Status: Inactive, being re-written.

Something's Gotta Give - Original Verison

Results

Skye's Point of View

After Jack and Jade left I gave Alex the death glare.

"What the hell was that for?!" I demanded.

"I don't know, you were really close to him. Did anything happen between you two?" Alex asked.

"Nothing happened, Alex. I told him I just needed a friend and that's what he is. Just a friend," I told him.

"Okay, I believe you," he said, letting it drop.

"So how was your night?" I asked, thankful for a subject change.

"It was good," he answered simply.

"That's good," I nodded.

Alex nodded back and my phone started to go off. I excused myself from the living room and answered the call.

"Hello?" I answered.

"Hi Skye, this is Elizabeth's doctor. I'm calling about the DNA test she had done the other day. We have the results," she said.

"Oh good," I said.

"She is one hundred percent Kellin's daughter," she told me.

I smiled since I’d known that all along and said, "Okay, thank you."

"You can pick up the paperwork or I can call Mr. Merrick and tell him," she said.

"I can pick them up and tell him," I replied. “I’ll be over shortly.”

"Okay, I'll see you soon," she said.

We said our goodbyes and I went to grab some clothes to take a shower. I saw Alex coloring with Elizabeth so I knew I was okay to take a quick one. I took a fast shower and got dressed. I brushed my hair out and then walked back to the living room. Alex gave me a weird look.

"Someone's happy?" he asked.

"The doctor called and has the DNA results," I explained.

"And?" Alex prodded.

"She's Kellin’s. Like we all knew. I'm going to get the paperwork and show it to Zack," I replied.

"Can I go? I wanna see his face!" Alex said.

I laughed and nodded.

"As long as you get Elizabeth ready," I replied.

Alex took Elizabeth to her room to get her ready. About twenty minutes later they came out. Alex had a distressed look on his face. I patted his back.

"Everything okay?" I asked.

"She literally wanted to wear everything!" he exclaimed.

"Oh I know, she does this to me every day," I said.

I put my shoes on and we left the house. Alex locked the door as I helped Elizabeth into the car. I started up my car and Alex got in. I drove to the doctor's office and left Alex and Elizabeth in the car. I went in and grabbed the papers. I thanked the lady and then went back to the car. I drove down to Zack's house and when I got there I put the car in park. I turned the car off and sighed. I was a little nervous. Alex squeezed my hand.

"Stay here Elizabeth, Uncle Alex and I will be right back," I told her.

"Okay, Mommy," she agreed.

Alex and I got out of the car and Alex knocked on Zack’s door. It took a few moments for it to open. To no surprise, a girl answered. I rolled my eyes.

"Where's Zack?" I asked.

"Why do you want to know?" she questioned.

"Honey, please.” I rolled my eyes. “I'm is ex, I’m just trying to give him some paperwork.”

Before she could say anything else, Zack appeared. He excused himself from the house and I handed over the papers. He opened them up and the look on his face was priceless.

"There's your damn proof that she isn't yours. So stay the hell out of my life from now on," I snapped.

I walked back to my car and waited on Alex. He didn't take too long.

"His face was so great!" Alex laughed.

"Well I don't see why he would think she was his in the first place," I said.

"Because he misses you. You’re all he talked about on tour," he replied.

"Well, he isn't getting me back. Not now, not ever. I'm done with him," I said.

"Well good, I'm glad," Alex said. “He’s my friend, but I don’t like the shit that went down with you two.”

We made small talk on the way home. Elizabeth ended up falling asleep in the back. Alex brought her to her room when we got home while I made some sandwiches for us. I grabbed a can of Pepsi and sat on the couch. Alex grabbed his stuff and joined me.

"So care to tell me what the hell happened the other night?" he asked.

I sighed and told him everything, even everything that happened the previous night when he was gone.

"Jack made you watch Caddyshack?" he laughed.

"Hey, it wasn't that bad of a movie," I said.

"He's made me watch it so many times that I remember the words and everything," Alex said.

"Well, it is Jack and he loves that movie," I said.

"You know who else Jack loves? Elizabeth," he said.

"I know this," I said.

"He would get so excited when you would Skype with me while we were on tour. He adores her just as much as we do," Alex went on.

"What are you saying here?" I asked him.

"I don't know. As awkward has it would be, I guess I'd be fine with you dating him," he said.

"So I need the okay to date your best friend, but you didn't need my okay? That makes a lot of sense.” I rolled my eyes.

"Well, I never knew that me dating Jade made you feel awkward," he said.

"It was at first, but you made her really happy until you broke her heart not just once but twice," I replied.

"Well, now I know what it feels like to have my heart broken," he said sadly.

"Well, we're all a little heartbroken right now, but we can't let that bring us down," I told him.

Alex nodded and we watched some TV. Elizabeth woke up a little bit later and demanded to see her Uncle Jack and Auntie Jade, so Alex called to see if they wanted to meet up and go out to dinner. They agreed and we met them at Applebee's. Tonight was about family and friends and that's what I really needed right now.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope everyone's been having a good weekend! Thanks to everyone who has read this story and continue to read. We'd definitely love some comments, subscriptions, and recommendations!