Status: Inactive, being re-written.

Something's Gotta Give - Original Verison

Oops?

Skye's Point of View

The next day went by in a blur. Elizabeth decided to be a fuss butt all day and was refusing to nap. It felt like hours had passed before she finally went down for one. I decided to take a quick shower and try to get a nap in myself. I got in the shower, did what I had to, and got out and got dressed. I laid down in my bed and closed my eyes. I wasn't sure how long I was out for but I woke up to Elizabeth poking my arm.

"Mama, I'm hungry," she said.

"Okay, I'll get up and make something," I told her.

She nodded and left my room. I looked at the clock and it was nearly time for dinner. I figured Elizabeth either took a long nap or Alex watched her for me while I napped. I walked out of my room and headed to the kitchen. I could hear Elizabeth in the living room playing with her toys. I decided to make some pasta. I got water in a pan and put it on the stove. I grabbed the pasta from the cabinet and waited for the water to start boiling. I went to check on Elizabeth and she was still playing with her toys. I went back into the kitchen and saw that the water was boiling, so I put the pasta in the pan and stirred it every now and then. After a few minutes it was finished. I called Elizabeth and Alex into the kitchen and set the table. We ate dinner and made some small talk. After we were done I cleaned up while Alex went back to his room and Elizabeth went to play with some toys. That was, until I heard a knock on the door.

"Auntie Jade!" I heard Elizabeth say excitedly.

I heard Jade reply. They made some small talk and I heard Jade ask if Elizabeth was supposed to be answering the door. I peeked my head out of the kitchen and looked at Elizabeth.

“Elizabeth, you know you’re not supposed to answer the door,” I warned.

"But it's Auntie Jade!" Elizabeth whined.

“Don’t do that anymore, okay? Go ahead and color for a little while,” I said and turned my attention to Jade. “We can go talk in the kitchen.”

Jade nodded and we went into the kitchen and talked. Jade apologized about everything and we talked it all out. After we were done making up, she went to talk to Alex. I decided to get Elizabeth ready for bed. I got her into the tub for her bath and then got her into some PJs. I read her a book and she went straight to bed. I was leaving her room when I saw Alex in the hallway.

"Jade invited us over to her house tomorrow for a little gathering," he told me.

"Okay. Who’s going to be there?" I asked.

"Dunno. Figured it could just be you, me, Jade, and Jack. Like the old days," he replied.

"Sounds good. I'll call the babysitter in the morning for Elizabeth," I said.

Alex and I said goodnight and we went to bed. We all woke up the next morning and got ready for the day. I called the babysitter and asked her if she could watch Elizabeth for the night and told her when to come over. The rest of the morning and afternoon was pretty much a lazy day. Before I knew it was time to get ready to go over to Jade and Jack's. I put on some makeup and straightened my hair. I heard the doorbell ring and Alex answered the door. I finished up and walked out to the living room.

"Thank you so much for watching her tonight, Taylor. I know it was last minute," I said.

"It's okay. I don't mind," she said nicely and smiled.

"She's already had dinner, she just needs a bath and to be put to bed. We shouldn't be gone for too long but you know where the spare bedroom is if you get tired," I said.

Taylor nodded and Alex and I left. We finally got to Jack and Jade’s house and we knocked on the door. Jack answered and let us in. We sat down in the living room and made some small talk with Jade. Jack ended up walking in with beer a few moments later, so the rest of us helped ourselves to some alcohol and the drinking began. Hours had passed and we were all a little buzzed and talking about old high school memories.

Jade was laughing about the time we’d all played Seven Minutes in Heaven and she and Flyzik had awkwardly ended up in the closet with each other when Jack had to open his big mouth.

"Skye, remember that one time we randomly hooked up in high school?" Jack blurted out.

Jade and Alex looked at the both of us and exclaimed, "What?!"

"Oh my God, Jack! Why would you bring that up?!” I yelled.

"Well, we were talking about high school and it randomly came to me. I'm sorry!” he apologized.

Jade and Alex looked confused as fuck. Well, I guess we had some explaining to do.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry about the wait! Next update soon hopefully!