Status: Inactive, being re-written.

Something's Gotta Give - Original Verison

Bail Me Out

I woke up the next morning and got ready for the day. I took a shower and got dressed. I was counting down the time until Kellin would be home with Elizabeth. I was excited to have my daughter back but not so excited to see my ex. I was putting my hair up in a messy bun when I heard my phone going off. It was an unknown number. I wasn't sure who it was but I answered.

"Hello?" I picked up.

"Skye, it's Alex," the voice said.

"Where are you?" I asked.

"I'm at the police station. I don't have a lot of time to explain things right now but can you come pick me up?" he pleaded.

"What the fuck, dude!?” I exclaimed and then sighed. “I’ll be right there.”

I hung up the phone and put on my shoes. I grabbed my car keys and headed out of the house. I texted Kellin telling him to wait on bringing Elizabeth home and that I had to go get my dumbass of a brother from the police station. Just seconds later Kellin ended up calling me.

"What do you mean Alex is at the police station?" he questioned.

"I don't know, he didn't tell me much. I'll find out more when I get there. Just drop Elizabeth off later on. I don't know how long this is going to take," I told him.

Kellin agreed and we got off the phone. I found a parking spot and got out of my car. I locked it and headed inside. The lady at the front desk looked up from her paper work.

"May I help you?" she asked.
"I'm here to pick of my brother," I said.

"His name please," she requested.

"Alexander Gaskarth," I told her.

"It'll be just a few minutes. Just have a seat over there," she said, pointing to the chairs.

I thanked the lady and sat down. A thousand thoughts were going through my head about what had happened. Alex had never done anything like this before. I felt like I was waiting forever for my brother to come out. Finally he appeared and looked like shit. We walked to the car and got in. We sat there in silence for a while.

"Mind telling me what happened?" I asked.

"It doesn't matter," he replied.

"It matters to me. Alex you never came home. That's not like you. You look like shit and it looks like you have a black eye. What happened?" I pressed.

Alex sighed and ran a hand through this hair. I waited for him to speak. I knew he would eventually give in and tell me.

"I was at the bar and I saw Jay. He was with a bunch of his buddies. He was talking shit about Jade and I lost it. You think I look bad, you should see his face," he explained.

"So you beat the shit out of Jay because he said something about Jade? Last I checked you and Jade aren't even on speaking terms," I said.

"That doesn't matter. Jade is a nice person and doesn't need someone talking shit about her. Can we just please go home? I'm tired and would like to take a shower," he replied.

I nodded and continued driving home. It was a silent one. Alex had fallen asleep a few minutes into the drive. We finally got home and I woke Alex up. I unlocked the front door and Alex went straight for the shower. I texted Kellin telling him I was home and he could drop Elizabeth off. He texted back saying he would be on his way. I made some lunch and watched TV while I waited. I heard Alex leave the bathroom and go to his room. About twenty minutes later there was a knock on the door. I went over and answered.

"Mommy!" Elizabeth yelled.

"Hi baby, did you have fun?" I asked her.

Elizabeth nodded, told me some about her visit, and then went on to play with some of her toys.

"Everything okay?" Kellin asked.

"It's fine. Thanks for dropping her off. Just let me know when you'll be back in town so you can see her while you’re home,” I told him.

"Look Skye, can't we make this work? I mean yes, you cheated on me but that's something we can work through and move on from," he said.

"I'm sorry, but no. I don't want to be in a relationship right now. I want to focus on my daughter and myself. I don't want to have this conversation right now. It's best for you to say goodbye to Elizabeth and go," I replied.

I heard Kellin sigh. He went over to Elizabeth and said goodbye and left. The rest of the day went back quickly. Alex stayed in his room all day and Elizabeth kept asking where he was. We had dinner and then I gave her a bath.

"I wanna say goodnight to Uncle Alex," Elizabeth said.

"I don't know if he's awake but we can try," I said.

Elizabeth smiled and I knocked on his door. I heard him tell us to come in and I opened the door. Elizabeth made a run for Alex on his bed and told him all about her adventures.

"It's time to go to bed, Elizabeth," I said when she was done.

Alex and Elizabeth both gave me a pouty face. I rolled my eyes and laughed. Elizabeth said goodnight and I put her to bed. I was headed to my room when Alex stopped me.

"You okay?" he asked.

"Yeah, I’m fine. Just tired," I answered.

"You know I know that you're lying to me," he said.

"Lex, I'm fine. Kellin just wants to get back together and I already told him no once and I did it again today," I explained.

"Do you need me to talk to him?" he offered.

"God, no. I don't need another phone call from you being in jail," I told him.

Alex laughed. "Fair enough. You look pretty shitty yourself. Go get some rest."

Alex and I said goodnight and I went into my room. I changed into some comfy clothes and crawled into bed. I plugged my phone in to charge and rolled over. Today had been a long day and I was exhausted. Sleep came pretty quick for me.
♠ ♠ ♠
So sorry about the lack of updates (again)! My computer crashed, I moved, and then I had no internet for a few days, and Jen (the lovely author of this chapter) was working and had some personal stuff going on. I'm about to start working on my part now! So in the mean time, please comment, subscribe, and recommend!