Pop Culture.

But I haven't slept in days, I haven't dreamt in nights

Markie

After a night out, I drag myself into my apartment. When I get inside, I see Devon in the kitchen cooking up some omelettes,

“Making yourself at home, I see,” I chuckle when I see my new roommate jump a bit. I look deeper into the kitchen and see that he went food shopping.

“You didn’t have any food in your fridge,” he notes. “I picked up a few things, if you don’t mind. I wanted to surprise you for breakfast.”

“Thank you,” I smile. “And be all means, make yourself at home. You’ll be here more than I will be.”

“If you’re rarely home, why buy such a big place?” He asks me.

“Status thing,” I shrug. “I used to live here with a boyfriend of sorts. He left me about a year ago. Recently the size of this place got to be too much for one person; hence why you’re here.” He just nods his head before changing the subject, thankfully,

“So what kind of omelette do you like?” He asks, “I’ve got peppers, onions, cheese, bacon; basically anything you can image. I didn’t know what you liked. I even bought other things; I wasn’t sure if you were like other L.A girls that jumped on the vegan fad or not.” He rambles on, nervously.

“Bacon and Cheese would be fine,” I laugh as I sit at the breakfast bar. “I tried the whole vegetarian thing and my love for bacon won out. Fake bacon isn’t the same.” He chuckles,

“Do you like veggie burgers?”

“Of course,” I smile. “I still eat certain vegetarian food but not a lot. You won’t see me eating tofurkey again.”

“I’ll keep that in mind when shopping then.” His laugh is contagious and genuine.

“Do you need any help?” I ask.

“Did you get any sleep?” He asks me, not answering my question. “You were out all night.”

“I crashed at my friend’s house last night,” I lie. “Besides, I’ve gone 48 hours without sleep before, it’s not going to kill me.”

“Yet.” He counters. “I don’t need help in the kitchen, just do whatever you do.”

“Okay then,” I say getting up off the bar stool. “I’ll be right back, I’m going to go take a shower.”

“Food should be ready by the time you get back.” He smiles. I return it before heading off to take my shower…

**

“So what made you want to get into marketing?” I ask between bites of an amazing omelette.

“I honestly don’t know,” he replies. “But ever since I was younger, I would tell my momma that I would be part of the team that made a commercial for the Superbowl.”

“That’s really cute,” I giggle. “She must be proud that you’re following your dreams.”

“She passed away last year,” he admits. “I was working in the family’s car shop as a mechanic. Her death is the reason why I moved to the city and started going back to school. After I graduated high school, I took classes on and off but now I’m giving it my full attention.”

“That’s great,” I smile. “I’m sure she’s looking down on you all proud of her boy.”

“Thanks.” He says with a smile. “So you never told me what you did for a living. I’m going to assume you’re a call girl til proven otherwise.”

“I work for a modeling company.” I tell him. “But I’m what you would call an atmosphere model. I get paid to show up at events, promote products and nightclubs and shit like that.”

“You get paid to party?” He questions, a tinge of laughter in his tone. “I’m living with a professional party girl.”

“It’s better than living with a call girl.” I note as I take both of our empty plates and head to the kitchen.

“What are you doing?” He questions me.

“Cleaning up,” I reply as if it wasn’t obvious before. “Where I’m from, the cook never cleans up. So since you cooked, I clean.”

“Are you sure?” He asks. “Because I can clean up; I made the mess.”

“Don’t worry about it.” I tell him. “I’ve got this. Besides don’t you have class today or something?”

“Class got cancelled.” He replies. “So, I’ve got nothing to do til seven tonight.”

“Want to chill with me?” I suggest. “I’m off for a couple days so we could always marathon something on Netflix. I heard they finally put on the Daredevil series that Netflix was doing.”

“You like those kind of shows?” He questions.

“I grew up with two older brothers and no sisters, I was a big tomboy growing up.” I explain to him. “Instead of obsessing over Barbie, I was obsessing over Captain America or Batman. It wasn’t until high school I became a girly-girl.”

“I’d love to hang out with you.” He states. “I’d like to get to know my roommate.”

“Same.” I let out a chuckle. “Lose the sunglasses and set up Netflix. I’ll clean up and make an extreme amount of popcorn then we’ll be set.”

“Yea, today is going to be fun.” He says. “It’s been awhile since I had a day like this.”

What he says, gets me thinking. It’s been awhile since I had a day where I hung out with someone watching Netflix. Usually when I hang out with people it’s at an A-List party and I’m working. But maybe having Devon as a roommate will benefit me. I get to finally hang out with someone normal.

“It’s been awhile for me too,” I admit to him. “Let me get washing, then we can marathon Daredevil.” I tell him before completely disappearing into the kitchen to clean up so we can officially start our marathon...
♠ ♠ ♠
Markie
Devon

Originally I had Sebastian Stan as Devon's faceclaim but I think Brody Jenner is more what I'm looking for. I'm still looking for characters if you're interested in being in the story. Just message me. =]

comment&subscribe?