Status: First try at original slash - here we go.

Simplistic


After nineteen years of living in the same country as The Beatles' origin story, Benjamin Flynn Holtry is ready to move back to America. While he did fail to meet his father's expectations of becoming a handy-man, he's decided to copy his mom's sale representative profession instead, but with Hallmark Greeting Cards. Ah, yes, living the dream.

Bustling, running, and paying for nonstop coffee, Benjamin has found himself in the very core of Chicago with a stereotypical intern reputation on his back. He hates his life with a burning passion, no doubt about it, but it's not like he's going to change it. His dream was always in theater, but he's never had the guts to pursue it. He decided to accept his fate with open (yet skeptical) arms. Especially when "fate" threw Frankie Castillo into the mix.

Struggling part-time college student and part-time waiter, Frankie Castillo has his plate full. Not only is he the first-generation American in his family, but also the first one to even consider college. His family supports him kindheartedly, but can't do anything when it comes to financial aid. So, after apply for a multitude of scholarships, taking an abundance of summer jobs, and babysitting whenever he could, Frankie's dream of majoring in Computer Science isn't as far-fetched as it once seemed.

Here's their story.
  1. Chapter One
    In which Benjamin Holtry is called a "turn-off" by a random acquaintance.
  2. Chapter Two
    In which Benjamin Holtry takes time to think.
  3. Chapter Three
    In which Frankie Castillo is introduced.