I’ll hurt yoh-” I stopped as hands latched to my hips. Tipping my head back I glanced at Pete with a worried expression on his face. “Bill’s present is under the table.” Nodding Pete bolted off. “Freaking’ moron.” I whispered at all three looking at me. “What?” I hissed at them.

“You just answered him with out him asking.” Sisky muttered. “It’s kinda freaky.” He added as I rolled my eyes and pointed at the booth glaring at them.

“I’ve been working for him for two years and break it, you buy it and deal with the angry DJ.” I stated getting three salutes as I wandered off to bug people I knew. Truthfully I didn’t know as many people that were invited, we’ll I knew them but not on friendly basis. “Hey Chizz.” I muttered sitting with the lonely man and swinging my legs over his while leaning against the couch arm.

“Hola senorita.” He smiled at me placing his arms over my legs. “How are you?” He muttered lightly as I ran my hands over my face ready to kill the three running the DJ booth, they were having a bit of a problem with it still.

“I’m going to kill your friends.” He nodded lightly

“That’s what Pete said about ten minutes ago when I saw him.” I nodded lightly snuggling deeper into the plush cushions of the couch watching him closely. “You’re very much alike, yet very different. But why is Ashlee here?” He whispered, laughing I rolled my eyes at him.

“He invited her.” I muttered simply.

“She looks ready to have a heart attack.” He laughed as I did, I knew she would. “Pete keeps saying sorry about the dancers.” I shrugged lightly at the thought of Pete saying sorry and placing the blame on someone else wasn’t something I couldn’t imagine.

“What else is new?” I asked. He shrugged lightly. “So in about,” I pulled my phone out. “an hour we can let Bill cut the cake and smash his face in it hopefully so he shuts up and stops trying to get into Jenna’s pants.” I paused seeing Pete hurrying over with a surprised expression. Sliding next to the couch, he sat on the ground smiling at me like he’d discovered fire.

“Oh my god, Jenna, Bill’s Girlfriend really is mute, isn’t she?” He asked, nodding he gasped. “That’s so cool.” He laughed getting up and running back the way he came. Rolling my eyes I shook my head.

“God I swear he’s three sometimes.”

“No only a seven year old would find that cool, a three year old would be annoyed by it.” Rolling my eyes I sat up letting out a deep breath and scratching my neck.

“At least he’s matured a bit.” I laughed slightly throwing my legs off Chizz and sitting in the seat properly.

“Happy Birthday to you. Happy Birthday to you. Happy Birthday dear Bill.” He leaned down blowing out the many candles and lifted the knife cutting a piece of cake and passing it to Jenna, who stared at the massive piece a bit surprised. A man in a white hat took the knife and began cutting pieces as Bill took a bite from the extremely large piece he’s handed to Jenna. Clapping and cheering rose and as all watched.

“Oh, dang.” Pete sighed sliding into the car waving as Ashlee as she stepped into the building lobby and heading to the elevator. “Okay, to home.” Nodding Tom drove off as I yawned, leaning against the window. “Thanks for planning so perfectly on such short notice.” Smiling at him I patted his arm gently trying to keep from yawning again. “Tiered?” He asked, nodding he laughed pulling me into him. “You deserve a day off.”

“Three weeks.” I muttered. His brows knitted together as confusion washed over him, “I have three weeks before I have a day off. We need to pack your bags for Arizona.” He groaned running a hand over his face.

“Cashdolla.” He muttered. I hummed nodding and patting his stomach a bit as I pulled out of his lose grip. “Crap. Are you packed?” I nodded lightly watching him.

“I packed before I came over today,” I glanced at the clock. “Yesterday. We have till ten am. So you sleep, I’ll pack.” I stated as the car stopped and I waved at Tom as he pulled away. I’d get my bags later so we didn’t have to worry about them in the morning.

“That’s not fair.”

“No, but I’m sleeping on the plane, if you keep me awake I’ll kill you.” He nodded.

“That is fair.” He laughed as we stood in the elevator feeling it rise slowly. Yawning he laughed at me pointing lightly. “How about we both pack and get some sleep, then we both sleep on the plane.” I stuck my hand out for him to shake. Laughing he shook it with a firm grip. “Deal.” He laughed as the doors opened and we stepped out to his front door and unlocked it hurrying in. By six am we were done packing and Pete was out cold.

“To get my bags.” I sighed heading down stairs to Tom waiting. “Thanks.” I whispered he nodded. “You just have to drop me off here. I have a cab coming so you have the next few days off, with pay.” He turned to me and smiled.

“You’re too good to me.” I paused pulling out the book.

“Actually you have the next couple of weeks off; because we’re in Arizona for a few days then L.A. then we go to Disney Land and don’t come back ‘till about three weeks from now.” I stated, he laughed. “Take your kids out or something.” Nodding I climbed out of the car hurrying to my apartment grabbed my bags and hurried back out.