Status: Hiya~! This story will be co-written between my and my friend (meaning there will probably be a noticeable difference 'cause she's a better writer)! I wrote Karkats P.O.V. and she did Daves.

Comfort

Dave's Perspective || Chapter Two

I stared at my ceiling blankly, tapping my long, pale fingers on my bed in a rhythmic fashion. I tried to push out all the emotions inside of me at this moment. My boyfriend, John Egbert, had just broken up with me. I honestly did get that it’s his own choice and I respected that, I really did, but that didn’t heal the fact that it still felt like I was being mutilated from the inside out. I was in love with him, I really was. He was my everything. He kept me going during the game, and even afterwards, I looked forward to seeing those bright blue eyes that always made me feel like I was looking into the afternoon sky. So bright and clear, basically perfect. Flawless. Okay, maybe he wasn’t totally flawless. The flaws he did have, though, I loved. I loved every single part of him with all my will. I don’t care how cookie-cutter, melodramatic, hormonal boy that sounds.

I softly shook my head and stood up. No time for pathetic self-pity now. I stretched out my arms towards the ceiling. I yawned from tiredness and for a moment just considered staying in my comfortable bed, but I thought that I really should check on my friends. I knew how much the game fucked some of them up. Some of them seemed out-of-it or stressed, and I was worried about all of them. I didn’t expect after the game to be easy, but it’s still hard to deal with. I sighed and walked out of my room. I slowly walked over to my friend Karkat’s room before turning the brass doorknob slowly, but walked in just to find an empty room. I sighed and decided to check the bathroom. I walked over to the bathroom and knocked on the door. I waited for the other to unlock the door. When he opened it, I noticed his eyes were red and puffy and his face was streaked with tears. The normally strong, angry person I’d known looked weak. It shocked me, I had always thought Karkat would be one of the ones to stay strong, but maybe not. I stared at him a few seconds before asking, “Dude, what’s wrong?”
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey there! I'm Hannah and I'm helping my friend make this happen. I will be writing from the perspective of Dave Strider, and I'm super excited for this! I'd love feedback and criticism! Thanks for reading!