Status: Inactive, being re-written.

Something's Gotta Give - Original Verison

Endings and Beginnings

Skye's Point of View

The next few days went by pretty quickly. Kellin was due to be home any time and I was freaking out a little bit. No one else but Jack knew about me sleeping with Zack. I was surprised that he even kept that secret. He usually wasn't good with these things. I was hoping I could keep it a secret myself. I knew Kellin needed to know but this was not the time. I was sitting on the couch watching Say Yes to the Dress when the front door opened. Elizabeth looked up from her coloring book and smiled.

"Daddy!" she squealed while running over to him.

Kellin smiled and picked her up. He gave her a kiss on the forehead and then put her down. He came over to the couch and sat down next to me. We made small talk for a bit before he decided to go to his parents’ house to see them.

"Take Elizabeth with you, she hasn't seen her grandma and grandpa in forever," I suggested.

"Sure," Kellin agreed.

Elizabeth went to grab her jacket and shoes. Alex was still in his room and that was how it had been lately. I'd check in on him every once in a while and he would eat dinner with us then usually go straight back to his room. Elizabeth came back out and was ready to go. Kellin went to kiss me and I kissed him back. It felt weird kissing him knowing what I had done. Kellin could tell something was wrong but I gave him the “I'm fine” look and he shrugged it off.

"I love you. We'll be back later," he told me.

"I love you too," I said weakly.

They left and I sighed. I walked to the couch and grabbed my phone. Zack had messaged me saying that the appointment was tomorrow at nine in the morning. Well, it was better to get that over with and have one less thing to worry about. I decided to go check on Alex. I knocked on his door and heard a faint, “Come in.”

I opened the door and Alex and Jack were playing Halo on his Xbox 360.

"When the hell did you get here?" I asked.

"I snuck in while you were in the shower earlier," Jack replied.

"You're such a weirdo. I'll just go find something to do," I said.

"Isn’t Kellin here?" Alex asked.

"He just left. He came home and I told him to take Elizabeth with him. So my afternoon is cleared and tomorrow it’s the DNA test. Hopefully it won't take too long so Kellin can leave again," I answered.

"Are things that bad with him?" Jack questioned.

I nodded and sighed. Jack patted the bean bag chair next to him and I went over and sat down.

"I just wish things would get better. Tomorrow is the DNA test and hopefully Kellin can leave after that. I know he doesn't want to be here," I explained.

"Maybe you should talk to him. Figure out what's going on," Alex suggested.

"Yeah, maybe that'd help," Jack agreed.

"I doubt it, you guys. He threw a fit about having to come home for this," I said.

"Let's not think about it anymore then, let's play some video games and order pizza," Jack proposed.

Alex and I nodded. Time went by pretty fast. Before I knew it Kellin had gotten back with Elizabeth and put her to bed. I was lying in bed and was on my phone when Kellin finally walked in. He joined in and an awkward silence took over. I didn't want it to be this way but I wasn't sure what to say. Anything I did say just pissed Kellin off. He was doing something on his phone when he finally broke the silence.

"When is this stupid DNA test?"

"It’s tomorrow at nine. After that's done you can say your goodbyes to Elizabeth and then leave," I said.

"I'm not supposed to leave until Friday," he replied.

"Well, I'm telling you that you can leave after. You don't want to be here so I'm making it easier on you," I said.

"Whatever.” He rolled his eyes.

"Yeah whatever. That's all you ever have to say. You know if you aren't happy in this relationship or don’t even want to be here, then leave. I'm not going through this again. Zack did this and I don't deserve to have this happen again," I snapped.

"Seriously? Are you really going to do this right now?" he complained.

"Well yeah, because I'm tired of the way you've been treating me lately," I said.

"I just don't see why Zack wants this done. Is there something going on between you two?" he said.

"Absolutely not," I lied.

"So just out of the blue, he gives you these papers?" he went on.

"Pretty much. Jade and Jack had a party and then out of nowhere he gave me the papers. That's how it happened. I'm sorry if you don’t see why I'm doing this, but I just want Zack off my back about it," I replied.

"Yeah, whatever," he repeated.

I sighed and got out of the bed.

"I can't deal with you right now. Don't bother unpacking your things. As soon as this test is over tomorrow, you can leave," I told him.

"Fine," he said stiffly.

I grabbed my phone and charger. I took one of my pillows off of the bed.

"Are you really leaving your room over this?" he scoffed.

"Well, I’d rather not share a bed with someone who obviously doesn’t even want to see me," I answered.

I left the room and went down the hallway to the spare bedroom. To my surprise the light was on. Jack must've decided to stay the night. I knocked on the door and got faint “Come in,” from him. I opened the door and then closed it.

"I'm just grabbing an extra blanket so I can sleep out on the couch," I explained.

"Let me guess Kellin, was totally an asshole?" he said.

I nodded and said, "Nothing has changed. Don't think it will."

"Well I'm not about to let you sleep on the couch, you can stay in here and I'll take the couch," he offered.

"I'm fine, I've done it before," I said.

"Well, if we aren't going to come to an agreement we can just share this bed," he suggested.

"Yeah, ‘cause Kellin will love that," I scoffed.

"Well he doesn't need to know, not like he's about to come in here and lose his shit.” Jack shrugged.

"Well, he could but I doubt it. I bet he's already passed out," I said.

"See? No issue then," he reasoned.

"Fine. You win this time, Barakat," I agreed.

"I always do!" he exclaimed.

I laughed and he made room for me in the bed. We talked for a little bit and put a movie on. We ended up falling asleep. I woke up the next morning and snuck out of the room without waking Jack up. I made my way to the shower and took a quick one. I got dressed and then went to wake Elizabeth up. She finally woke up and I made us a quick breakfast. Kellin eventually came out and we didn’t speak. After Elizabeth was done eating we headed out. It was about a twenty minute drive from the house. When we got there I texted Zack letting him know we made it and he said that he was in the doctor’s office already and just waiting. The nurse took us back to an exam room. She got all the stuff she would need to get for the test. Kellin and Zack went first on getting their blood drawn and then I was next. Elizabeth was scared and was refusing to get this done.

"I said no, Mommy," she insisted.

"Sweetie, it's just a little pinch and it’s all over," I comforted.

"No. I don’t like this," she said.

I heard Kellin sigh. He was annoyed by the fact Elizabeth was taking too much time.

"Just leave already," I snapped.

Kellin didn't waste any time in leaving the room.

"I'm scared, Mommy," Elizabeth said.

"It's going to be okay. You can hold my hand and squeeze it has hard as you need," I told her.

Elizabeth nodded and took my hand. The nurse counted to three and Elizabeth closed her eyes and squeezed my hand. The nurse took what she needed and then it was all over.

"All done," the nurse said with a smile.

"How long does it take for the results to come back?" Zack asked.

"Should take a couple of days," the nurse answered.

Zack nodded and we left. We didn't say much. There was nothing to say. We went our separate ways and when I got to my car I saw Kellin on the phone with someone. Probably one of the guys in the band.

"Finally, took long enough," he said with an eye roll.

"Oh, for fuck’s sakes, she's a child Kellin!" I yelled, finally losing it.

"Doesn't mean it should take that long," he replied.

I helped Elizabeth into the car and then got in the driver’s seat. I drove home without saying a word to Kellin. I was livid. If looks could kill, Kellin would’ve been absolutely dead. We got home and I parked the car and turned it off.

"Elizabeth, go on inside. Find Uncle Alex and tell him how you were a big girl today," I smiled at her.

"Okay Mommy," she agreed.

She got out of the car and that's when I lost my shit.

"I cannot believe you right now. Is your band so important that you have to be such an ass to your own daughter?" I exclaimed.

"What did I do this time?" he asked.

"The way you acted earlier. You should know she doesn't like needles, she's always been afraid of them," I told him.

"And she can get over that fear. She can't be afraid of them forever," he said.

"I'm still afraid of needles Kellin, I just deal with it. She's just a kid you have to understand that," I continued.

I had enough and got out of the car. I slammed the door shut and Kellin followed.

"Oh come on, are you really pissed at me?" he asked.

"Let me think about that for a minute. You come home with the worst attitude ever, you don't want to be here and I'm starting to think you don't even want to be with me anymore. I'm done, Kellin. I really am. I can't have someone who doesn't trust me or want me to just do something to prove a point. Just get your stuff, say goodbye to your daughter and leave," I yelled.

"Well, if that's what you want," he finally said stiffly.

"It's not what I want, but you can't see that. You just proved my point," I said.

"I don't know what you want anymore! I'm so fed up with it. You don't talk to me at all. It's like you're hiding something from me and won’t tell me. What did you do? Sleep with Zack or something?" he argued.

I didn't answer him. He basically figured it out without me saying a thing.

"You did, didn't you?" he asked.

"Do you even need to ask? You know. I regret it for sure but it doesn't matter," I replied.

"Skye, I’ll forgive you if you can tell me that we can work this out," he tried to reason.

"We can't work this out. I'm done trying to make this work. I'm sorry that I did this to you, you don't deserve it, but I don't think we can work this one out," I told him.

"Alright, I'll just grab my things and go," he finally said after a long silence.

He left and headed inside. It didn’t take him long to get everything. He left without saying anything. I went inside and went to my room. I cried and ended up falling asleep. I woke up when it was nighttime and told Alex I was going out and he nodded. I don't know how I ended up at the bar but I did. I lost count of how much I had to drink but it didn't matter to me. Alex must’ve gotten worried because Jack ended up finding me.

"Skye, it’s time to go now,” he said gently.

"I think I’m fine here," I replied.

"How many drinks have you had?" he asked.

"I lost count after five," I answered.

"Skye, we’re leaving," he insisted, trying to lead me away by the arm.

"I don’t think so," I argued, pulling away.

Jack sighed and threw me over his shoulder and left the bar. He put me in his car and then got into the driver’s seat and drove to his house. He put his car in park and helped me out of the car. I pushed him off of me.

"I can walk on my own," I spat.

I stumbled a little bit and Jack sighed.

"Yeah, no, you can't," he said.

Jack helped me into the house and Jade came out of the kitchen. I was too drunk to focus on anything. I could see Jade looking concerned.

"What the fuck?" Jade asked.

"Your best guess is mine," Jack said.

Well, I guess I had some explaining to do.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you to those of you reading! We hope you're enjoying the story and that you'll recommend and please comment!