To the Beat of Our Hearts

Prologue

As a kid my mom always told me stories about people who could see into the future, past, maybe even a different dimensions. I thought it was all made up until my dreams started to come true and I don't mean dreams like getting the job you always wanted, oh no. I mean I saw my grandmother's death before it happened. Saw my father cheating on my mother with one of his students. Even my best friends suicide.... All this I saw in my dreams, but I prefer to call them nightmares.

I was surprised when I started getting these visions, I honestly thought I was going crazy. Heck, when I was thirteen I tried to end my life just to escape the visions. Obviously I failed so I have had to live and see things that no one wants to witness, knowing that they are set events and can't be prevented. It's quite hard to live with actually.

Surprisingly there are a lot of people out there who have the same powers as me, some stronger, some weaker. I have always been told that mine are more powerful than most and I believe it considering I have been able to master some of the mind tricks faster than my mother ever did, at least according to her.

My mother told me that people like us have soul mates, the ones that we are destined to fall in love with. The thing is that all matches are made boy and girl, at least, that's how it used to be.

I guess I'm a freak, even for a freak. The last school I went to I got kicked out of because someone saw into my future and I was with my soul mate, according to them said soul mate was a male. Now there was so much wrong with that for many reasons. The main being that all matches should be made to grow our population which would never be possible if my mate is male. The second being that he isn't a viewer, the name given to those like us.

Once word got out I was harassed by many and in the end forced to transfer. My mom gave me the choice of online school or moving to the nearby school which the 'norms' attend. Me being the idiot that I am decided on norms school but little did I know that the boy from my dreams and the girls vision would be there, needing to be saved from the worst thing, himself.