Status: On going! :)

Parallel Lines

Tired.

Jennifer rubbed the lenses of her glasses, waiting for a person in front of Puregold Gatchalian. It was past six in the morning, and she didn’t have enough sleep last night. She had a lot of things inside her head, but she was trying to neglect all of it for now.

The morning was too cold for her to be sad; she loved cold mornings. She wore her glasses, looking at the overpass, wondering if the person she was waiting was already walking down the overpass.

From: Jey-jow.

6:13am

Hun, I’m already walking up the overpass. Good morning. C:


She closed her phone and looked on the overpass. She finally saw the boy’s head; seeing him in a crowd of people wasn’t hard at all. The boy waved at him, smiling. She sent up a smile at him, realizing it was still a bit dark that’s why it was cold.

She studied the way he dressed up that morning. He was wearing a loose shirt due to his lanky figure and a pair of shorts, his backpack hanging on his back. He waved his hair a bit, a plastic bag of McDo being carried by his other hand. She realized how stress he was.

Her heart fluttered when she saw him closely, walking down the overpass.

She took her stare away from him, grinning. It had been a while since the last time she saw him.

“Hey,” she heard him spoke up. She looked up at him, the boy was unfairly tall. She smiled at him as she replied, “Hey, giant,”

He released his phone and checked what was already the time. It was already 6:20 in the morning; he knew she needed to go to school now.

“Should I stop a jeep for you?” He asked, waving the hair on her forehead, “But I want to ride the FX with you…”

She shrugged her shoulders, “Jeep. I only have seven pesos in my pocket, the rest is already too big and I can’t –“

He shook his head, dragging her to the nearest vacant FX that was waiting, “Nope, I’ll pay for it,”
he opened the door, pushing her a bit, “Get in.”

“Hey!” she hissed.

The tall boy laughed, watching her go inside. She fixed the sweater she was wearing and took her wallet from her bag. Jereek raised an eyebrow at her, placing his hand on the zipper of her bag.

“I said,” he took his wallet and released a hundred bucks, “I’ll pay for it. Since when are you going to get used to it?”

“Until you finally stop paying for me all the time,” She slapped his hand away from her bag, “You know I hate it when people pay for me.”

He paid for the two them and received the change. He smiled at the girl, keeping his voice low as possible to refrain from waking the other passengers, “I’m not just one of those people; I’m your boyfriend, and I believe I’m going to spoil you as much as I can.”

She puckered her lips in annoyance, “You always say that.”

“And I know you don’t get tired hearing it, so have this as a reward,” he gave her the plastic bag of McDo. She looked at the plastic bag, then back to him. Why couldn’t he stop spending so much money? She thought, pushing it to him.

She looked at him with bore eyes, “You need that more. You should look how much a zombie looking you are right now.”

“Nope,” he shook his head, placing the plastic bag on her lap, “I’m good. I know you skip breakfasts a lot, and we’re not the same.” He leaned, resting his back. Finally the vehicle was already in front SM Sucat.

She let out a sigh, losing the fight with him. She took a look inside of the plastic bag; there were pancakes, a cup of hot choco and a hashbrown. She smiled, and glanced at him. He had his eyes closed, facing her. She grinned, flicking his nose.

She watched as he grinned, braces were already off and kept his eyes close. “You know, I’m wishing you’ll pass La Salle’s entrance exam. So it won’t be hard to see you anymore.” He smiled at her.

“Yeah,” she chuckled, trying to lower her voice, ”Plus, it’s my dream school, ya know. “

He nodded, “I know you can do it. If by chance you won’t pass, it will be fine. I’ll still find a way to meet you.”

“Do you remember,” he spoke up, “The first time we met?”

She shifted her stare at him, raising an eyebrow, “Uh yep. It was the day you accidentally bumped to me and I was handling all of my coloring materials…”

“Yep,” he chuckled, “Have you realized that if I weren’t actually looking for you that time and if you weren’t talking to Patricia, we wouldn’t officially meet?”

She bit her bottom lip, “Yeah, and you’ll end up with Germaine?” she grinned, “That crazy girl, haha..”

“And I can’t believe, it has been two years,” He waved her hair away from her face, “And I still want to spend the rest with you.”

She took her glance away from him, trying to hold her squeal inside. She already knew she was blushing by the way the blood rose up to her cheeks. She hid it by yawning, earning a pinch on one of her cheeks by Jereek.

“You’re blushing,” he grinned, “Nigga, you’re blushing!” he grunted under his breath, proud of himself.

She glared at him, cheeks still red, “Get off my ass, Jereek.”

“I love you too,” he chuckled, looking out the window, “You’re near. Ready your stuff.”

She looked out the door as well; it was already in front of the post office. She grabbed her bag closer to her chest as she said, “Oh, bye.”

“Bye.” He gave her a smile, “Text me if you’re already there, brown eyes. Okay?”

She was a bit stunned hearing his nickname for her. He never called her that nickname, only Jarod did. Maybe he was just refraining from using the word ‘hun ‘ in public? She shrugged her thoughts away when Jereek told the driver to stop.

He opened the door, since he was closer. He went out, letting Jen went out. He easily pulled her, placing a kiss on her head.

“See you later,” he smiled, and went inside the vehicle.

She waved and started to walk down the uneven road, almost bumping unto an elementary student. For that moment with him, she forgot all the problems she was carrying.

He was her runaway.

-

“You cut with Jarod because…?”

“I was bored,” She answered honestly, laying her head on her desk, “Nothing really, just took a break while I still can. Cause in college, I won’t ever cut.”

Jen, her friend, nodded as she laughed, “You look very restless, how are you?”

“Had the talk with Jereek last night,” she smiled, “We talked for 2 hours, and I never expected that it would be goddamned tiring as hell. I got home by 9. Luckily, he asked permission from my parents – and I don’t know a thing about that.”

Her friend nodded, fixing the reply slips their classmates passed to her. “How did it go?”

“Good,” she smiled, “We’re finally okay. I know this…”

“You gave him his third chance?”

The two shifted their eyes to the person who spoke. It was Jarod who just came, dropping his bag on the desk beside Jennifer Iris’. She let out a sigh and said, “I did.”

“How are you then?” he asked, leaning closer so he could hear their conversation.

“Am I stupid?” she asked him, “Am I stupid, Jarod?”

The boy looked down at her, eyes shifting from her new sweater, letting his finger brush against it, “You’re not. If we’re starting this talk now, no, you’re not stupid. If you think that’s what he deserve…” he trailed, flicking her tongue, “Then you’re not stupid.”

She nodded, burying her face on her palms, “I promise, this is the last straw.”

“Now start the story,” Her friend, Jen, spoke up.

“I cried,” she chuckled, “a lot. I cried when he told me he was sorry. I cried okay,” she rubbed her head, “But I said everything. He told me he was with a friend when I saw him in Starbucks MoA. He told me that he was recklessly drunk that time and he was pouring his throat with fuck tons of coffee to keep himself awake. Her friend name Kaitlyn stayed with him until he felt sober. He confessed he saw me when I caught him with her. She was practically rubbing a damped handkerchief around his mouth and his whole face. And it hurt so much when,” she trailed, trying to catch her breath, “It hurt when I saw him kissed her forehead. That time, he saw the way I cried and tried to catch up with me. But I was already inside the taxi with my cousin,”

“I don’t know,” she continued, “I can’t confess to him that I can’t help the hurt I’m feeling inside whenever he kisses the top of my forehead. It was killing me inside. He was killing me inside.”

She rubbed her nose, trying not to cry, “That’s it.”

“It’ll be fine, brown eyes,” he said, tapping her shoulder, “ Try to tell him that so it won’t eat you inside.”

She nodded, smiling at him, “I will.”

“Now let me cheer you up,” the tall boy grinned at him, “Stop crying, you ass. I don’t like you being sentimental.”

She hissed at him, “Fuck you, I don’t like you too.”

The tall boy stopped laughing, letting out a weird laugh, “Yeah right, I don’t like you too. Get off my filthy ass, Jennifer Iris.”

“Like I was in your ass, Jarod,” she rolled her eyes. “You like me so goddamned much you put me inside your ass.” She laughed, throwing a candy wrapper from her pocket to his face.

“Seriously Jarod,” Her friend, Jennifer said, “It was better when both of you were actually cutting classes. It was more peaceful.”

The two grunted at her, making her laugh.

-

Jennifer sneezed, her head practically twirling. Maybe the reason why she felt cold early this morning was because she was about to get sick. She buried her face on the table, murmuring curses. She never liked being sick.

“Hey,” Jarod said, “Go to the clinic, you need to take some rests. You were exhausted last night.”

She shrugged her shoulders, “No, jesus, it’s already the last subject, I can take care of myself for another hour, it’s fine.”

“Then I’ll write the essay Sir Angelo wants us to write for you,” He grabbed a one whole sheet from his fluorescent bag, “What do you want me to write?”

She took the paper and replied, “No, I’ll do mine. Aren’t you going to make yours? Ma’am said it was graded.”

“I don’t care,”He shrugged, taking the paper away from her. “Now lie your head on your desk, look at me and tell me what I’ll write.”

She smiled, “Thank you.”

“Don’t mention it,” he grinned, pinching her cheeks, “God, you’re really really hot. You seriously need some rest.”

She smirked at him, leaning her head on her desk, “I know, I’m hot, Jarod. No need to rub it in.”

He hissed, “Just rest! I’ll do this for you then check if it’s fine.”

“Are you sure?” she raised her eyebrow at him, “I can seriously make it.”

He nodded, pushing her head on her desk, “I’ll write this for you because you cut with me yesterday. And probably that’s one of the reasons you’re sick right now.”

“Thank you, tall guy,” she said, slurring as she placed her head on her desk. “Thank you so much.”

The tall guy watched as she fell asleep. He twisted his head and wrote her paper for her, tapping his HBW ballpen on the table. Instead of actually writing the paper, he had his eyes on her. He watched the way she rubbed her nose, making him smile.

Topic: How Teens Actually Fall Out of Love

Jennifer Marie Iris
IV – St. Luke

Teens these days are mostly in to getting in relationships. As a girl who’s currently in a relationship, I can simply say it isn’t easiest thing that one could enter. Relationship with an opposite sex is hard if it’s your first time, and base on my experience, it’s harder to let go. Indeed, there are struggles and these struggles are the key for your relationship to grow stronger and tougher.

You know it’s love when…


He stopped writing and stared at her. This is easy, he spoke under his breath and finished the whole essay so he could pass it already.

Jennifer woke up by the time he was already passing the essay to sir. She rubbed her eyes, and looked at Jarod who already sat beside her. She smiled, pinching the bridge of his nose, “Thank you!”

She never expected this boy to actually write the whole essay for her. She was simply glad she knew this boy because who would have thought, Jarod, the person she truly abhorred in her first week of senior year, was already one of her closest friends inside the room.

Maybe she was just really rude to start with.

But she would never expect someone will actually accept her easily.
♠ ♠ ♠
-