Status: just have to post

Forever Changed

Epilogue

Alana stepped out of her red mustang and grabbed her guitar case, the warm summer sun hitting her face. She had just returned from Florida the day before-she was on vacation with her parents- and she wanted to visit Niklas. She looked over by the house and a smile appeared on her lips to see Niklas and his wife, Carrie, sprawled out on the lawn chairs, soaking some sun. Their two kids, 6-year-old twins Kayla and Jacob, were playing in the grass not far from them. Thanks to the sunshine, Alana was a healthy tan color, which she liked. Today, her outfit was a white knee-high dress with a black belt and white flats. Her blond hair hung in curls around her shoulders and a pink headband completed the outfit. She was sixteen now and was known among her family and friends that she was great singer. Singing was her passion, although sometimes she joined the boys at practice and messed around with them.

“LANNIE!” Kayla and Jacob were the first to notice her and now the twins were running towards her. Alana put her case down just as the twins threw themselves in her arms.

“Well, someone’s happy to see me”, she said.

“We love you, Lannie”. Alana chuckled and glanced towards the couple on the chairs. Carrie waved at her and Niklas winked.

“I love you guys too”, she said.

“Lannie, play some songs for us”, Kayla begged fifteen minutes later. They were still outside and Niklas and Alana were talking about something when Kayla interrupted them.

“I can play for you, if you want. I know Taylor, Carrie, Danielle, Demi and some Miley”, Alana replied, standing up and grabbing her guitar.

“They are going to love you for that, Alana”, Carrie said. Niklas smiled and gave Alana another wink.

“She loves to sing. Even when she was five”, he said, remembering the ceremony he’d had for Alana eleven years earlier. Alana laughed.

“You would remember that, Nicky”, she said, shaking her head.

“Well, it was my idea”, Niklas reminded her. Alana smiled and placed her guitar strap on her shoulders.

“I know that”, she said, rolling her eyes.

“Lannie, can you play I’D LIE”, Kayla asked, looking up at Alana with her big blue eyes. Alana ruffled the young girl’s hair.

“Of course I can”.

I don’t think that passenger’s seat had ever looked this good to me
He tells me about his night and I count the colors in his eyes
He’ll never fall in love he swears as he runs his fingers through his hair
I’m laughing cause I hope he’s wrong
And I don’t think it ever crossed his mind
He tells a joke, I fake a smile
But I know all his favorite songs
And I could tell you his favorite color’s green
He loves to argue, born on the seventeenth
His sister’s beautiful, he has his father’s eyes
And if you ask me if I love him, I’d lie


Alana stopped for a minute to glance at Niklas and Carrie. They were smiling at each other and Alana couldn’t help but roll her eyes.

“Love”, she muttered before moving onto the next verse.

He looks around the room
Innocently overlooks the truth
Shouldn’t a light go on?
Doesn’t he know I’ve had him memorized for so long?
He sees everything in black and white
Never let nobody see him cry
I don’t let nobody see me wishing he was mine
I could tell you his favorite color’s green
He loves to argue, born on the seventeenth
His sister’s beautiful, he has his father’s eyes
And if you ask me if I love him, I’d lie
He stands there then walks away
My gosh if I could only say ‘I’m holding every breath for you’
He’d never tell you but he can play guitar
I think he can see through everything but my heart
First thought when I wake up is my gosh he’s beautiful
So I put on my makeup and pray for a miracle
Yes I could tell you his favorite colors green
He loves to argue, oh and he kills me
His sister’s beautiful, he has his father’s eyes
And if you ask me if I love him
If you ask me if I love him, I’d lie


Kayla was clapping her hands excitedly when Alana finished singing.

“I love your singing”, she said. Alana smiled.

“Thank you, Kayla”. Niklas grinned.

“That’s better than when you were five”, he said. Alana placed her hand over her heart, pretending to be hurt while Carrie gave her husband a mock glare.

“Be nice”, she scolded, causing Jacob, Kayla and Alana to burst into laughter.

“Your face, Nicky”, Alana said. Niklas rolled his eyes.

“After everything I’ve done for you, you have to make fun of my face”, he asked teasingly. Alana smiled.

“I’m sorry”, she said. Niklas laughed, got up from his chair, and hugged her.

“You didn’t mean it. I’m messing with you”. Alana kissed his cheek and Niklas sat back down. Alana played eight more songs: Taylor Swift’s ‘You Belong with Me’, Danielle Bradbery’s ‘Talk About Love’, Carrie Underwood’s “Wasted’, Demi Lovato’s ‘When Two Different Worlds Collide’, Taylor’s ‘Fearless’, Danielle’s ‘Endless Summer’, Carrie’s ‘All-American Girl’ and Demi’s ‘Gift of a Friend’. There was a five-minute water break before Alana got back up in front of her four friends.

“There’s a special song that I’m going to play. I just heard it two years ago, but I’m in love with it now. Kayla and Jacob won’t know the song, as seeing it’s from back in the seventies. Nicky and Carrie, you will know this one. Nicky plays it a lot in the locker room. It’s called ‘Blowing in the Wind’ by Bob Dylan”.

How many roads must a man walk down before they call him a man?
How many seas must a white dove sail before she sleeps in the sand?
How many times must the cannonballs fly before they are forever banned?
The answer, my friend, is blowing in the wind. The answer is blowing in the wind
How many years can a mountain exist before it is washed to the sea?
How many years can some people exist before they’re allowed to be free?
How many times can a man turn his head, pretending he just doesn’t see?
The answer, my friend, is blowing in the wind. The answer is blowing in the wind
How many times can a blind man look up before he can see the sky?
How many ears must one man have before he can hear people cry?
How many deaths will it take till they know too many people have died?
The answer, my friend, is blowing in the wind. The answer is blowing in the wind


“That is great, Lannie”, Niklas complemented his friend when she finished. Alana grinned, giving him the thumbs up.

“Thanks. It’s become one of my favorite songs”. Carrie winked at her before she raised her hand.

“I have a request.” Alana raised an eyebrow.

“Yes?”

“Can you play Don’t Stop Believing?” Alana’s green eyes lit up.

“Oh my gosh, yes!! I can totally play that song!!”

Just a small town girl, living in a lonely world
She took the midnight train going anywhere
Just a city boy, born and raised in SOUTH DETROIT
He took the midnight train going anywhere
A singer in a smoking room
The smell of wine and cheap perfume
For a small they can share the night
It goes on and on and on and on
Strangers waiting
Looking down the boulevard
Shadows searching in the night
Street lights people
Living just to find emotion
Out in somewhere in the night
Working hard to get my fill
Everybody wants a thrill
Playing anything to roll the dice just one more time
Some will win, some will lose
Some of them just sing the blues
Where the movie never ends
It goes on and on and on and on
Strangers waiting
Looking down the boulevard
Shadows searching in the night
Street lights people
Living just to find emotion
Out in somewhere in the night
Don’t stop believing
Hold on to that feeling
Street lights people
Don’t stop believing
Hold on
Street lights people
Don’t stop believing
Hold on to that feeling
Street lights people


Just as Alana, her parents, Niklas and all of his teammates learned a lesson from this song, so should everyone else. Don’t stop believing and don’t ever give up!!
♠ ♠ ♠
THATS THE LAST ONE FOLKS! HOPE YOU ENJOYED THIS STORY!