Status: just have to post

Forever Changed

Chapter 001

5-year-old Alana White was sitting up straight in her hospital bed, watching her favorite hockey team, The Detroit Red Wings play against the Chicago Blackhawks. Her mom was sitting with one leg underneath her on the end of the bed and her dad was in the chair next to her. Her eyes lit up when she saw her favorite player, defenceman Niklas Kronwall, on the ice. “Momma, daddy! It’s Kronner”, she said, her green eyes wide.
Her mom looked over her shoulder at her daughter and smiled.

“Yes it is, baby”. Her dad smiled and stroked Alana’s face.

“He’s your favorite, isn’t he Lannie”, he asked, using her nickname. Alana nodded. ‘

“Yes, he is! I love him”, she said.

Niklas Kronwall was sitting at his locker, laughing at his captain-Henrik Zetterberg’s- facial expression. “Hank, that was best expression ever! Seriously, you should’ve been a comedian or an actor”, he said, wiping the tears from his eyes.
Hank glared over at his younger teammate.

“Shut up, Kronner”. Niklas gave his teammate a cheeky grin.

“Why? It’s true.” He ducked the towel that was tossed at him, a smirk playing along his lips.

“I hate you”, Hank muttered. Niklas laughed.

“It’s impossible to hate me and you know it. You’re just saying that”. Hank rolled his eyes.

“You shouldn’t brag so much”, he scolded.

“I’m not bragging. I’m telling the truth.” Hank just shook his head.

“Fine, be that way. Just remember: no matter what you say, you’re still a brat.” Niklas grinned and ran his hand through his thick brown hair.

“I can live with that”. Hank rolled his eyes and walked to the weight room, shaking his head as he did so. Niklas couldn’t help the smile: he loved this team. He wouldn’t want to go anywhere else.