The Tick Tock of the Clock

If I get raped I blame you.

I sighed standing in line, my hands buried deep into my pockets while the elderly lady in front of my talked with her teenage grand-daughter, I assumed, about what certain drinks were since it was her first time as a Starbucks. Grateful Pete was asleep instead of in line with me I turned looking at him slouched in the black leather seat, head tipped back on the very back of the seat while he waited for the plane to board. I wouldn’t be surprised if when he fully woke up we were landing in Phoenix and he muttered something about alien abductions. It was just a him thing to do, but I remembered this mornings horrid events.

“Thanks Tom.” I smiled as he helped me with my bags to the elevator. “Now, be free.” I laughed as he waved at me the large silver doors closing slowly while I pressed Pete’s floor and waited for it to go up while I rummaged through my pockets pulling out the key to his door not sure if I locked it or not when I left.

The large silver doors slid open and I dragged my bags out of the elevator and to the door where I tried to door knob. Swinging open smoothly I smiled kicking my bags at Pete’s and paused at all the lights on.

“I know it was pitch black when I left.” I whispered lightly closing the door and locking it. “Pete?” I called lightly heading towards the stares. Wandering up them I stopped at the top looking at him still laying in bed, fully clothed, and still in the same position I’d left him in. There was no way he’d turned the lights on, otherwise he’d be laying face down in bed. Pete stays in the same position all night long, he doesn’t move and that the good thing to having to share a small bed with him, you can push him against the wall and he won’t move giving you most the space. I learned the trick from Joe on my first tour with them. “Pee…” I froze hearing the crash of pots and pans down stairs and having Pete sit straight up startled. “Good morning.” I laughed at him as he looked around his wide eyes dropping quickly. “Okay princess.” I stated pushing him back into bed. “Go back to sleep.” I finished as he snuggled back into the pillows and blankets.

“Otay.” He whispered muscles going limp as he eyes fully shut. Pete was gone as I waved my hand over his face to see if he’d even twitch slightly.

Standing up right I turned heading to the stairs and looking around, nothing was out of place and no shadow came from the kitchen. Narrowing my brows I slowly went down the stairs towards the kitchen.

“Hello?” I asked lightly before passing into the doorways. “Hel-” A blur of black caught my attention in my right peripheral, but I hardly had time before I stumbled back clutching my head.

“Oh my god Ella, I’m soo sorry.” Glancing up through my left eye as my right one screwed shut and my hands clutched the spot on my forehead where, what ever metal black thing had made contact with it. “I thought you were the bitch with Pete last night.” The small blonde women gasped pulling me up as the large frying pan landed on the floor.
“What?” I choked out as I pulled my hands away looking at the blood lightly coating my finger tips as my head began pounding like I had taken every hang-over on the planet and forced them into my head. Gagging lightly as the room began to spin she took hold of me and placed me by the sink as I tried to not vomit.

“I thought you were the tiny little girl with Pete last night at Bill’s Party.” Standing up right I looked at her, all three of her, and pointed.

“You were there?” I asked she nodded lightly with wide blue eyes. She’s the reason I hate Pete’s habit of sleeping with random women. “How?” I whispered harshly at her, I was dead meat if Pete found out she was here. She laughed lightly tucking her hair behind her ear with a weak smile as she filtered down to one person.

“Well I got invited.” She whispered taking a towel and running it under the cold tap and dabbing it to my forehead applying pressure. The good part to this was she wasn’t trying to kill me anymore like when I first took the job. She came at me with a knife for ‘trying to steal Pete’ from her I had to yell ‘I’m just his assistant you can have him!’ Now she thinks we’re friends, or close enough to it.

“By who?” I asked weakly letting her take care of me for a moment. She had a weak smile on her lips as she reflected on last nights events.

“Gabe.” She stated simply. “You’re really bleeding. I’m so sorry.” She whispered again running the cloth over the wound and my face cleaning up the blood.

“Saporta?” I hissed lightly glaring at the floor in front of me. She nodded smiling while she pressed on the wound to get it to stop bleeding.

“He’s such a cutie, but nothing compared to my Petey.” She giggled finishing with a dreamy sigh as I began to plot Gabe’s demise. Several hundred fan’s wouldn’t mind if he went missing or insane is I explained, would they? “We met a couple months ago when Pete went to wish Vicky T happy birthday with you.” My eyes traveled up to her as she explained. “He was such a sweet heart and took me out to dinner, and we even went on a few dates because I had nothing better to do, Petey was busy with meetings.” She sighed lightly pulling the cloths away before pressing it back.

“Yeah Pete’s been pretty busy.” I sighed as the idea of cement shoes or an Italian neck-tie looked like great possibilities for Saporta.

“So where are you guys going? The bags are packet and everything.” She paused lowering her face to mine glaring at me. “You’re not stealing Petey from me are you?” She hissed pressing harder on my head while her eyes narrowed.

“No, he’s going to the announcement of the Honda civic tour.” I stated she released most of the pressure and smiled at me.

“Oh who is it?” she asked sweetly removing the cloths and running it under the tap cleaning the massive amount of blood from it while my fingers trailed up to my hair line winching at the gently touch my callused finger tips. “Don’t, silly.” She giggled swatting my hand away placing the now damp cloth on my head. “When will you be back?” She asked absent mindedly.

“Couple weeks.” I sighed lightly and looked up at her. “Could you feed Pete’s dog while we’re out?” I asked lightly thinking of the pit bull out in the suburbs still.

“Of course.” She smiled at me removing the cloths. “But I have to be going, so I’m sorry about the head thing. I just wanted to say hi to Petey and make sure he’s alive not that you do a bad job or anything.” She smiled at me, nodding I glanced around as she moved for the door. “But I’ll totally feed the dog.” She laughed as I nodded. she was good for one thing. Breaking and entering to take care of things that Pete would need done. When ever we were away Pete thought it was odd his house was spotless, the cloths he hadn’t washed before he left and his pets were feed yet he didn’t have to pay anyone. If I told him Jessica was doing it, he’d never pet his pets again or wear any of his cloths or seat on any surface in his house.

“Thanks.” I whispered picking up the frying pan placing it on the counter as she walked out the door closing behind her. “Thanks a lot.” I muttered sarcastically touching my head again, winching. Grunting I headed up stairs to Pete and shook him. “Wake up Peewee.” I stated he grunted but didn’t move. “Peewee.” I snapped wandering into the bathroom looking at the cut on my head, a small but of blood clogging the pores of my hair and the wound. “Yeah.” I muttered sarcasticly clapping as I turned to Pete still sleeping. Opening my mouth I stopped as the phone rang. “Hello?” I muttered answering it.

“Hi, I’m your cab driver, I’m down stairs.”

“Be down in a second.” I stated moving to the stairs turning off all the lights but on one right in the door entry way. Grabbing the bags I hurried down stairs placing them in the cab. “Few more, hold on.” He laughed nodding leaning against the cab as I went back up stairs. “Pete if your not down here in a minute You’re not going to Disney land and I’ll have Trick call you when he meets Cinderella.” I yelled. I heard a muffled scream before he came flying down the stairs and out the door past me. “Nice.” I whispered as he rubbed his nose from running into the closed elevator doors. “Real nice.” I laughed.

“shut up.” He moaned as I locked his front door and waited for the elevator. He looked at the bags then at me, then at the bags and stepped into the elevator. “Seeing as there are only two left, I will not carry a single one.” He stated as I stepped in after him.

“I could have used the held five minutes ago when I dragged six of your bags down and two of mine.” He pointed. “Yes one of these is your seventh one.” I laughed he nodded with a smile as the doors open and we got in the cab. “No pee…” I trailed off seeing him leaning against the window sleeping already. “O’Hare.” I sighed lightly as the Cab drive got in laughing at me.

Pete wouldn’t remember any of that when he woke up hours later and he’d find the scab on my head something interesting if he noticed it at all.

“Can I help you?” I smiled at the small women as I stepped up to the counter.

“Yes, I’ll take a coffee black and a White Mocha large on the White Mocha with a shot of espresso, and a double chocolate chip please.” I smiled the women nodded “Black small, along with the Chocolate chip.” I stated she nodded writing it down on the plastic cups as I pulled out my wallet sliding a twenty at her. “Keep the change, you deserve a good tip.” I smiled at her moving along as she held the money in her hands.

“Oh… thank you.” She gasped a large smile on her face as she glanced at the other girl behind the counter making the drinks I’d ordered. Waiting I looked over at Pete as the large man next to him held a finger to his temple glaring at him.

“Can we make this quick?” I asked lightly noticing the angry look on the man’s face. I must have booked the one security guard that doesn’t know how to deal with half dead Rockstars.

“Almost done.” I girl smiled at me placing the small black coffee and the double chocolate chip up. Slipping the cardboard rings around them I waited till I got my White Mocha and slipped a ring around it. Sticking the Chocolate chip between my side and my arm lightly I walked over handing the large man his black coffee and setting the Chocolate chip in Pete’s hands.

Sitting up a bit the Security guards grunted and slid over and extra seat while I set next to Pete looking at the drink with one half opened eye before he began sucking it down.

“Slow down tiger, slow down.” I stated with a laugh as I set next to him. He paused and looked at me holding his drink to me and leaning over taking a drink of me. “Hey.” I gasped as he took my drink placing his in my hands. “What the hell.” I gasped taking it from him and changing them back.

“Come on, yours is better. It’s got coffee in it.” He whined, I pointed at the drink.

“That’s what you said you wanted, you said no coffee.” I hissed he groaned sliding into his seat eyes closed as he sipped on his cold drink with a frown. “I’ll get you a White Mocha later.” I stated running my sweater sleeve over the end of my straw to get rid of his drool. “You should also brush your teeth.” I added thinking about what he’d done this morning before we left. Snorting he held back a laugh. “I know, you hardly brush your teeth but drinking that much chocolate so early you’re going to need to or you’ll get a pain in your teeth again.” I stated listening to him snicker and mutter something about never brushing his teeth again. “Fine.” I sighed lightly taking a large drink from my coffee as I watched him finish his drink and set it on the empty seat next to him.

Pete folded his hands on his stomach to go back to sleep as two small women walked up to the podium.

“Flight 19-C out of O’Hare to PHX. Chicago to Phoenix.” She stated smiling. “Will now be boarding rows in First Class.” I watched as Pete sat up lightly when I nudged him. I handed him my drink which he gladly sucked down as I grabbed out two carry on bags and ventured towards the lady. “You can’t take that on the plane sir.” She muttered to Pete who rose a brow looking into the container. She’s obviously never meet Pete Wentz before when he’s got a Starbucks cup in his hand; there is never anything in the container after several minutes.

Pete put the straw back in his mouth for a second. I could see the contents- that was left- about half of it- begin to quickly vanish.

“Okay.” He stated handing it to her and getting on the plane while the other small women checked out tickets. I noticed the one who had hold of the empty container stared into it amazed that a small man like Pete had just empties a half full large Starbucks cup.

“Thanks.” I smiled turning to the security. “Your job is done.” I muttered he rolled his eyes heading off as I hurried to catch up with Pete’s slightly wobbling form. “That had a shot of espresso in it.” I stated as he gripped his head.

“Noticed.” He laughed softly as we got on the plane and moved to the back of the rows of First class. “Could have told me in advance, you know that stuff makes me dizzy if I drink it too quickly.” He sighed pushing down the window blind as I tucked out bags under out seats.

“I didn’t think you’d suck it down so quickly.” I laughed sitting next to him and held my hand out as I watched my phone power off. Nothing landed in my hand. Glancing up at him, he had one raised brow. “Phone, cause I know you’re not man enough to turn it off.” I laughed, rolling his eyes he fished it out of his pocket placing it in my hand and turning away so he wouldn’t witness it being turned off. “Deep done.” I muttered placing it in his lap before taking it again. “Never mind, you’ll just turn it on.” I hissed at him as he smiled weakly at me.

“Well,” He muttered looking at his feet as people began getting on. “I’m awake.” He laughed looking at me, at the wrong moment. Shrill screamed echoed through the cabin as both our eyes darted up to two teenage girls no older than fifteen. One had on a Fall Out Boy Shirt, the other had on a wrist band and a Fall Out Boy messenger bag slung over her shoulder.

“Oh My God.” One whispered holding up the line. “Pete Wentz.” I glanced at Pete looking around in the line and the seat in front of him.

“Where?” He asked lightly and glanced back at them pointing at him. He winced at one took a picture but smile. “You guys gotta move on, you’re holding up the line. I’ll come back later if I’m awake, if not She’ll come back and get something for me to sign or something.” He stated, pointing at me as my head swiveled to him my brows narrowing while they hurried off squealing at each other.

“I’ll what?” He shrugged laughing at me. “Don’t offer me up to the sharks, I’m not the famous one who is suddenly wide awa… don’t fake yawn.” I hissed at him as he waved a hand over his mouth smiling at me yawning poorly. “Don’t give me that, Pete.” I hissed as he leaned back in his seat closing his eyes. “I know you won’t fall asleep for another four hours, that’s of espresso works in your system, you’ll be wide awake for four hours then suddenly out cold, but that point will already be transferring planes.” I snapped watching as he through his arms around defeated by the facts of his own system.

“Damn it.” He snapped. “Fine.” He hissed at me. “But if I get raped, I blame you.” He stated pointing at me as the doors to the cabin closed and the Flight attendant walked up to the curtain and pushed it open smiling at every one in coach.

“No you won’t, because you’ll finally complete that goal of joining the mile high club.” I shot lightly watching the one in front of us holding up the card as the other women spoke over the intercom. Glancing at Pete as smiled at her glare in my direction with a hard line for a mouth. “You know it’s true. Besides on the way to Disney Land You, Trick, any, Joe and I are stuck in coach.” His mouth dropped open. “It’s all they had.” I stated as he scowled. “Wanna meet Cinderella or not bub?” I asked lightly crossing my arms as his shoulders sank and his brows narrowed sadly at the thought of not meeting her. “That’s what I thought buckle you’re seat belt.” I stated. Pointing at it.

“Fine, but you’re going back to bring them up one by one, because who knows how many teenies are back there!” He gasped throwing his arms up.

“Buckle up.” I stated he did as told as the other people in First Class watched us confused as to what was going on, and why two trouble causing looking punks got into First Class.
♠ ♠ ♠
BEING PROCESSED

comment please. :)