Status: Inactive, being re-written.

Something's Gotta Give - Original Verison

A Night Out

Skye's Point of View

I woke up to what sounded like someone yelling. I slowly walked over to my bedroom door and opened it. I heard Jade yelling about something. I couldn't make out what she was saying. It lasted a few more minutes and then I heard the door slam shut. I heard Alex's footsteps coming up the hallway so I quickly shut my door and crawled back into bed. I heard him stop outside my door and then move on. I sighed out of relief. Whatever happened I would find out about later. I rolled on my side and went back to sleep. I woke up a couple hours later and hopped into the shower. I got dressed after and brushed my hair out. I put a little bit of makeup on then walked down to the kitchen. I made a cup of coffee and sat down at the table. I heard Alex's door open and he came into the kitchen.

"So what was last night about?" I asked.

"Jade found out that Jay was the one who Isabel was cheating on me with and flipped shit because I didn't tell her," he explained.

"You didn't tell anyone. I mean if anything you were just trying to protect her for finding out," I reasoned.

"Yeah but she doesn’t see it that way," he said with a sigh.

"I'm sorry, I can try to talk to her for you," I suggested.

"Don't worry about it. It is what it is," he shrugged.

I dropped the conversation at that. I wasn't going to fight with him about this. We made small talk before Alex went to take a shower. I texted Jade telling her I was going to come over but never got a reply. I told Alex I’d be back later and left. It didn't take me long to get to Jack and Jade's house. I got out of my car and went up to the front door. I knocked on it and a few moments later Jack answered.

"Hey, is Jade here?" I asked.

"Yeah she's in her room," he answered hesitantly.

"Thanks," I said.

Jack let me by and I walked upstairs. I knocked on Jade's door and got no reply. I knocked a few more times and got a “go away” out of her. I decided not to listen and opened the door. Jade looked at me annoyed and I took a seat in the chair across from her bed.

"Did Alex send you?" she asked.

"No, I came on my own," I told her.

"Oh. Well, what's up?" Jade replied.

"You know what's up," I frowned.

"I don't want to talk about it," she shook her head.

"Alex was just trying to protect you," I said.

"Oh, yeah, ‘cause he did a great job of that. What he did was a dick move," she said.

"Seriously? What the fuck, Jade? Alex didn't tell anyone who Isabel was sleeping with. He thought it would be best not to tell you and this is how you treat him?" I said angrily.

"Of course you'd take his side," she argued and rolled her eyes.

"I'm not taking sides, Jade. I just don't understand why the fuck you're so mad at him," I said.

"You wouldn't understand," she answered.

"Really? You're playing that card? Alex is my twin and he always tells me everything. He didn't even tell me who the hell the dude was. Alex was just looking out for you and I don't see anything wrong with that," I replied.

"Whatever. Just go.” Jade was still shaking her head at me.

I was beyond pissed at this point. I got up from the chair and was about to leave the room when I turned around.

"You know you're supposed to be my best friend but at this point I don't even want to speak to you. Have a fantastic life, Jade. I'm sorry Alex was just doing the right thing," I yelled.

I slammed her door shut and walked downstairs. Jack was in the living room and gave me a concerned look.

"I'll see you around, Jack," I said.

I left the house and got into my car. I started it up and headed home. Kellin's mom called and asked if she could keep Elizabeth for a few extra days. Kellin was in town so he wanted to spend time with her. I told her that was fine and to just let me know when she was going to drop her off. I pulled into the driveway and turned the car off. Alex wasn't home so I didn't have to worry about him seeing me upset. I went inside and went to my room. I laid down on the bed and sighed. I closed my eyes and replayed everything that had happened between Jade and I. We hadn't had a fight in a long time. I was lost in thought when I heard my phone going off. I grabbed it without opening my eyes and answered it.

"Hello?" I said.

"So what are you doing tonight?" Matt asked.

"Staying home and being depressed with life," I replied.

"And why is that?" he asked.

"Jade and I got into a fight over something stupid," I told him.

"Why don't you come out with the boys and me and have some fun?" he suggested.

"Sounds tempting," I said.

"Pleaseeee?" he whined.

"How can I say no to that?" I replied with a laugh.

"You can't," he teased.

We made plans to meet up around eight. It was about five now so I made some dinner and then got ready. I was fixing my hair in the bathroom when Alex finally came home. He stopped when he saw me.

"Where are you going?" he asked.

"Out with Matt and the band," I told him.

"Sounds fun," he nodded, though not enthusiastically.

"You can come. You need to get out of this house for a bit. Kellin's in town so Elizabeth is there for a few more days," I offered.

"Well, let's hope we don't run into him tonight," Alex said.

Alex smiled and went to change. I was waiting on him in the living room watching some TV. Matt texted me saying he was on his way when Alex came out. We didn't say much and before we knew it Matt was here. We made our way out to Matt's car and he greeted us. I sat in the back while Alex took the front seat. Matt and Alex caught up on the way to the bar and I stared out the window. We made it to the bar and all piled out of the car. The rest of the band was inside already. We all met up and then went our separate ways and I planted myself at the bar. I needed a drink after the day I’d had. Hours had passed and I was drunk, very drunk. I was working on my next drink when Matt came over and took it from me.

"That was mine," I said, pouting.

"It's time to go," he told me tiredly.

"No," I whined.

"Yes," he argued.

"Fine," I finally agreed.

I got up from the chair and wobbled a little. I giggled and Matt wrapped an arm around me. We walked outside and the cold air felt nice. We walked over to Matt's car and he helped me into it. He walked over to the driver’s side and got in.

"Where's Alex?" I asked.

"He left with the other guys," Matt replied.

I nodded and Matt started to drive. We stayed quiet for most of the ride. We got to back to my place and Matt turned his car off. He helped me to the front door and unlocked the door and helped me to my bedroom. I laid down on my bed and looked at Matt.

"Will you stay with me for the night? I hate being here alone," I asked quietly.

Matt nodded and took off his shoes and joined me on the bed. He covered us both up and we both fell asleep within a matter of seconds.
♠ ♠ ♠
Apologies for the lack of updates! Jen had a lot going on with moving to a new state and settling in. Should be a new chapter very soon though! Please comment!