Rebel Love Song

Secret Love, My Escape

Andy slept peacefully throughout the night. He wasn't sure if it was that he was exhausted form the day prior, or if it was because Ashley was right up against him... His body was so warm. Andy wished he could stay in his arms forever; that he'd always feel this warm and safe... but he knew it was just a moment that would come and go just like any other. If only...
"Ashley..." he groaned into the pillow, still sound asleep just as he had been. "Mm.. Ash.."
What was he dreaming of? Well, he wasn't quite sure. All he knew was that it was Ashley, and it was heated.
"Yes?" he heard a voice muse, suddenly pulling him from the fantasy and jolting him awake. Andy looked over his shoulder and nearly rolled off the bed.
"Holy shit!" He gasped and grabbed his bedside table, pushing himself back up. "Don't do that..."
"I heard my name... Thought I may as well answer." Ashley shrugged casually and scooted closer. "Sounded like a good dream..." He grinned knowingly.
"Uh- what dream?" he blushed and got off the bed. "I wasn't even saying your name."
"So, you're saying I was hearing things?" He raised an eyebrow and rolled his eyes. Andy stood for a moment, and then nodded stubbornly.
"Yes." He proceeded to get clean clothes. Ashley got up as well and took the liberty of taking the bathroom for a shower. Andy rolled his eyes. He was gonna brush his teeth but nevermind...
"Oh, yeah, sure Ashley. Go ahead." he mumbled under his breath and decided to just get changed where he was. Andy went over to the mirror that was connected to his dresser and leaned over, trying to put eyeliner on as steady as possible. He blinked a couple times and shrugged. It was the best he could do. As he put the eyeliner down and played with his hair, he sighed quietly and looked at Ashleys backpack in the reflection.
"I should really tell him soon..." he whispered.
"Tell who what?" Ashley somehow magically appeared out of thin air behind him, causing Andy to jump at least ten feet in the air.
"Shit, man! I told you not to do that!" He whined and hit his shoulder. Ashley laughed.
"You were looking in the mirror. I thought that made my presence known."
"Yeah, well I-" he pursed his lips. "I was... Just shut up." He shoved him back. Ashley tripped over Andy's pajamas that laid in a heap on the floor and fell onto the bed. He looked up at him and flipped him off.
Ashley continued to laugh. "You're such a dumbass..."
"And you're a shithead." he muttered, resuming to play with his hair. He huffed when his fringe kept falling over his face in a way that he wasn't satisfied with and grabbed his straightener. Fixing his fringe became fixing his entire head of hair, which aggravated Ashley.
"Oh come on, Andy. You look fine." He tapped his foot impatiently, waiting by the door with his backpack and shoes on.
"But it doesn't look right!" He pouted.
"Suck it up, princess." Ashley sighed and unplugged the straightener, shoved Andys backpack into his arms and led him down the stairs. Andy huffed again and walked with him to school.
The instant they set foot inside, Andy was surrounded by the other three guys, arms all wrapping around him.
"Oh my god, Andy! Are you okay?" Jinxx asked, eyes shone with worry.
Andy blinked. "I'm fine... why?" he narrowed his eyes.
"Uh, your grandpa died..." Jake furrowed his brow, pulling out of the hug after Jinxx. CC was next to let him go.
"Does this mean you can't go on Friday?! Do we need to cancel?! Please don't say we have to cancel!" he begged.
Andy stared at CC. "Ouch, dude. I can see where your priorities lie..." he rolled his eyes.
"What?! No! I didn't mean that, I just mean-"
"I'm kidding.. yes, I'll be there Friday." Andy laughed and ruffled CC's hair. CC smiled happily and hugged him again. Andy rolled his eyes with a grin, patting his back. "So, how did you guys know?"
Jake and Jinxx looked at each other and shrugged.
"I told them..." Ashley sighed. "When you were taking so long in the bathroom last night, I decided to text-"
"Ooh, had a slumber party, did we?" CC immediately stood up, grinning ear to ear. Andy blushed furiously.
"No. Well- Okay, yes, but we got the set-"
CC shook his head and put his finger to Andy's lips. "Sh... I don't want details." He said quietly.
Ashley sighed and looked around, tapping his foot impatiently again and arms crossed. "CC, nothing happened."
"Sure. Hey, Jake? We should go get to history class before Mrs. Grouchy marks us tardy again." CC said nonchalantly. "Oh, you too, Jinxxy." He cooed and walked away.
"Don't call me Jinxxy." Jinxx glared and followed.
Andys eyes widened. "Hey, wait, what about us? We're in the same class!"
Jake turned and looked between them. He smiled a little at Ashley.
"Ash, Andy has something he's been meaning to talk to you about..." He said quietly. Jake then looked at Andy and gave him a nod with a look that said 'you got this,' and walked away with the other two. Andy chewed on his lip and was debating about just running to avoid the situation at hand.
"What is it?" Ashley turned to him, his honey eyes boring into him and swimming with curiosity. "You can tell me anything, y'know."
"Yeah- No, I know..." he groaned. "It's just that- Well, I- What I'm trying to say is... God damn it, I can't." He whined.
Ashley sighed. "Andy. Tell me."
Andy stared down at his black converse in contrast to the ugly green linoleum hallway floor that glared under the sun that poured in through the windows.
He was fucked...