Status: On going! :)

Parallel Lines

Leave.

“I trust you enough not to worry.” As she said those words, the braiding stopped. Thinking the boy doubted her, she turned her face to his presence, giving him an assuring smile.

After she smiled, she returned and lied silently on the cold bed, feeling the warmth of his presence on her back, not touching. She realized how the atmosphere changed but maybe it was just her silly thoughts?

The mattress lowered, she looked at her back and saw Jarod rose up and went straight to the comfort room. She blinked, curious with how he reacted. She glimmered and stared at the comfort room’s door, hearing the sound of running water.

She chuckled, maybe he couldn’t take his feeling anymore, eh?

As soon as the door of the comfort room opened, Jennifer was already sitting on the edge of the bed, facing him with a smirk on her mouth.

Jarod squinted his eyes on her, “What, girly?”

“You could have at least told me,” she stated, grinning, “that you couldn’t handle it anymore. No need to run to the bathroom so you can hide it.”

The boy rolled his eyes on her, as she laughed loudly. He walked to the bed and said, “Well… It’s not my fault I couldn’t speak anymore.”

She studied the clothes he changed into: a blue faded shirt and a big white loose shorts. Locks of his hair were scattered, bouncing as he walked. She never looked attractive to him yet, that height that he had added points.

“I think I need to go now,” She spoke up, fixing the collar of her uniform. She stood in front of him; their heights were almost the same. She wiped the hair that fell on his shoulder as she saluted, “I, Jennifer, need to go, sir.”

He looked down at her, nodding, “Alright. Julius and Nicky may see you here.”

“Though I have a problem,” She rubbed the back of her neck. Out of stupidity, how could she forget the fact that she didn’t know this place and how to get to school? She still had her bag there. “I don’t know how to go back, Jarod.”

The boy easily nodded at her, grabbing his wallet on the table. Wait, no way?!

“Not a problem, I’ll accompany you there.”

She shook her head, raising her hands and waving it on his face, “No, no! Hey, I don’t want to disturb you anymore. Plus, you still have guests to come.”

“No,” he opened the door to the comfort room, facing the mirror, “Well, I can’t just let a girl commute by herself in an unknown place.” He fixed his hair and opened the faucet, sprinkling his hair with water. “Plus, those two can stay and wait for me downstairs. They’re pretty much used to it.”

She worriedly placed her hair in a bun, grabbing her pocket to look for some coins. “Uh, how much is the trike?”

“I got it,” he replied, closing the door and going straight to the door of his room. “Let’s go?”

Startled, she pulled him away from the door, “No, just tell me what jeep to take and I’m fine.”

She looked up at Jarod, watching as he let out a sigh, shaking his head, “I’m serious,” he grabbed her arm, “Cavite is dangerous, brown eyes. You don’t know this place so I’m offering myself to drop you at school with your intestines still inside of you, ‘right?”

“Fine,” she pushed him away, completely giving up, “How much is trike again?” she asked as she exited the room.

He closed the door behind him as he replied, “On me. I promised, remember?”

She raised her hand on his face, shutting him off, “Fine, fine. I’m sorry I’m the main cause you’re losing money, okay? I’m sorry.”

She was worried that he might have no extra money anymore since he told her earlier that his allowance was given weekly. She shouldn’t have let him use his money.

The tall boy laughed, high-fiving her hand away from his face, “Whatever, I promised. So I shall do it.”

“But what if you don’t have money anymore?”

He waved his hand, chuckling, “Don’t worry about that. That’s going to be my problem because I’m sure I’m the one who dragged you here, so let’s go?”

-

“Okay so practically,” Jennifer laughed, trying to catch air, “You’re going to school wearing a boxer? Dude, I thought you were wearing shorts!”

She watched as he looked down on his crotch, raising an eyebrow, “Like school gives a fuck, brown eyes. Where do you want me to leave you?”

“I don’t know,” she shrugged, “Maybe on the side of the church. Anywhere close really, I’ll be fine.”

He shook his head, “Oh wait no, I can’t leave you. I will never.”

She raised an eyebrow at him, chuckling, “You skunk! You’re flirting with me, god, stop!” she made a weird face, making Jarod laugh.

“That’s what real men say!” He glared at her, and smirked down at her.

“I don’t care,” she snorted, laughing, “Go flirt with Fatima with your boxer on, that’s what real men do! They speak with their dicks! Oh wait no, they’re actually dicks!”

Jarod laughed at what she said, ruining her hair, making her groan, “I’m going to kick your ass, Jarod!” she pinched his arm, and fixed her hair. Seriously, what was with my hair?!

“If you’re not anything related to me,” He stated, “I have probably pushed you out of this jeep.”

She shrugged her shoulder like it wouldn’t be a problem and looked at him, “Then I’ll drag you with me.”

He rolled his eyes at her, making her laugh. She couldn’t believe what just happened that day but she was very much sure she would remember all of these.

-

She carried her bag with her outside the campus, as Jarod checked his phone. After she finally looked up at him and said, “Thank you for this day, Jarod. Really.”

He sat on the waiting shed, as he smiled, “Thanks to you too, Jen. I may have been an ass for almost the whole day but I’m glad you enjoyed cutting with me.”

She laughed, nodding her head, “Yeah. Cut again soon, yeah?” She grinned, stating it as a joke.

“Whenever you want to, sure.” He smirked, “So you can finally meet my mother.”

She rolled her eyes at the boy and smiled. Honestly, she didn’t want to go home yet. Sure, it was already six in the evening but her mother already needed her.

“So,” she pointed to her back, “I should go now.”

He stood up, “Let’s go now. So you can safely ride a jeep.”

When they were about to walk in front of the campus gates, they heard a person calling Jennifer’s name.

Jennifer knew whose voice was that.

She swore she couldn’t bring herself to look at him.

“Jen,” the person called, his breathing a bit harsh from running.

She looked at her back, and there he was. She glanced back at Jarod and sent him an apologetic smile, knowing that she needed to talk to him and couldn’t let this issue pass for another week.

She stared at the other tall boy, who was wearing his green polo shirt and simple maong pants, carrying a black backpack. There were black bags under his eyes, seemingly tired.

“Jereek,” she spoke, “Um, I’ll just walk my frie – “

“No,” Jarod argued, “I’m fine. I should go now.”

She nodded, said her goodbyes to him and watched him go. She couldn’t look at Jereek straight because she might end up crying. She took a deep breath before she shifted her eyes at him.

“Hi,” she muttered.

The tall boy moved closer to her and engulfed her in a hug.

“I’m sorry.” He said, his chin on top of her head, as he tried to plant a kiss on her head. She didn’t answer. She let him talk before she could choke him on her feelings for him.

Because maybe she was already tired hearing his sorry.

Because maybe his sorry always ended up getting choke on his own lies.

“Please don’t get tired of me.” She heard him spoke, “I was just feeling miserable lately. And I need you to calm me.”

She felt her heart hurt, because he never knew the power he had on her. The power of making her feel shit and happy at the same time, and she knew he was abusing that power.

And at that moment, she didn’t know there were already two people hurting.

Not just the boy in front of him.

But the boy, who she thought had already gone home, was actually still watching.

Making sure if she were okay.

Because her eyes screamed help when she said her goodbyes to him.
♠ ♠ ♠
hi