Status: Inactive, being re-written.

Something's Gotta Give - Original Verison

Post-Bail

Skye's Point of View

Jade stepped outside with Alex before he could murder Jack. I gave Jack the death stare.

"Why did you have to bring that up?!" I demanded.

"I'm sorry! It just happened! I didn't think Alex would be too pissed about it!" he defended himself.

"That was our secret. I'm surprised you even kept it for this long," I said and shook my head.

I heard Alex's car start up and got a text from Jade saying they were going out for a bit. Jack and I ended up cleaning up and just watching TV. Hours had passed and still nothing from Jade or Alex. I was starting to get worried. Finally my phone rang and it was an unknown number. I didn't know who it was but I answered it anyway.

"Hello?" I picked up.

"Skye, it's Jade, can you and Jack come get Alex and I out of jail?" she asked.

"What the fuck?! What did you guys do?!" I yelled.

"I'll explain when you get here," she said.

With that she hung up. I looked at Jack and sighed.

"Well, they got arrested, we have to go get them,” I told him.

Jack and I got into Jack's car and we made a familiar trip down to the police station. We went in and talked to the front desk person and bailed them out. A few minutes later they came out. Alex wouldn't make eye contact with either of us. Jade just looked down. We left the building and we drove over to Denny's. We got a booth and ordered some drinks. No one had said anything at all. It was an awkward silence that I was pretty sure everyone could feel.

"So care to explain what the hell happened?" I finally asked.

"I was trying to cheer Alex up so I decided we could, you know, do something funny," Jade started.

"And what was this 'funny' thing?" I asked.

"Well, remember that time back in high school when we put a random toilet on Flyzik's lawn?" she questioned.

"Yeah, why? Oh God, did you guys do what I think you did?" Jack said.

"Maybe," she said.

"And let me guess, Isabel and Jay heard you two laughing and called the police?" I added.

"Well, we were trying to be really quiet but that didn't happen, so yes," she admitted.

Alex hadn't said anything the whole dinner. I knew what his issue was and I would talk to him about it later. Our waitress came back over with our drinks and we all ordered what we wanted. About ten minutes later, the food was ready and she brought it over. We all ate with a little bit of small talk here and there. Once we were done, we spilt the bill and we left. We all got into Jack's car and drove over to Isabel and Jay's so we could get Alex's car. We said goodbye to Jade and Jack and got into it. Alex started driving and turned the radio on. I wasn't sure what his issue was with me sleeping with Jack. It was back in the day, what did it matter now?

"Look, I know you're mad, but dude, you've slept with my best friend multiple times. This was just a one-time thing with Jack," I said.

"I don't care. It's still fucking weird. Plus Jade and I were different," he replied.

"Look, it's in the past, just get over it. And you and Jade aren't different. You're not any more special than the next guy, Alex," I told him.

"Whatever," he said passively.

And with that, the conversation ended. We got home and unlocked the door. I apologized to Taylor for being so late and paid her. Alex was already in his room so I decided to take a quick shower and then go to bed. Maybe tomorrow would be a better day.