Status: (Ongoing story.)

Moons Silver Promise

Serena's First Kiss

Chapter Two: Serena's First Kiss.

Sometime later Serena woke up in total darkness, her eyes were burning even in the darkness too many hours of crying. Sighing she lifted herself up from her bed and made her way blindly to her balcony. Pulling open the double doors Serena's skin met the cool night. Looking down at her thin arms she noticed chill bumps lifting up. She knew she should go grab something to avoid the cold but she found herself not caring at the moment. Her whole world was now being threatened. She didn't know why nor did she personally care. The one thing she had always bragged to other Princesses or other high born ladies was her freedom in choosing her husband and own future, now she was just like them. Forced into a marriage with something she hated. Loathed with every fiber of her being...she had for a long year. Yes she had started to hate Endymion of Earth the eve of her sixteenth birthday. The very first time he stole something from her. Her first kiss. Seething violently Serena fisted her hands into the silk of her dress, feeling the material give under the pressure. A whole year and she could still remember everything so vividly it had seemed like it was still in motion. Still happening.

Flash Back: One Year Ago: Moon Kingdom, Gardens.

Serena dashed out of the ballroom ducking behind a group of servants as she made her way quickly out to the gardens. Panting hard as she tried to hurry without being noticed. For she knew if her mother caught her out there she would just be paraded out more. Made to dance hours on end with every available (and some not) man in the room. Once she was finally alone Serena slipped off her heels and sank her bare toes into the dew soaked grass. Her eyes fluttered closed. As always the contact of the moon filtered through her skin and made her feel at ease. Sitting as still as a statue she never even noticed the bench she was occupying become more crowded as a man sat next to her, angled away from her with his back against the marble column of the awning. It was only when the bare brush of his mouth made contact with her ear and a husky whisper rang out against her skin did she notice.
"Is the little lamb alone?" He asked. In two seconds Serena had her hands in his hair yanking him down to her knee where she slammed his face against said knee. In the next flash she was standing up breathing heavily. Not wanting to back down she stood her ground. However she knew instantly that she should have fled. For once she saw the dark blue eyes that were highlighted with silver flecks she immediately became entranced by them, her whole body tensed and her breathing became slow and shaky. "Should make you kiss my wound to make up for that....but fuck I deserved it" He muttered darkly (Serena swore she saw a smirk when she flinched at that curse) and rose a brow as he straighten up. "I am sorry Princess. You just looked so alone and lost so I tried to snap you out of it.....rudely and failed at doing it funny but I do apologize" He said even softer as he glanced over her figure and held out his hand. One even by sight she knew would dwarf her own.
For five seconds she wondered what he saw in her, his look was so focused and predatory she was baffled at why her. Only five foot four she was quite tiny. Her figure was thin and sharp unlike all her guardians who were perfect figures of gorgeousness. Her hair in her eyes made her stick out like a sore thumb. Too silvery and shiny in the lights to keep some ones attention. Her eyes were too big for her face and she knew that many people were scared by them. All in all Serena judged herself harshly knowing every fault perfectly so she could not understand why HE would be watching her like she was a glass of water to a man coming out of a desert for endless months. Instinctively Serena stepped back trying to get into a comfort zone but his hand that had still been hanging out latched onto her thin wrist that had a gold bracelet dangling off it and rubbed his thumb over her palm.
"Princess I am not going to hurt you" He said and smiled charmingly "I risk far too much with your mother on top of never being able to live with myself for hurting you...it goes against my code of honor" He said and smiled more "Forgive me once again I never introduced myself. I am Prince Darien...well Endymion but I like the former much better" He said and kissed her knuckles gently before finally releasing her hand.

Serena felt a cold chill go down her spine as her eyes travelled down his features. Even sitting down she knew he would dwarf her. Six foot Minimum. With very muscular features; strong shoulders and chest, with a tapered waist and strong legs. Yes she could tell all that despite all the armor he wore. His hands were heavily callused. It showed he fought a lot....and well. His face was strong, heavy cheek bones and slightly sunken cheeks. His nose had been broken a few times. His lips were full, almost like her own. The only word that could describe them was sinful. But as she first noticed it was his eyes that drew her in, well that and the full head of midnight black hair that fell around carelessly. The hair only highlighted the eyes, lazy and predatory. Long black eyelashes that seemed to shadow the eyes even more. Most would probably look at him and think sex. But Serena saw him as dangerous. To anyone who he deemed worthy of hurting. Clearing her throat she smiled royally. Teeth showing, head tilted down as she caught his eyes.
"The Earth Prince....rumor was you were engaged to the Princess of one your countries. Was I wrong?" She said softly probing for the info. Not knowing why she actually cared. He was an Earth Prince....Marriage wise they were lowest of the totem pole. Darien chuckled darkly and looked away at a reflection pool, his eyes a darker color. Angry and tense after clearing his throat he gave a light nod
"I was...until she fucked anyone who walked in my doors besides my faithful generals" He said acidly and turned on her making Serena flinch. Her eyes drifted down to his feet as she tried to not cry. Not knowing why she was so emotional around him. He sighed softly, barely audible to her ears as he slipped his hand across her throat until he cupped the back of her head
"Princess, I apologize it's a sore subject, I hated the girl from the start. Being made a fool of just made it worse" He said even softer than his sigh leaning in his lips were half an inch from hers. She looked up suddenly and her cheeks were ignited in a fire. No man had ever been that close to her. None.
"It's....fine I suppose I would understand if my fiancée cheated" Darien flinched at that, making Serena wonder what had triggered that reaction.

"If any man cheated on you darling....I'd personally kill him" He said his tone was smooth and silky. Like she was a skittish animal that he was trying to coax into eating from his hand so he could claim victory. Her lips became a tight frown as she bit her tongue from attacking him. She was losing a battle against herself. Her mind told her to argue with anything he said and her body told her to give in. Strip herself bare and give into the fiery desire she had begun to feel ever since her eyes locked with his. Serena shuddered and pulled away, Darien made a grunt of annoyance as he yanked her in closer she was now on his lap perched on his knees. "Don't get any ideas....I'm just testing something" He muttered and lowered his mouth onto hers as his hands slid into her hair. There was only one thing that came to her mind at that kiss; Mind-blowing he was firm and soft at the same time. Powerful and gentle, he gave no room for her to take over he just gave. Serena moaned at the feeling of his teeth grazing her bottom lip, seeking entrance into her mouth. She knew what he was doing even though she had never experienced it. She chuckled gently as her hands cupped his jaw giving him what he gave. She rubbed herself sensually into him. Her breasts were crushed against his armor making Darien growl even more just as Serena felt her lip gush blood....He had bitten her? No it was just him being too rough. Not that she actually cared. It just made that fire build up in her and want more. But the parts of her she knew she should deny weren’t satisfied; her clothes and his armor were just objects in the way of what she wanted. Or at least what she thought she wanted, thoughts of what she knew to be right and those she knew to be wrong were warring in her mind causing a distant but sharp pain to begin. Just as her eyes finally gave in to the battle of closing she heard a voice that sent everything to a screeching halt. That of her mother.

“And dear Prince of Earth what are you doing with my daughter…I know I haven’t found myself mistaken and forgotten some marriage proposal for her hand in marriage. Because it is the last thing you shall ever get. My Kingdom will burn into yours before you even see my daughter again.” Serenity’s words were cold and they were the last thing Serena heard before the whistling of the wind that was her being ripped away from the Earth Prince assaulted her ears just as the ground met painfully under her bottom. Looking up at her mother as she narrowed down on the Prince all she could do was watch, helplessly lost in the desire to be a good daughter and the desire to help someone out against her mother. Darien was the first person to ever go toe to toe with her mother, glaring right back at her the two exchanged hissed whispers which seemed to go on endlessly before a red rose was slashed to the ground and the Prince vanished into thin air. Leaving her helplessly alone with her mother.

“Serena dear, I am so sorry that he did that to you. Used those horrible powers of his to abuse and twist your mind into thinking you wanted that.” Her mother said softly, her eyes shone with something new. Something dangerously new that Serena couldn’t yet comprehend, how little she knew and how dangerous that was for her. “I promise…he will never again be in your path. I assure you of that my darling…” her mother said in that same cautious and overly wary voice before she strode from the gardens. Never once giving look to the sight of the first heartbreak her daughter would ever have.

End of Flashback