Sequel: Birthday Boy
Status: One shot

New Tradition

Birthday Boy

Soft snoring vibrated throughout the otherwise quiet hotel room only to be interrupted by a few gentle knocks on the door and those snores stopped moments later followed by a groan and a huff. The dark haired man buried under thin hotel blankets reluctantly peeled his eyes open and stuck his arm out from under his blankets to blindly reach for his phone on the nightstand. Once found he pulled it under the covers and released a groan when he saw the date and time: seven fifteen on February seventeenth. His fortieth birthday. He had specifically asked to be left alone for the whole day, not wanting to celebrate this year.

"Kaoru? Mi Amore, I have breakfast."

His head snapped up and a small smile made it`s way across lips. It was true he had told everyone to leave him alone but the one person he couldn`t possibly turn away was Aminonette. That woman could melt a heart of stone with a smile. She was the daughter of a French diplomat after all. She knew how to say just about anything while sounding as sweet as a dream. It was a true talent and no one wanted to know exactly how she achieved it.

"Open the door or I open it for you."

Kaoru let out a snort and buried himself deeper under his blankets and shut his eyes. If she wanted in she could let herself in. She probably had a key anyway. And a jiggle of the lock and the door opening seconds later told him his assumption was correct. That or she picked the lock. In four years of knowing her she never did admit how she learned how to do that.

Aminonette walked into the hotel room balancing two plates of food and two cups of coffee. She kicked the door closed with her bare foot and rolled her eyes at the curled up lump of rockstar under all the blankets. Despite trying to create this image of being the stoic leader of Dir En Grey he could be such a baby when he wanted to be. But it was his birthday so he had an excuse.

The twenty three year old shuffled over to the bed and carefully placed both cups of coffee and the two plates full of food on the nightstand without spilling anything. After a sigh of relief she directed her attention to the bed. More specifically the lump under the covers that had yet to move. He was either asleep or ignoring her. Aminonette rolled her eyes at his childish behavior and lifted the covers just high enough to crawl under and let them fall back into place once she reached the rockstar.

"I know you`re awake," Aminonette whispered when she saws the little smile on his face.

"I thought I told everyone to leave me alone," Kaoru murmured, still not bothering to move.

She cursed a few words in French that he didnt understand and sat up. "You are such a baby."

"It`s my birthday. I can be if I want," He retorted.

"And you can`t say no to me," She snickered before her eyes softened and she sighed. "I have coffee, Mi Amore. I know how much you love it."

Kaoru peaked up at her and sighed. Of course she was wearing his favorite dress on her. Black, floor length, a bateau top so sheer it looked ripable by a single touch, and slits up the sides to mid thigh that only showed if she sat a certain way. Like she was now. And she was barefoot. She was all but treating him for his birthday and he knew it. And the longer she sat there baring her long legs the more he appreciated it.

"Coffee?"

Aminonette grinned and twisted around to grab his cup and twisted back to see him sitting up against the headboard and running a hand through his tangled black hair. She let out a happy sigh before she could stop herself and handed him his coffee cup and then moved to grab her own. She would never admit it out loud, she rarely admitted it to herself, but she loved these little moments with her friends that made up Dir En Grey. A book and a glass of wine with Shinya, watching the sunset with Die, breakfast with Toshiya, watching Kyo sketch while typing up concert reviews on her blog, and coffee with Kaoru. She lived for it each time she had the pleasure of coming on tour.

After downing half his cup of coffee Kaoru asked, "So what`s this about?"

"What`s what?" Aminonette asked with a raised eyebrow.

"Coffee and breakfast."

"Oh. Well, you mentioned how much you were dreading today and then last night you asked to be left alone so I thought I might help make today a little easier. Maybe lessen the stress or whatever you`re going through right now."

Kaoru nodded and pressed a quick kiss to her temple. "How about that breakfast?"

The pair ate in silence, occasionally stealing something off one another`s plate but never exchanged a word. Only grins of triumph when food was successfully stolen and in their mouth. After breakfast and finished coffee Kaoru eased out of bed in exchange for the bathroom only to come back and crawl under the blankets and curl up with a tired sigh.

Aminonette once again found herself rolling her eyes before before muttering, "On your back" in French.

Kaoru peered up at her curiously but shrugged and rolled onto his back, figuring she wanted to curl up and sleep with her head on his chest. Truthfully, he wasn`t much of a cuddler. But for Aminonette he`d do damn near anything and so would the rest of the band.

Though the second she straddled him and sent him a devilish grin he was taken by surprise. Sure, Aminonette could be very playful and a bit of a tease but that was mostly when she had some form of alcohol in her system. And as far as Kaoru knew she hadn`t had any yet. It was far too early for it anyway.

"Happy birthday," Aminonette sang softly before leaning down to kiss his chin.

"What are you doing?" Kaoru inquired with a slight grin.

She shrugged, "Birthday surprise I suppose."

"Should I question it or enjoy it?" He murmured when he felt her lips on the tattoo on his neck.

She sat up with a sigh. "Perhaps I just want to do something to make you happy."

"Oh you are," He assured with a chuckle.

"Then what seems to be the problem, Mi Amore?"

"You aren`t normally like this."

"No? You don`t say?"

"Alright," Kaoru murmured as he sat up, placing one hand on her hip and the other on her thigh. "I know it`s my birthday. And I know you are trying to make me happy..." He trailed off when she looked away and he gently caught her chin to make her look at him. "What`s going through your mind?"

Aminonette sighed softly, "It`s nothing bad. I`m not trying to seduce you or anything." He chuckled at that. "I just....I thought...perhaps a few kisses and some laughter would help you get out of bed today."

Kaoru found himself smiling at her explanation. She was being sweet in her own little way. She always was. "Alright," He said with a smile. "Kiss away." He laid back and grinned up at her while she laughed.

Aminonette leaned down to peck his lips after containing her laughter. "Happy birthday my old man."

"Hey! When did I become an old man?"

Laughter engulfed the room as she pulled off his shirt to expose tattooed flesh. She threw the shirt to the floor and paused to look at his tattoos and brush her fingertips across the ones on his chest. "I forget you have these." Aminonette smiled and pressed a kiss to his chin before working her way down his jaw and back to the tattoo on his neck. After a gentle nip to the words under the bat she began kiss across his neck, randomly pausing to nip and suck at the flesh. As she made her way to his Adams Apple the hotel room swung open and Toshiya and Die barged in, video camera firmly attached to the bass players hand.

"And what do we have here?" Toshiya cackled, pointing his camera at the two in bed.

"It`s his birthday," Aminonette replied matter of factly as if it was the most normal thing in the world.

Die tilted his head to the side as he asked, "And his birthday present it you?"

She bristled and sat up while Kaoru laughed beneath her and quickly grabbed her hips when she moved to get off him to go to the two snickering men. While he found them to be amusing he didn`t want her getting upset.

"Now, now. Be nice. Aminonette is not my present. Though she would make a very beautiful one," Kaoru paused when he heard her scoff but made no move to cover her reddening cheeks. "She wanted to make it easier for me to get out of bed today and you two shouldn`t upset her for it."

"Do we get the same treatment on our birthday?" Kyo inquired from the doorway with Shinya at his side.

“Only for your fortieth. And only if we`re both single,” Aminonette answered with a nod.

"And we each get different treatment, right?" Shinya asked.

"Of course. Everyone likes different things."

The guys cast each other grins while Kaoru chuckled and relaxed on the bed. It didn`t surprise him that the others wanted Aminonette to do the same to them on their birthday. She was a beautiful young woman after all. Not to mention loyal to those she cared about. That was always a good trate. Loyalty went a long way in their business.

"Aminonette!" Toshiya suddenly shouted, causing her to jump while he pointed his camera at her. "What would your father say if he caught you in such a position?"

Aminonette looked down, scanning her eyes of Kaoru and her position. She wasn`t just straddling him, she was low enough that anyone could assume.... "He can go fuck himself,” She answered with a shrug before leaning down to press kisses to Kaoru`s throat while the room erupted in laughter.

“I love her,” Die cackled while Toshiya nodded in agreement.

“I agree with you,” Kyo murmured as he walked out of the room, leaving Shinya suppressing snickers.
♠ ♠ ♠
This really should of been up in February but I didn`t have enough motivation to get it done. But it`s finally written up and done now. It`s not exactly what I planned on writing but I`m pretty happy with how it came out. Hopefully you all are too. I`d love to know what you think. Thank you!