‹ Prequel: Trespassing
Sequel: Wrecked
Status: This story is marked as a sequel, but you DON'T need to read Trespassing to understand it! It's about different characters.

Unmasked

Chapter 24

Finn's POV

Pool wasn't my strong suit. Emma was kicking my ass at it for the second time in a row.

"Believe it or not, I learned how to play in my freshman year. Fraternity guys' love to impress girls with their major skills." She rolled her eyes, lining up another shot. "But sometimes you find a diamond in the rough, like Hugo. He taught me how to play."

I leaned on my cue as the solid red ball hit the blue one, sinking it.

"You should play with Trip or Gabe if you want a challenge." My eyes studied the game's distribution; pool was a game about angles and intensity. I should be better at this considering my mathematics and physics prowess.

"Have you ever considered I like easy wins?" I laughed. Emma's mouth curved on one side as she sauntered over, pool cue in hand. "Or maybe I like your company better."

I felt weirdly uncomfortable by that statement. Moving to a corner pocket, I leaned down, taking aim at the striped green ball; I saw a slender hand settle on the table's wooden border. I ignored the feeling of being watched and hit the ball, it rolled down the green expanse too quick and hard, bouncing back from the hole. I straightened, eying the arcade game on the other side of the room; Valerie rushed to the forefront of my mind. I was probably the only person in this house who knew the story behind that machine.

Emma cut off my single-minded thoughts of Valerie by pulling herself to sit on the pool table.

"You know, you've got this really intense air about you. I think it's really sexy."

Oh—wow. Last night, in her drunken haze, Valerie said I was hot—something I was sure she didn't remember—and now this. My fingers gripped the cue tighter; I might not be experienced in dating, but I wasn't oblivious to what Emma was doing. What she'd been doing for the last few days.

"You don't beat around the bush, huh?"

"It's not my style." Emma smirked sardonically; she tilted her head towards me, lowering her chin onto a shoulder. "I've really enjoyed getting to know you, Finn. I think you're smart and sweet. Younger girls tend to take those things for granted." Emma was twenty. We weren't that far apart, but she was in college and working in her mother's large company, dealing with million-dollar deals, attending board meetings—things you associated with an adult. Emma hopped down; she was taller than Valerie, coming up to my nose. "I like you, Finn."

"I guessed that already."

Emma and I were separated by only a few inches and my pool cue. She was looking at me with lively eyes, almost like there was a bright spark inside; April would've called them "bedroom eyes" as she often did whenever Johnny and Carly started making out. Emma reached between us, driving a hand behind my neck, pulling me in.

I tugged back. More like ripped away from her. I took two steps to the side. Emma looked winded for a couple of seconds. I was probably the same but for different reasons. My brain kept bringing up Valerie even though we weren't a couple. The ugly feeling of betraying our unusual dynamic didn't sit well with me—more than that, I didn't want to kiss Emma. Because I wanted to kiss Valerie.

"I'm sorry. I like you—you seem great and it's not…" I almost recited the old cliché 'it's not you, it's me'; I ran a hand through my hair eying the outside deck, glad to see no one was there. My heart took a Xanax. "I've got a thing going on with a girl."

All at once, Emma lifted her hands, backing up as if I'd been diagnosed with plague.

"I—I didn't know. I wouldn't have tried to…"

"It's fine. No one knows. We're… It's complicated." I'd sidestepped one cliché to fall on another. Fuck it.

"Oh." Emma quickly glanced at anywhere but me. "Okay. I get that." She tucked a curly strand back from her face. "This doesn't need to get awkward. It's not like I'm in love with you, I just wanted to hook up."

Good, because I wasn't in love with Emma. I liked her personality, the sexy cocoa skin and chocolate eyes—like most guys and some girls did, but it didn't begin to topple what I felt at the sight of Valerie.

"A lot of guys wouldn't have stopped it." the kiss. "Especially if you and this girl aren't together."

"You need to meet nicer guys." I gave her a small smile wanting to brush this awkwardness under a rug.

Emma laughed; it wasn't strained or forced.

"Believe me, I've been trying. Really, though, I'm sorry. If there's something I hate, it's cheating. I'm glad you stopped me." She grabbed her cue from the table. "Do you want to finish the game? I still want my easy win."

Giving a head shake, I walked towards the table listening as Emma described a game maneuver her friend Hugo taught her.

***

Valerie came down for lunch because Ava wrenched her from sleep. I almost got down on my knees and thanked Ava. I'd been tempted to check to see if Valerie was breathing throughout the day—yes day, this a very late lunch. It was mid-afternoon. I was loading the dishwasher when my mother called.

"Hey, mom. What's up?" Sharon grabbed the forks clutched in my hand so that I could go outside.

"…remember a few months ago, when your aunt said she'd "maybe drop by"?" aunt Becky was Dad's unpredictable sister; she'd been living in Australia for the last five years. "She called today. She's totally, completely coming here—to New York. Her plane is in a couple of hours."

"Okay?" I hoped Mom remembered I couldn't pick anyone up from the airport. I was eight hours away.

"Honey, I know you're having fun with your friends and everything, but she's flying for twenty-four hours just to come see us—all of us. She sounded so excited to see you! You were always her favorite nephew…" I shut my eyes against Mom's rambling arguments to drag me home earlier. All because aunt Becky couldn't remember to call in advance. "Finn?"

"Are you serious?"

"She's only staying for three days before she needs to leave for work."

"I'm in Virginia!"

"You have a car!" Mom's usual lively tone turned stern; I held in a gruff huff. "I get it. It's a bummer for you, but Becky hasn't seen you—any of us—since she moved. You know how much she means to your father, Finn. I'm not asking you for the whole summer, just three days." Just three days. How about all the Saturdays' I wasted going to anger management meetings? Nope, wasn't going to dig that up.

I did know how much aunt Becky meant to Dad. After Grandma Eloise—Dad's mom—died seven years ago, Becky was all he had left besides us. Then she decided to take a job on the other side of the globe. I knew there was no saying 'I'll think about it' to my mother. She would keep guilting me. I loved my mother dearly, but this was one of the reasons why I needed to get away—get into a faraway college.

I needed space.

"Alright, Mom, you win. I'll leave early in the morning, 'kay? Bye." I hung up before anything else could be said. I glared down at the phone before stashing it in a back pocket.

Once I walked inside, Trip was walking out onto the deck.

"We're taking the boat for a spin. You in?" Trip asked already in swim trunks, RayBan's perched on his tousled hair.

"I'm not really in the mood."

Trip's scarred eyebrow twitched.

"You look angry."

"I'm not angry." I was. "I just want to be alone right now but have fun." I clapped him on the shoulder as I went. I passed Ava as I walked up the foyer stairs; she asked the same things as Trip and I gave her a copy of my answers.

"Finn!" she called already at the bottom, I stopped, grabbing the iron rail as I twisted to see her below. "Valerie's not going either, she says her stomach is still queasy." I noticed she hadn't eaten a lot at lunch, not like she normally did. "Just… Can you keep an eye on her? She won't ask for help if she needs it." Ava muttered displeased by her friend's faulty traits.

"Yeah, don't worry."

I stranded myself in my bedroom. I eyed the painting hanging over the wide bed; it was vibrant and explosive, words I associated with Valerie on many levels. Right now, that solar flare reflected the inside of my head. I walked to the foot of bed and tipped forward, falling on it face-first—the mattress bounced.

I groaned loudly into the sheet.

I didn't want to leave. I felt like a spoiled five-year old having a temper tantrum. For the first time, in a very long time, I was enjoying myself. I pressed my forehead into the mattress; I wanted to explore this with Valerie. That tidbit of information wasn't groundbreaking, I'd been craving more of her since our night together. Maybe even before.

I spent some time gathering my wits, pushing my family reunion out of my mind, before I found myself knocking on Valerie's door. When there was no answer, I tried the door. Open. Valerie quickly dropped her phone between her crossed legs.

"Jesus! Knock!"

"I knocked." I stated breezily.

"Knock harder." The hand on her chest fell on her left knee. "Aren't you supposed to be on the boat?"

"Oh, I am." Valerie frowned massively. I sat down on her bed. "I've mastered the art of omnipresence."

A single eyebrow hiked on her forehead.

"You're an idiot." I pressed a hand into my chest—above my heart—soothing hurt feelings. She rolled her eyes. "Did Ava ask you to babysit me? Because I told her: I'm fine." I noticed the alarmingly large blush on Valerie's neck expand.

"She did say to keep an eye on you. But that's not why I stayed." Her cheeks were light maroon. It was hilarious how flustered she got with me around. I fixed my eyes ahead—on her closet. "My Mom called…" I told Valerie about aunt Becky and her sudden visit; I listed all the reasons Mom used to cut things short; I did all of it without knowing why or even what I expected to gain from it.

"You came here to tell me you're leaving tomorrow. That's it, right?" she said after a long pause.

"Well, yeah." Why was she pointing out the obvious? "I wanted to tell you first…"

"Why?" she snapped.

I took a short breather.

"Because…" the pull between our gazes won out. "Because we're…" I stopped at her stoic expression; I exhaled through my nose, glancing fleetingly at the floor before saying more. "Because of what we have going on."

Valerie's red-painted lips pressed together in a taut line.

"The world's full of women. You know that, right?" I scowled, unsure where the hell she was taking this. "Why are you so hell bent on me? There are attractive women—both physically and personality-wise. Just because you've seen me at some lows doesn't give you the right to make me some sort of project—okay?"

Her words turned my brain to scrambled eggs. I glared at her, baffled.

"Did you smoke Gabe's stash? You're not making any sense."

"Do I need to break it down for you? Fine. You like me for my body, not anything else. But don't worry, there's some girl out there with a winning combo in both departments. There's someone for everyone, Finn." I watched as she slid to the farthest side of bed, my jaw hanging open. She got to her feet. "These last days were horrible. You ignore me in front of everyone. You barely look at me. Or talk to me. And then I get to watch Emma cozy up to you. I'm not okay with being treated like that. I thought I could do it, but I can't." What the what?

On impulse, I was standing and pointing at her.

"You're the one who wanted this!"

"When did I say that? You guessed, remember?" Valerie fired back.

"You didn't tell me I was wrong."

"Because I knew you wanted to keep it a secret!" she heaved loudly.

"What?" I hollered.

Valerie crossed her arms, expression slightly shaded by the long waves falling around her face and to her shoulders.

"You were afraid of Thomas seeing us together—when we left your apartment." That fucking morning after graduation. I thrust a hand into my hair; I couldn't tell say that factoid was wrong. "You hate my personality. I'm not making these things up, Finn. You said those things." yes, on many occasions.

It became painfully clear what Valerie's problem was. It didn't stem from people not knowing or because we were sneaking around; her problem was me. She thought I was ashamed of being with her; of letting other people—our own friends—know.

"I know…" I took a step forward—halting at her Medusa glare. Hadn't seen that in a while. "Valerie, I know what I said about… you. I—that's not how I feel now." her expression told me she didn't believe me. "I'm being honest. I mean, yes, I'm physically attracted to you. But I wouldn't have kissed you if that was the only thing I liked. I'm not that type of guy." I handled her like a wounded animal who would slash a paw across your face if you got too close. I held my hands out in front of me, "I'm sorry you felt like that—I'm sorry I made you feel like… like what we have is something I'm ashamed of. I thought… I thought you didn't want people to know. Back at St. Joseph every girl turned her nose down at me because I don't have your kind of money. Because I was—because I am—just a guy from Brooklyn. I'm that guy and you're... You. You're Valerie Monet. So…" boy, did we lack communication.

With each word, Valerie's eyes dropped their hardened shell. Her features softened. I took that as a hint to shave off distance between us. I got close enough to make her look up.

"If I wanted to be with a millionaire like Sebastian, I would." She stated. "I get why you'd think money is a big deal for me, but it's really not. I don't care about your money. I care about how you make me feel. I never once said I didn't like you because of your personality. I have… defense mechanisms. Because of my mother. I push people away because everyone leaves—everyone dies. I don't like getting closer than I have to, because…" she drew her arms tighter around herself. "I've been trying to fight those impulses. It's hard. It's really hard—I don't want to push you away." her strangled words ensnared me.

"You're not pushing me away now." I reached out with my right hand, gently brushing my thumb across her cheekbone; Valerie leaned in the opposite direction. The hand dropped, and I took another step, her heaving chest brushed mine. She fell back a step—hitting a wall. I braced an arm above her head. Valerie was forced to look at me as I leaned down. "The first time we talked on the phone… after we kissed… I liked it. I thought about you every day. Not just because of the way you look, Valerie. I was wrong. I only saw what you wanted me to see before, but… I'm starting to see you—the way Ava sees you." looking at her now, seeing the vulnerability pouring from her eyes, the way her chest was shaking with barely concealed nerves—I was reminded of an innocent bunny. "I like what I see."

I closed the gap between our mouths. Two skinny arms crawled up my chest, tangling themselves behind my neck, creating a tight noose; I hugged Valerie's waist understanding her need to feel safe. The kiss was drawn out but lacking the urgent fervent passion; it wasn't worse, though, it felt… stronger. In some weird sense. Slowly, our mouths untangled; Valerie's mouth was a little smeared around the edges from the red lipstick.

She heaved a small laugh out of the blue. Valerie leaned back into the wall as I gave her a look. Her hands came into view and I felt her thumbs swipe at my lips; a sheepish smile on her face. "It rubbed off on you." Oh. I circled her wrists before she pulled back from my face. Valerie was the most laid bare I'd ever seen her, with or without clothes on. I could see more than Ava ever had and what I saw was a scared girl, afraid of abandonment, loss, grief, maybe all of those—it didn't matter. This was Valerie's core; I shouldn't feel so attracted to this mess, but it was a beautiful mess and I could understand being afraid better than anyone. "Finn," my name shook on her lips. "I'm messed up." she heaved brokenly, as if able to read my mind. "You—"

"Everyone is messed up, Valerie. Trust me on that." Then, I tugged her close, folding her head under my chin. I chained her in my arms making sure the broken pieces would realign. "You're pretty strong for such a skinny girl." I chuckled after her arms circled me, crushing the air out of my lungs with a damn fierce hug.

I heard a mumbling noise from where her face was pressed into me.

***

Valerie's head was on my shoulder and her entire body was plastered to my side; her legs were curled against mine. After the heavy tension lifted and Valerie got some of her groove back, we ended up on her bed. Just lying here, sort of cuddling and looking at each other. She wasn't saying the words, but I knew she kept thinking them 'I don't want you to leave'.

"If my Mom asked me to go, I would. Your aunt is coming all the way from Australia to see you. I bet she'll be sad if you're not there." My fingers stopped their up-and-down motion across her back. How was Valerie this selfless? This wasn't a ploy to push me away, those came with outbursts of anger and cold faces, not softly spoken words and honey-dripping gazes. "What?"

I smiled at the suspicion in her tone.

"Nothing."

"You're smiling and looking at me weird."

"What?"

"That's what I said—stop smiling like that…" I started laughing. "Oh, come on." She hit my chest. "If you're making fun of me…"

"Valerie—I'm not." I managed between breathless laughs. I sat up when she rolled away. I slid in behind her; my lips brushed her earlobe. "I'm not making fun of you. I was just thinking how much my Mom would love to have you as an advocate against me. I know… Well, I think, you don't want me to go, but you're telling me to leave anyway. You're being a good person." While I was being a shitty one. Because if it weren't for my mother's guilt-trip, I wouldn't haul ass to see my aunt.

"Family is important to me. It should be important to everyone." She shivered in my hold as my breaths rustled hairs against her neck. The raven-haired girl twisted her head to get a good look at me, "Can we talk on the phone?"

I propped myself on an elbow so that Valerie didn't pull a muscle.

"Whenever you want." my joy at her suggestion must've showed, because Valerie turned on her other side, facing me fully. She pushed herself off bed with both hands, leaning in; she dropped a quick peck on my lips. I glanced over her shoulder—at the bay window. "Do you want to tell them?"

Valerie caught on quickly, following my gaze; the boat was still gone, and we couldn't spot it anywhere; they must've taken it further today.

"What would we tell them? Hey, guys, Finn and I had sex and we've been sneaking around behind your backs because of an apparent misunderstanding." I rolled my eyes. "I don't see the need to tell them about this—about us—now. At least until we…" she trailed off. "I'm okay with us keeping things on the down-low until we see where it goes."

I couldn't say I disagreed; my family already speculated about my love life far too much without any real information. The last thing I needed, was for them to somehow meddle and scare this girl off; especially now, since the Ice Queen had temporarily melted for me.

"Okay. So… huh… when are we going to know where this is going?"

Valerie put a finger on her chin; her small nose scrunched in thought. Just like a bunny. A smile started small before taking on large, deviant proportions. Now I was the one squinting at her. She planted her hands on my chest; the smile dwindled to a sad curve.

"Can I ask you something?"

Well, wasn't this familiar.

"You already did." I replied, stealing her line. "Sure, go for it."

"Did Emma make a move on you?" Emma. I forgot Valerie included her in the angry monologue.

"You were jealous."

Valerie cut me a look.

"If Sebastian were here, you'd be jealous too." she wasn't wrong. Then again, Sebastian hadn't had the pleasure of being inside her. "Did she?" Should I lie? Before Valerie caught up to my hesitation, I nodded.

"She went tried to kiss me, but I stopped her—I swear."

"I know. She told me." I stared at her dumbfounded. The hands still on my chest gave a push, sending me sprawling onto my back. Valerie shifted to straddle me—damn. My blood rushed south so fast I thought I might pass out. "Forget about Emma now. I just wanted to see if you'd tell me the truth."

I wouldn't object to forgetting about the entire world when she squirmed like that… My head fell back—I grunted. Valerie's hands gripped my shoulders as she leaned down. When I opened my eyes, Valerie's hair was falling around both our faces.

"What if they come back?"

Valerie gave a quick shrug.

"I don't really care." No complaints here. I let my hands roam her shapely legs; I lifted my shoulders off the mattress to nip at her naked collarbone—she moaned quietly. I wanted to make those noises louder, like last time.

Valerie and I kissed and ravaged each other on the way out of her room, into the hallway—thud! Valerie's back slammed into my bedroom door as I kissed her neck. She tugged my hair with one hand, while the other tapped the door for the knob…

We tumbled inside—almost tripping over each other. I barely had time to shut the door with Valerie tugging me. Her fingers found the hem of my t-shirt and then it was gone. I got her out of her white shorts while she pulled her top above her head. Her fingers traced my hip indents before popping the button on my shorts; my abs flexed at her touch. Valerie pushed our chests together—much like last night. I kissed her hard, mirroring her intensity. I left Valerie winded, her mouth swollen and cold as I trailed kisses on a downward route. I knelt before her, kissing her collarbones; her hands found my shoulders. Valerie studied me through a daze, confused, once I kept dropping butterfly kisses below her chest area.

I eyed her breasts, taking a beat from kissing her flat stomach. Her nipples were straining against the material. Valerie dug nails into my shoulder blades; I smirked inwardly. She bit her lip while staring straight at me. I beamed a cocky grin, then dipped lower, past her bellybutton. Valerie swayed before I even touched her; I felt her thigh muscles tighten in anticipation. Not yet, sweetheart. I brushed her with a finger—a feather light touch—before pulling away.

"Finn," she sounded a little mad—but more than that, my name on her lips sounded like a plead. And it was fucking beautiful.

Still kneeling, I retraced my steps, kissing upward. Gently, I grabbed the bra cups, pulling them down. The moment I touched them—both at the same time—Valerie tipped into me, moaning. She was so sensitive here. I loved it. I massaged her breasts, circling them slowly, driving her nuts by avoiding touching her nipples. My name dropped so many times I lost count; her hips were rolling into my chest by now. I decided to end my little teasing game by sliding my thumbs across Valerie's puckered nipples.

"Ah…!" she yelled loudly, carving her nails on my skin. "Oh God—finally…" she yelped when I pinched the left one.

"Too hard?"

"No…" a good yelp then. I pushed my lips to the soft flesh of her right breast, holding it still as I circled her nipple with my tongue. She shivered for me.

"Are you cold?" I spoke straight above her nipple, deliberately brushing it with my lower lip. "Valerie?" I asked again when she was too busy answering me with loud groans. Having reached a breaking point, Valerie's hands clutched the back of my head, shoving my face against her chest. My lips molded around the erect peak, playing with it as Valerie squirmed for some relief. She tugged on my hair so hard I thought she was going to rip it out in clumps; taking the hint, I scrambled to full height. Our mouths tangled in a mess of harsh breaths; her hands shoved at my shorts and boxers in a hurry—I pulled away with a wince.

"Sorry." she mumbled quickly, easing my boxers down slowly—without bending my erect cock and breaking it.

"And you say I'm a magnet for trouble…" I whispered kicking the clothes off. I grabbed Valerie's hips, pulling her flush against me; slender fingers locked around me. I gritted my teeth in pleasure. She took charge, guiding us backward; soon, the back of my legs met an armchair. Valerie tried to straddle me but five minutes of trying and failing to get comfortable led us to the edge of bed. She pumped me slowly, but hard, finding a rhythm; Valerie leaned in, biting an earlobe.

"Touch me." she whispered.

I maneuvered a hand inside her damp underwear. Valerie shuddered letting out a loud moan that made me harder; we worked on each other, stealing kisses and heaving against one another as we both got closer to…

"…inside me…" Valerie panted, taking my wrist—that was numb from working her clit from this angle—pulling my hand away from her. Valerie's hand fell from my member.

"That's… evil…" one more minute and I would've come. But I couldn't be mad, I wanted to be inside her again just as much. Valerie tackled me before I could get a condom; I had to crawl from underneath her smaller frame as we kissed everywhere. Valerie's legs were dangling off the side of bed, her undergarments were gone; she watched me, propped on her elbows, as I slipped the condom on. Done, I advanced and she spread her legs wider. "Here?"

"You keep standing and pull my hips so that I—ha!" she squealed once I pulled her to the very edge, lifting her hips and bending a bit, so that she could hook her legs over my shoulders. Her mouth opened wide in a silent groan as I slipped inside, easing myself inch by inch, until I was all the way in. "You're a quick learner…"

"Always have been."

"Finn?"

"Yes?"

"Move." She ordered tearing a laugh from me. I'd been wondering how long she'd resist.

***

We were side by side. My right arm was draped across Valerie's back; her chin was resting on my chesT. For all our shortcomings, our sex was… mind-blowing. Well, it was the only sex I ever had, but if everyone had sex like this there would be less wars because people would be very busy tearing clothes off instead of firing guns and organizing terrorist strikes.

"What are you thinking about?"

I pushed out a breath, "Promoting sex as a way to end wars."

Valerie sputtered a laugh.

"Are you serious?" my lips split in a lazy grin. Valerie smiled softly and this one lasted longer than any other unguarded smile. "It's not a bad idea. More sex, less war could be a good campaign slogan." she traced the light shadow already covering my chin, pensive. "It's not always this… this good."

I caught her wandering hand, fixing Valerie with my gaze. I didn't want to ruin our afterglow with questions about previous sex partners, even if the question burned my tongue. I contented myself with knowing our sex was really good, not just for someone unexperienced in the field, like me, but for someone with experience, like Valerie. I threaded our fingers, mind gravitating to the trip back to New York tomorrow morning.

"You're brooding." I snapped out of thoughts of faraway colleges and dodging Mom's requests. "Stop brooding."

"Look who's talking."

"I don't brood."

"No, you're a total drama Queen."

Valerie squinted; instead of lashing out, though, she got on her knees. Valerie threw one leg over my hips, sitting on my chest. Her cotton panties were soft against my skin. She planted both hands on below my shoulders, leaning in.

"Going back a few days earlier doesn't exactly qualify as a problem. At least, not to me." she was right, of course. But it was to me. Mom was trying to keep tabs on me even when I was miles away, aunt Becky dropping by was a great excuse for her to pull me into her protective orbit—to make sure I was under control. "Finn? Is there something else? I know we're…" her smile started out sad and took a turn to wry. "I know we're complicated, but you know things… no one else knows. Some things because I told you, others you just… found out." because I'd been in the right place at the right time. "Either way, you've kept things between us. You… If you want to tell me things… I'll keep it between us, too."

God, I believed her. Before I started to know her—all of her—I would've chalked it up to some sort of manipulation technique. Now, I looked into Valerie's bronze eyes and saw pure honesty. The urge to kiss her came over me; I dove forward, kissing her slowly.

"What was that for?"

"Why does it have to be for anything?"

"It just felt like it was." she whispered. Alright, maybe it was. "I get it if you don't want to talk. I'm not pushy." I thought I heard an unspoken 'I'll wait'.

I nudged my nose against her cheek, wearing a ghost of a smile.

"You're bossy." Valerie didn't argue, planting a kiss on my jaw. I didn't hate her bossiness—not all the time. "We should get dressed…" I trailed off, gently tracking kisses along the arch of her neck.

Valerie let out a soft sound, finding my lips and tasting them in a slow-burn of a kiss. She pulled back breathless.

"And I'm the bossy one." She mocked; Valerie gave me one last peck on the lips before rolling onto her back, ready to put on the rest of our scattered clothes. I had just sat up when a shirt collided with my head—causing everything to be plunged in darkness; there was a giggle.

I threw her an annoyed look after pulling the shirt over my head, but found my annoyance was heavily mixed with amusement. Something had shifted between us and I wasn't sure it could ever go back to the way things were before—at least not for me.
♠ ♠ ♠
I guess these two might be getting in-sync now ;p Please share your thoughts if you'd like! I'll see you guys next time :)