Status: Inactive, being re-written.

Something's Gotta Give - Original Verison

Coming Home

Skye's Point of View

The day had finally come for my brother Alex and the rest of his band to come home. I was beyond excited and so was my daughter Elizabeth. I was trying to get the place ready for when Alex walked through the door. Elizabeth was watching some cartoons while I started to clean. My boyfriend Kellin was getting ready to leave for his tour so he was with his band getting last minute things done. It seemed like time was going fast because before I knew it, it was almost time for Alex to be home. I was starting dinner when Elizabeth walked into the kitchen.

"Mama, when is Uncle Alex gonna be here?" she asked.

"Soon," I told her.

“How soon?" she asked.

"Soon, baby girl. Now go play with some of your toys in your room and time will go faster," I coaxed her.

Elizabeth sighed and walked down the hall to her room. I put the chicken on a cooking pan and seasoned it then put it in the oven. I set the timer for thirty five minutes. It was four thirty and Alex told me he would be here around six. I walked out to the living room and started to clean it up. Living with a two year old certainly wasn’t easy. Luckily she never hit the terrible twos that badly. She had her moments but what kid hasn’t?

I grabbed the vacuum and started to clean up the crumbs Elizabeth had left from her snack. After that I cleaned up the bathroom. I went and checked on Elizabeth who had decided to color instead of play with her toys and then I went back to making dinner. The chicken was almost done so I put the mac and cheese on and I heard the front door open. I peeked out of the kitchen to see it was just Kellin. Elizabeth ran out of her room and looked sad when she realized it was just her dad. She made a pouty face and turned back around and went back to her room. Kellin looked sad and I laughed.

"She's been like this all day, don't take it to heart," I explained.
"Someone's pretty excited to see their uncle, huh?" he semi-laughed.

I nodded and gave him a kiss. He went to shower and I finished up dinner. I grabbed plates, forks and knifes and put them on the table. The oven went off and I took the chicken out. I put a piece on each plate. I cut up Elizabeth's into tiny pieces and then put some mac and cheese on her plate. I got her a cup of milk and called her into the kitchen. I looked at the time and it was just about time for Alex to be home. Kellin joined us in a few moments. We made small talk and then the front door opened. Before I could even tell Elizabeth to wait she was already at the door.

"Uncle Alex!" she cheered at the top of her lungs.

"Munchkin!" we heard Alex yell back.

Kellin and I joined the both of them and I gave my brother a hug.

"We missed you," I said.

"I missed you guys, too. What smells so good?" he greeted.

"I made dinner for us all. Your plate is just waiting for you," I told him.

We all went back to the kitchen and sat back down. Alex told us all about tour as we finished dinner. Alex went to take a shower before going to see his girlfriend Isabel. Elizabeth curled up on the couch with Kellin and I cleaned up the kitchen. I joined them and they were watching Winnie the Pooh. Elizabeth was getting tired so I knew she would be falling asleep soon.

"So how was your day?" Kellin asked.

"Good but busy, you?" I replied.

"Good. Everything is ready for tour. We leave in the morning," Kellin said casually.

"Wait what, it got moved up? I thought you weren't leaving until Friday?" I asked, shocked.

"I texted you earlier and told you. I thought you read it," he told me.

"I haven't checked my phone all day," I said.

I sighed and ran a hand through my hair. I was not expecting this. I was going to say something but Alex walked out with something in is hand. I noticed it looked like a ring box.

"Skye, I need you to look at this and tell me what you think about it," Alex said, coming to stand next to me.

I took the box from him and opened it. It was a beautiful ring.

"Alex, it's beautiful… Are you going to ask Isabel to marry you?" I asked him.

"That's the plan," he said with smile. “We’ve been together for a long time now. I love her, she’s great. I just really think she’s the one for me.”

Kellin looked at the ring and urged, "Well what are you waiting for? Go ask her!"

Alex returned the smile I flashed and was out the door. The room got silent after that. The movie finished and Elizabeth was fast asleep. Kellin picked her up and took her to her room. I went to my room and changed into pajamas. I got into my bed and waited for Kellin to join me. He walked in a few moments later. He got into bed and looked at me.

"You're mad," he said.

"I'm not mad, just upset," I denied.

"I'm sorry, but I tried to tell you," he defended himself.

"You could've called. You know I would've answered that," I answered.

Kellin sighed. "I'm not about to argue with you."

"I don't want to argue either," I said.

"Then let's just drop it. I leave tomorrow and there's nothing I can do about it," he said.

I was getting angry with him. It was like he didn’t even care. I threw the covers off of me and got up.

"Whatever. I’m going to sleep on the couch," I told him shortly.

I grabbed my pillow and a throw blanket and walked out of my room. I got comfy on the couch and fell fast asleep. I woke up when I heard the front door open. The first thing I noticed was the smell of alcohol. I sat up and turned the lamp on next to me. Alex was taken by surprise at this.

"Alex? What's wrong?" I asked.

Alex didn't answer at first. I could hear him sniffling. Like he was about to cry or had been crying.

"Lex?" I said quietly.

"She cheated,” was all he said.

The look on his face was of heartbreak and hurt. Isabel had cheated and the worst part about it was he wanted to marry her. I got up and gave him a hug.

"I'm so sorry, Lex." I tried to comfort him.

Alex hugged me for a long time and when he finally let go he sighed. "I'm going to go to bed.”

I nodded and watched my brother walk to his room. If this was anything like his break up with any of his exes, I knew this wasn't going to be good. I laid back down on the couch and sighed. Tomorrow was a new day and hopefully I could get Alex to tell me the rest of the story. I closed my eyes and sleep came back quickly.
♠ ♠ ♠
So after a long hiatus, Jen and I have finally started writing again and we're very excited to be continuing Lost in Stereo. Hopefully those of you that read that will continue with us on the rest of our journey with Skye, Jade, and the guys.
If you enjoyed this chapter, please comments, recommend, and subscribe!