Status: Inactive, being re-written.

Something's Gotta Give - Original Verison

An Old Friend

Skye's Point of View

It had been a week since everything had happened. Kellin kept calling me and I kept dodging the calls. Elizabeth was over at Kellin's parents’ house for the night. I needed a little break from her to just focus on myself for a bit. At the moment I was sitting in the living room on my laptop when Alex came out of his room and headed towards the door pretty quickly.

"Where are you going in such a rush?" I asked.

"Oh, uh, Jack wanted to hang out for a bit," he replied.

"Wasn't he supposed to come over later on?" I questioned.

"Change of plans," he shrugged.

"Oh okay, well, have fun," I told him.

Alex said a quick “see ya later” and was gone. Something was going on here. I wasn't sure what it was, but I wasn't going to get involved with it. Hours passed and I was watching a movie on Netflix when there was a knock on the door. I paused the movie and walked over to the door and opened it. Jack was standing there.

"Is Alex here?" he asked.

"He told me he went to your place hours ago," I said.

"I haven't been home all day," Jack told me.

"I'm sure he'll come home soon and we can ask him where he’s been," I said.

"I guess so," he answered.

"Come on, I was watching this movie," I said and led him inside.

Jack came in and we sat on the couch. I was starting to wonder where the hell Alex really was. He’d never ditched Jack before unless it was a serious emergency. We waited for a while and he still hadn't shown up. Jack looked bothered. I sighed and got off the couch and reached for his hand. He gave me a confused look.

"I'm tired of you looking depressed with life, we’re going out," I decided.

He didn't protest. He grabbed my hand and I helped him up. We left the house and got into my car. I drove down to the club that we all would hang out at when the guys were in town and found a parking spot. I turned my car off and looked at Jack. He was still frowning.

"Oh come on Jack, let's have some fun," I said.

"I guess," he shrugged.

We got out of the car and headed inside. After a few drinks Jack was finally starting to loosen up. I was limiting myself to drinking just a few. I was the one driving so I didn't want to get too drunk. I was watching Jack trying to pick up some random chick and laughed. I took a sip of my drink.

"Well, if it isn't Skye Gaskarth," I heard a voice say.

I turned around to see someone who I hadn't seen in what felt like forever.

"Matt Webb? Is that really you? What the hell are doing in Baltimore?" I asked, hugging him and laughing. Matt was in a band called Marianas Trench, and they’d played a few shows with the guys.

"We have a show tomorrow night. The rest of the guys decided to stay at the hotel and rest up," he replied.

"And let me guess, you came here to find some random chick to have sex with?" I smirked.

"I see you haven't forgotten my shenanigans," he laughed.

"How could I forget? I used to be your wing-man back in the day," I reminded him.

"Before you got boring," he teased.

"I am not boring, I just have a daughter and never get out anymore," I defended myself.

He gave me a look and laughed. I sighed.

"Okay, I guess I am boring," I admitted.

"I'll forgive you. So where's the boyfriend?" he went on.

"We broke up," I answered.

"Oh shit, I’m sorry I didn't know," Matt said.

"It's fine," I replied. “It just happened.”

Jack came back over before Matt could say anything else. He was looking at his phone.

"Alex just texted me and wants to hang out now," he said.

"Okay, we can go," I told him.

Jack looked at Matt and then back at me.

"I can just have him pick me up here," he offered.

"No, Jack, it's fine. I should get home anyway," I said.

Jack nodded and headed out, waiting for me to follow. I turned and looked at Matt.

"Give me your number and we can hang out before you leave," I said.

Matt took my cell phone and put his number in it. He handed it back to me. "It was good to see you again Skye.”

"Yeah, it was nice to hang out for a few minutes. Tell the guys I say hey," I said.

"I will," he nodded.

We said goodbye and gave each other a hug. I was leaving when I heard my name being called. I turned around and saw Matt. He had my jacket in his hands.

"You forgot this," he said and handed it to me.

"Thanks," I said.

I started to walk away when I was spun back around. Matt was staring at me and I gave him a confused look. He put his hand on my cheek and brushed my hair out of my face. He leaned in and kissed me. I pulled away and looked at him.

"I, uh, should go," I said awkwardly.

I left before he had the chance to say anything. I got to my car and Jack was waiting outside of it. I unlocked it and we got in. I started to drive home. I had this weird feeling in my stomach, like I had butterflies or something. I'd known Matt for so long and I didn't know why he’d done that. It seemed like the ride home was fast. We got out of my car and Jack thanked me for the night and we went our separate ways. I closed the door behind myself and locked it before I changed into a pair of sweat pants and a tank top. I crawled into bed and thought about the kiss some more. I sighed and decided to not think about it anymore. I turned off the light and went to sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hopefully you're all still liking this! PLEASE COMMENT, subscribe, and recommend!