Status: Inactive, being re-written.

Something's Gotta Give - Original Verison

Finally

Skye's Point of View

I was making a late lunch when I heard my cell phone going off. I grabbed it and saw it was Jade calling. I sighed thinking she was about to yell at me.

"Hello?" I answered.

"Have you seen Jack?" she asked.

"Not since he left here. Why?" I responded.

"Well, he sorta just up and left our place," she said.

I could tell she was hiding something from me but I didn't question it. It wasn't like Jack to just up and leave his house unless something big had happened. I knew I wasn't the nicest person to him tonight but something else must've made him even more upset.

"If I hear from him I'll let you know," I told her.

We said our goodbyes and I hung up. I tried calling Jack but he didn't answer. I sighed and sat down. I was trying to figure out where he could've gone. I was almost done eating when it finally hit me. I grabbed my keys and shoes and headed out the door. I got into my car and took off down the road. I finally got to where I was going to and saw Jack's car. I sighed in relief. I put my car in park and got out. I locked it behind me and headed down the dirt road. It was a short walk to what I was looking for and saw Jack sitting next to the cabin we all would share in the summer, tossing rocks into the water. I took a seat next to him.

"So what pissed you off besides me?" I asked.

"Well, you weren't the only one hooking up with someone," he said.

It didn't take me very long to realize who he was talking about. Jade and Alex had been doing the same thing I had been doing with Zack.

"And he fucking judged me,” I scoffed. “I swear to God, I'm going to kill him."

"Don't bother, it isn't worth it,” he replied. “Why are you even here?"

"I got a call from someone who was concerned about you," I said.

"Well, I don't want you here right now, so you can go," he said.

I couldn’t lie, that hurt. I knew I had broken his heart but I was trying to fix things. I sighed and decided not to move to see what he would do. I placed my hand over his and gave it a light squeeze.

"How long have you been in love with me?" I asked.

"I told you to leave me alone," he said, pushing my hand away from him.

"Answer the question," I directed.

Jack didn't say anything. Instead he stood up and started to walk away from me. I quickly got up and grabbed his arm and stood in front of him. He didn't look at me. He had his head looking down at the ground. I lifted his head so he was looking at me with those big brown eyes.

"Answer my question and I'll leave you alone," I whispered.

"Why don't you ever listen?” He shook his head. “I told you to leave me alone."

"Well, I know someone who is very stubborn and who also doesn't listen,” I said. :Just be honest and I'll leave.”

Jack sighed and admitted, "Since high school."

I nodded and dropped my hand from his face. I didn't know he’d felt like that about me for so long. I wished he had told me sooner. I left without another word. I was walking towards my car when I heard my phone going off. I looked down and saw it was Alex his time calling.

"What do you want?" I snapped.

"Did you hear anything from Jack?" he asked.

"I found him and he wants to be left alone,” I told him. “He doesn't want to talk to you, Jade or me. So how about you think about what you just did to your best friend and your sister. You jump down my throat about this type of shit and do the same fucking thing. You have no room to judge me. I'm disappointed in you just like you are in me. So until you have an apology ready for me, don't bother coming home.”

I didn't bother to let him reply. I hung up the phone and to my surprise Jack was standing there.

"Why didn't you tell him where I was?" he asked.

"You need your space,” I answered. “So I didn't want to say anything. And I'm leaving now so you can have your space.”

I unlocked my car and was about to open my car door when Jack spun me around and pinned me up against it.

"I need you, that's what I need," he said.

What came next caught me off guard. Jack titled my head up and kissed me. It was filled with passion. Like he had been waiting so long to do it. He broke the kiss and looked at me. Maybe I was crazy but something felt so right about it. I connected my lips back to his and he pulled me closer to his body. He picked me up, not even breaking the kiss and headed towards the cabin. He put me down to unlock the door and then opened it. He closed the door and pinned me against the door kissing me again. Clothes were slowly coming off as we headed towards the closest bedroom we could find. What happened next was pretty obvious. After we were down, Jack fell asleep. I was rubbing my hand through his messy hair when he opened his eyes and looked at me.

"Why don't you just sleep?" he said.

He pulled me closer to him and I laid my head on his chest. He planted a kiss on the top of my head and I fell asleep listening to his heartbeat.