Status: Inactive, being re-written.

Something's Gotta Give - Original Verison

Mistakes

Skye's Point of View

One Month Later…

"Elizabeth, come on I have to get to work soon!" I called down the hallway.

I heard a “Coming, Mommy!” from down the hall as I was finishing getting everything ready. The last month has been a blur between everything that happened with Kellin to me getting a job at the local Olive Garden. It seemed that everything was going well with everyone. I was grabbing the overnight bag for my mom’s so she could watch Elizabeth for the weekend. We’d had a lot of issues in the past, but my mom and I had been working on our relationship so that Elizabeth could have one with her. It seemed like my mom was really trying to change and be better. I felt a small tug on my leg and I looked down and Elizabeth was next to me.

"I'm ready, Mommy," she said.

"Good, because we need to get going or I'm going to be late," I told her.

We headed out the door and to my car. I got Elizabeth in her seat and then put the stuff on the other side. I got in the driver’s seat and started my car up. I drove down to my mom’s place and dropped Elizabeth off then went to work.

We were busy so time had gone by fast and I was already done with my shift. I was heading to my car when I saw a familiar face. I stopped in my tracks and looked at him.

"What are you doing here? If someone saw you next to my car we'd be in trouble," I told him.

"Chill, the guys went to the bar," Zack said, smirking.

"Well, that still doesn't mean you can come to my work and just stand next to my car," I replied.

I was looking for my keys and I finally found them and unlocked the car. I started to head over to the driver’s side when Zack spun me around and connected his lips to mine. I know what you're thinking, why the fuck did I go back to him? Honestly, I couldn't really tell you. Maybe it was the way I was comfortable with him, maybe I was lonely. I broke the kiss and looked at him.

"You coming over tonight?" Zack asked.

"I don't know. Maybe," I said.

"Come on, you don't have Elizabeth tonight,” he whined. “Come have fun.”

Zack smirked at me again and I rolled my eyes. I knew I wasn't able to say no to him, as much as I wanted to.

"Just for a little bit," I finally gave in.

"I'll meet you at my place," he said, winking.

I nodded and he went to his car. I got in mine and had a text from Jade asking if I was going to meet up with her and the guys. I made up a lame excuse and sent the message. I started my car up and headed over to Zack's. It seemed like the ride was short and I was already there. I got out of my car and headed inside. The rest is pretty obvious so I'm not even going to bother saying anything about it. I didn't even remember falling asleep but I must've because when I woke up it was early morning.

"Shit," I hissed.

I jumped out of bed and started to get dressed. Zack sat up and looked at me.

"Babe, come back to bed," he said.

I was pulling my shirt down and looked at him.

"I am going to be so dead if I don't get home soon. Alex is probably worried sick about me," I told him.

I heard Zack mumble something and I gave him a quick kiss and headed out. I sped most of the way home. I got out of my car and unlocked the front door. I was hoping Alex would be sleeping but that wasn't the case. He was sitting on the couch and by the looks of it he hadn't even gone to bed.

"Why the fuck are you hanging out with Zack?" he demanded.

"What are you talking about?" I asked, dodging the question.

"Don't play stupid with me, Skye," he snapped.

"Why can't you just mind your own business?” I argued. “Not everything I do should need your permission.”

"You're my sister, I have every right to ask these questions," he said angrily.

I could tell he was getting pissed off and so was I.

"Just fuck off,” I yelled. “I don’t need your okay to do everything, Alex.”

"You're really going to say that to me?” he scoffed. “Do you remember how poorly he fucking treated you?! Or has he fucking brainwashed that out of your memory? Look, Zack’s been my friend for a long time, but you’re my sister and I don’t like the way everything went down and I will not allow you to see him.”

"You can't tell me what to do, Alex.” I said. “Last I checked you aren't my father.”

"Really?” he raised his voice. “Playing that card now? Jesus fucking Christ. I can’t even talk to you right now.”

"Good. Because I'm done talking to you," I snapped.

I walked down the hall and slammed my door shut. Alex had no right to say any of that to me, let alone try to tell me what I could and couldn't do. He's had his fair sure of fuck ups in the past and I never once judged him like he judged me. I heard the front door slam shut and I was assuming Alex had left. I grabbed some clean clothes and headed to the bathroom. I turned the water on and got in. I washed up and washed my body and got out. I wrapped myself up in a towel and sat on the toilet for a few moments to think about everything. I got redressed and headed to my room. I crawled into my bed and covered myself up and fell asleep. I was woken up by a knock on my door. I mumbled a “Go away,” but sadly the person didn't listen to me. I felt my covers be moved off of me and I rolled over and saw Jack standing there.

"And what do you want?" I asked.

"Well, I was told to come talk to you by a certain someone" he said.

"Tell that certain someone to go fuck off," I told him.

I covered myself up again and rolled back over. Not even a second later were the covers removed again. This time Jack ended up laying down in the bed with me. I rolled back over and looked at him.

"You're like a kid who never fucking listens," I said.

"I get that so often that it doesn't even faze me anymore," he replied.

I rolled my eyes. "What do you want?"

"Well, I was told that you’re seeing Zack again,” he started.

"That's none of your business," I snapped.

"But it is,” he continued. “You see, it frustrates me to see someone I care deeply about be treated like shit by an asshole.”

"He isn't an asshole," I said, getting angry all over again.

"Ah, I hit a nerve I see,” he told me. “But if I recall he was an asshole to you and you wanted nothing to do with him. So my question is, why did you go back to him?"

"Why is this such an issue to you and Alex?” I asked. “It's my life and I can do what I want.”

"It's an issue because we both care about you, Skye,” he explained, sounding desperate. “It may not be obvious to you but we do care.”

"I'm not a baby,” I said. “I don't need to be watched."

Jack sighed and got up. I was confused as to why he was getting so worked up over this. I sat up and looked at him. The look he was giving me was full of sadness.

"You don't get it do you?” he asked quietly.

I didn't even know what to say at this point. I waited for Jack to go on.

"I'm in love with you, Skye," he said finally.

Before I could say anything, he was gone from my room. I called after him and went out into the hallway but he was already gone. I went back into my room and sighed. I crawled back into bed and laid there looking at the ceiling. I still couldn't believe what Jack had just said to me. How could he be in love with me? I groaned and pulled the covers over my head. I was hoping no one else would interrupt me for the rest of the night. I closed my eyes and fell asleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
We're baaaaack...and hopefully fairly consistently again. But, you know, life...

And as a disclaimer, we love Zack with our whole All Time Low devoted hearts. This is just where the story ended up taking us, but we truly appreciate Zack!