Status: Updating Sporadically

Hidden

The existence of vampires has been kept a secret from human society for centuries by the Volturi, an ancient coven home to the merciless leaders of the vampiric world. Creatures of the night follow them without question, and their bloodthirsty word is accepted as law.

On the opposite side of the world, a peaceful coven of vampires lives in Washington as a normal, quiet family. Led by doctor Cullen, this troupe of gifted immortals assimilate with human life to challenge the traditional existence of vampires. Only hunting animals for food and keeping their secret well hidden, they abide by the rules of the Volturi and live in relative peace.

But when an old rival alerts the capitol about the Cullen's newest member, the family starts to crack under the tension. Ties are strained, promises are broken, and one fatal mistake puts the life of a human in danger.

---

The Twilight Saga, written by Stephanie Meyer, is a series of novels following the story of a coven of vampires living in Washington and a teenage girl that becomes entangled with their lives. At face value, this idea sounds intriguing and entertaining. However, the author fails to develop her plot and characters, mangling the story and turning it into a self-insert for her own fantasies.

This is a tragic fate for her brilliant idea. The core foundation of vampires assimilating into society and trying to accept a human into their family without exposing themselves creates a slew of problems to be solved. These problems are barely touched upon in Meyer’s novels, making the story seem unbelievable and boring.

But out of the ashes rises a phoenix. Hidden takes place in Aberdeen, Washington, 2015. Werewolves and other supernatural creatures do not exist - only vampires do. Updates will be made every Sunday with chapters of 3-4,000 words. The story has a tumblr (twilight180.tumblr.com) with extras such as character descriptions, updates, and other information. Thank you for looking, and enjoy.
  1. Changes
    Bella
  2. Goodbyes
    Bella
  3. Instincts
    Edward
  4. Introductions
    Edward
  5. Mysteries
    Bella
  6. Surprises
    Bella
  7. Interruptions
    Edward
  8. Precautions
    Edward
  9. Questions
    Bella