Status: Inactive, being re-written.

Something's Gotta Give - Original Verison

Feelings Revealed

Skye's Point of View

I woke up the next morning with a pounding headache. I saw that Jade had left some water and aspirin on the end table next to the bed. I took it and lay back down. I closed my eyes and tried to go back to sleep. There was a knock on the door a few moments later.

"Go away," I moaned.

"Skye, it's me," I heard Alex say.

He didn't wait for me to answer he walked into the room. He looked at me with a concerned expression on his face. He sat in one of the chairs across the bed.

"Care to explain to me what the fuck happened last night?" he demanded.

"I don't want to talk about it," I told him.

"You have a daughter now, you can't go off the crazy train now," he stressed.

"Don't tell me how to parent, Alex. I've been doing this for two and a half years," I snapped.

"And you can't go back to the way you used to be," he said.

"Alex, I’m not stupid, just leave me alone," I complained.

"Skye, please talk to me," he said.

"I said leave,” I told him.

I pulled the covers over my head and heard Alex sigh and then leave. I got up and locked the door so he couldn't enter again without me having to let him in. I was still tired so I decided to take a little nap. A few hours had passed and I was woken up to knocking on the door. It didn’t stop so I got slightly angry and went over and unlocked the door. I saw Alex and Jade standing there. They tried to get me to talk but I wouldn't. I still had a killer headache so Alex gave me some more aspirin and water. Jade handed me some new clothes and Alex ordered me to go shower. I took a long one at that. I wasn't ready to face anyone. The water started to get cold so I hopped out. I dried myself off and got dressed. I looked at myself in the mirror. I sighed knowing I had screwed up. I threw my hair up in a messy bun and headed downstairs. I saw Alex and Jade sitting on the couch. I felt sick all of a sudden and my head started to pound again.

"I need to lie down," I said.

Alex led me out to his car and helped me lay down in the back seat. I could hear talking outside and then Alex got into the car. The ride home was silent and it was somewhat awkward. I didn't like leaving my brother in the dark with my problems but this one I had to figure out on my own. Or at least not drag him into it. He had enough on his mind and I didn't want him to worry about me anymore than he already was. We got home and went inside. I went to lie down for a few more hours. When I woke up I went out to the living room. Alex was making something because it smelled really good. I saw Alex watching something on the TV so I went to join him. I sat on the opposite end of the couch as Alex.

"Where's Elizabeth?" I asked.

"Jack and Jade have her for the day," he answered.

I nodded. I knew Elizabeth was in good hands then. The oven beeped and Alex got up. I heard him moving around in the kitchen. He finally came out with two plates and drinks. He had made chicken tenders and some fries.

"Figured you'd be hungry," he said.

"Thanks," I replied.

We mostly ate in silence, making small talk here and there. Hours passed and I started to get tired. I excused myself and went to bed. I woke up a few hours later to people talking. I heard Jade and Jack. They must've finally dropped Elizabeth off. I heard someone walking down the hall and going to Elizabeth's room. The footsteps walked past again and I crawled out of bed. I made sure the coast was clear and I walked into Elizabeth's room. She was sleeping and I sat down on her bed. I saw her eyes open and she looked at me.

"Hi baby," I said,

"Mommy, I missed you," she said.

"I missed you, too. Did you have fun today?" I asked her.

"Mhm, Uncle Jack took me to the zoo and I drew you a picture," she replied.

She grabbed it from her nightstand and handed it to me. I looked at and smiled. I gave her a kiss on her forehead.

"Go back to sleep, I love you," I told her.

"I love you too, Mommy," she answered.

I got off her bed and walked out of her room. I walked down the hallway and into the kitchen. I put the photo on the fridge.

"Hey stranger," Jack said.

"Oh hey, what are you doing here?" I asked him.

"Alex wanted to grab a drink so Jade went with him," Jack said,

"Oh cool," I nodded.

"How are you feeling?" he asked.

"Better," I replied.

"That's good," he said.

I nodded and grabbed a cup. I put some ice in it and got some water.

"Look about last night," I started.

"It's fine," he cut in.

"No, it's not fine. I was stupid and I hate that you had to find me like that.” I shook my head.

"You've been under a lot of stress lately, it happens.” He shrugged.

"How can you be so calm about this? Alex was so angry," I told him.

"Well, because I'm not him," he finally said.

"I'm such a screw up. I wish I could just erase these last couple of days. Just forget about it all. Forget about Zack. Forget about Kellin. Just forget everything," I confided.

I was starting to get worked up. Jack could see it. He came over and hugged me. I started to cry. Jack walked me over to the couch and I calmed down.

"Did you and Kellin break up?" he asked finally.

I nodded.

"I’m sorry," he said.

"Don't be, I deserve it. He figured out I cheated and he wanted to work things out but I wasn't willing to. He was so harsh yesterday, like it was the end of the world that he had to go to the DNA testing. He threw a fit because Elizabeth was afraid of the needle. She's just a kid and he doesn't see that. He's too wrapped up in all of his shit to realize it," I ranted.

"Well, I think Elizabeth is an amazing little girl. She's so smart and yet she's still so young. All the pictures she draws me I put on the fridge so that when she comes over she can see that I treasure them," he told me.

"Well, thanks. She really does love you. She told me all about her adventures with you today," I replied.

"Anytime you ever need a break I can take her and watch her for a few hours or you can just come hang out at my place. I'm sure Jade would love that," he offered.

"Thanks," I said.

"Anytime. I mean it. I'm here for you. All of us are," he assured me.

"I know. God, why is it so hard to find someone that understands me like you do?" I said.

"Well maybe because it's always been in front of you and you just haven't seen it," he told me.

I didn't have to ask him what he meant. I knew and Jack was right. He was always there for me. I always knew he had a crush on me but I didn't think it was something so serious. I didn't know what to say.

"I, uh, I’m going to go bed," I said awkwardly.

"Look, Skye, I’m sorry, I didn't mean to make this weird," he rushed.

"No, no, you didn't, I just don't know what to say," I said.

"That's okay," he said, looking down.

"Look, Jack, I just got out of a two year relationship. I just need time. I'm not saying no, I just think if you do this we need to just take it slow. Not jump right into it," I told him.

"I understand that.” He nodded.

"Why don't we just watch some stupid corny movie and laugh at all the dumb jokes?" I suggested, trying to make things better.

"Sure," he agreed.

I laid my head down on Jack's leg and stretched out on the couch. Jack decided on the movie Caddyshack. I couldn't help but laugh.

"What?" he complained.

"Isn't this the movie that you sing the song from?" I asked. “The ‘I was born to love you’ one?”

"Maybe…” he smiled.

I chuckled and before I could say anything the movie started. One movie turned into a whole bunch. I don't know how many we had watched but at one point I fell asleep. Things were going to get better it just might take some time.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys! We'd love it if you'd comment/subscribe/recommend!