Status: Inactive, being re-written.

Something's Gotta Give - Original Verison

Aftermath

Skye's Point of View

I woke up the next morning and Zack was already gone. It was still pretty early so no one else would be awake yet. I wasn't even sure if Alex had come home or not last night. I checked my phone and had a message from Jade saying we were all going to go out for breakfast around nine. It was seven thirty now so I had time to shower and get ready and then get Elizabeth ready. I was grabbing clothes when I heard my phone going off. I checked who was calling and it was Kellin.

"Hi," I answered.

"So what's this about Zack demanding a DNA test?" Kellin asked.

"How do you know about that?" It hadn’t even been twelve hours yet.

"Your brother messaged me and then proceeded to tell me you went and talked to Zack about it," he snapped.

"Am I not allowed to ask him questions? It’s not like anything happened. He didn't tell me a reason," I lied.

"I don't trust him so don't do anything without me being there," he told me.

"Seriously? What the hell crawled up your ass? I can handle this," I said, getting very annoyed.

"It's Zack. He's doing this for a reason and I don't like it," he went on.

"Okay first, he just wants to know if Elizabeth is his or not. Second, don't call me all pissed off at life because you found something out from my brother, and third, if you're going to be such an asshole, don't call me. I have enough going on here and I don't need you down my throat about something that can be easily fixed with a DNA test," I went off.

"So you're going to do the stupid DNA test for him?" Kellin was definitely super pissed.

"If it gets him off my back about it, then yes, Kellin, I am. It's not going to do any damage here," I replied.

"Wow. So I have to leave tour for a day or so just to have to deal with this. That's what you're telling me right now?" he demanded.

"I'm done. This is bullshit. Call me when you have your shit together, Kellin," I snapped.

I hung up my phone and tossed it on my bed. I grabbed my clothes and headed to the bathroom. I took a long shower until the water went cold. I was getting dressed when I heard a knock on the door. I walked to the door and opened it. Jack was standing there. I let him in and closed the door.

"What's up?" I asked.

"Well, you were supposed to meet us at my place like ten minutes ago, we got worried so I offered to see what was going on," he explained.

I looked at the clock and saw what time it was. I was in the shower so long that I forgot about breakfast.

"Shit, I'm sorry. Kellin and I got into a fight and I took a shower and it slipped my mind. Let me get Elizabeth up and dressed and we can go," I replied.

"Something else is bugging you Skye - what is it?" he asked.

"Nothing, I promise. It was just a stupid fight with Kellin. I'm going to get Elizabeth and we can go," I answered.

I knew Jack didn't believe me but right now I didn't want to confess to sleeping with Zack. I went into Elizabeth's room and woke her up.

"I don't wanna get up," she whined.

"But you have to, Uncle Jack is waiting for us and so is everyone else, sweetie," I told her.

"I said no," she grouched.

"Elizabeth Ann, I'm not saying it again," I warned.

"Fine, I hate you though," she replied.

I rolled my eyes and said, "I love you too, kiddo."

I got Elizabeth dressed and we walked down the hall. Her eyes went wide when she saw Jack and squealed with excitement when he picked her up and tossed her over his shoulder.

"Ready?" he asked.

"Yeah just let me grab my phone and I'll be out," I said.

Jack nodded and took Elizabeth out of the house. I saw I had a missed call from Kellin and then a text message from Zack and one from Kellin also. I opened Kellin's first and it said that he was sorry and he loved me and he would see me in a few days for the DNA testing. I went onto Zack's and I felt a little scared to open it. I'd check it later. I walked out of the house and locked the door. Jack had moved Elizabeth's stuff into his car and I got into the passenger’s seat. I gave Jack a weak smile and we headed to Denny's. The ride over was mostly silent expect the times Jack and Elizabeth would talk. Mostly he was getting her hyper. We arrived at Denny's and everyone was waiting for us. Jack helped Elizabeth out of the car and then she ran over to Alex.

"Way to be late," Alex teased.

"Shut up," I snapped.

"Someone's cranky," he said.

"You okay?" Jade asked.

"I'm fine, let's just get this over with," I said, walking towards the door.

We all were seated and ordered our drinks. The waitress came back with them and then we ordered our food. Everyone was talking and having fun and I was the odd one out. I wouldn't say seeing Zack there was awkward, it was just all the emotions I was feeling towards him again. I shouldn't even be feeling this way and yet I do. Zack would glance in my direction every once in a while and I could feel it. I was so zoned out in my own thoughts that I didn't even know what was going on.

"Skye, you okay?" Jack asked.

"Yeah, yeah, just need some air," I lied.

I excused myself from the table and walked outside. I walked around the building and sat on the grass. I sighed and rested my head on my arms and pulled my legs up. I was frustrated with myself and I was getting worked up over something so stupid. It was just a one night stand and it wouldn't happen again. I didn't even realize I was crying until I felt someone touch my shoulder.

"Mommy, are you okay?" Elizabeth asked.

"I'm fine baby, go with Uncle Alex and I'll be home shortly, okay?" I said.

Alex gave me a concerned look and led Elizabeth away. Jack stayed behind with me and put an arm around me. I rested my head on his shoulder. He didn't force me to talk. We sat there for a little while and I decided to tell him the truth.

"If I tell you something, can you please keep it a secret?" I asked.

"Well, you know I am with secrets, so depends on what it is," he replied.

"This has to stay between us, Jack. No one else can find out. Kellin cannot find out," I stressed.

"What the hell did you do, Skye?" he demanded.

"I slept with Zack," I admitted.

"Seriously?! Skye, what the hell!?" he exclaimed

"It was a stupid mistake! I was angry, drunk, and upset! Things haven't been the best between Kellin and I and Zack saw it and he took advantage of it. I'm not saying it's all his fault because I did agree to it," I said.

"You need to tell Kellin," he told me.

"I will when I feel like the time is right. He's not happy about the DNA test and how he has to leave tour for it either," I said.

"So you're going through with it?" Jack asked.

"Just to get Zack off my back about it, there's no way Elizabeth's is his," I answered.

"And as for Zack?" he continued.

"Not speaking to him anymore, it was just a stupid mistake," I said.

"Well good, now let's go enjoy the rest of this day and have some fun," he said.

I nodded and he helped me up.

"You're such a good friend," I told him with a small smile.

"Only for you, Skye, only for you," he said, smiling back.

I smiled and we walked to his car. I remembered I had that message from Zack. I decided to check it and then regretted it immediately.

Last night made me realize how much I actually miss you. Give me another chance?

I deleted it and got into Jack's car. Those words were going to be stuck in my head for the longest time. I wasn't going to worry about it. I was going to enjoy my day with family and friends and nothing was going to ruin that.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you're all still enjoying! Please comment, rec, and subscribe!