Untitled

Clint Barton - Never Gonna Give You Up

Never Gonna Give You Up
Request for һıɢһĿʏ ғȗṅċṭıọṅıṅɢ ṡọċıọƿåṭһ

“Thank you! Come again!” you called as another content customer left your bakery. You’d had quite a busy morning. Customer after customer filed into your bakery, ordering coffee and cupcakes and muffins left and right.
You finally got a break as the morning rush ended. You cleaned up the counters and restocked the display case before sitting down on a stool with your own cup of coffee. You took a break as the bell above the door jingled, signaling that another customer had entered. You plastered a smile on your tired face and approached the counter.
“Hey there, how can I help-” You were cut off as you caught sight of the stranger’s face. No, not stranger.
“(y/n)?” a familiar voice asked.
“Clint?” you responded, eyes widening. Clint Barton, your high school crush. You hadn’t seen or heard from him since you both graduated.
“This is your bakery?” he inquired.
“Yeah, it is,” you replied shyly.
“So you did achieve your dream,” he noted with a smile.
You’d spent so much time in high school taking cooking classes, and you’d gone to college for business classes. You really wanted this bakery.
“I hear you’re part of SHIELD now,” you stated. You’d seen a few blurbs on the news about SHIELD and the Avengers.
He nodded. “Tony Stark’s throwing a party and he wants this bakery to provide food.”
You grabbed your order pad and a pen. “What’s the order?” You scribbled down the archer’s response, smiling as you finished. “When do you need this done by?”
Clint winced as though he didn’t want to answer. “Five o’clock tonight.”
You glanced at the Disney clock on the wall, which stated that the current time was just after eleven. “Five should be fine.”
“Thanks,” he said with a nod. He turned to leave, pausing as his hand rested on the door. “Hey…”
You looked at him with a raised brow. “Yeah?”
“You wanna come to the party? Starts at six. You could follow me when I come collect the order.”
“Can I?” you asked, half excited and half cautious.
He shrugged. “Sure. I’m allowed to invite people.”
“I’d love to,” you smiled.
You saw him return the gesture as he left.

Four o’clock rolled around and the entire order for Stark’s party was finished. You cleaned up the counters and machines, making sure the bakery was ready for closing. You usually stayed open later, but you had to get ready for the party.
You ran upstairs to the loft which doubled as your apartment. You rummaged through your closet, selecting a (f/c) knee-length dress with off-shoulder straps. The bodice was form-fitting and flattering while the skirt was loose and allowed for movement. You added a pair of black sandal wedges and pulled your (h/c) locks into a loose side braid.
You went back downstairs with your purse in hand and finished preparing the bakery for closing. You heard the bell above the door jingle as a familiar face walked in. Clint smiled at you as you produced trays full of the sweets Tony had ordered. You slipped on your favorite jacket and helped Clint carry the trays out to his car.
Once the treats were loaded, Clint opened the passenger door and held it out for you. He closed it once you were inside and ran around to open his own door. You arrived at Stark Tower within minutes.
He opened your door and offered a hand to help you out, which you took just to be close to him. You helped him unload the trays and followed him inside. He led you to the elevator and asked JARVIS to take you two to the party floor. You were surprised when the ceiling responded back to Clint with a “Of course, sir.”
Deciding to ask about the talking walls later, you followed the archer off the elevator and into the kitchen attached to the main party area. You set the trays of food on the counter as Clint told the hired bartender to set things up. He also ordered drinks for the two of you before leading you away from the bar.
“Would you like a tour?” he inquired.
“Sure,” you replied. He led you through the party floor and explained the general purpose for each floor – Tony’s many work labs, the Avengers’ guest bedrooms on certain floors, and Tony’s own personal floor.
“Hey, Tony,” he called as said billionaire caught the two of you walking around.
“Who’s this pretty thing?” Tony grinned, looking you up and down.
“My date,” Clint replied with an eye roll. “Tony, this is (y/n). We were classmates in high school. (y/n), meet Tony Stark.”
You offered your hand for Tony to shake, only for him to bring it to his lips and gently kiss your knuckles.
“Nice to meet you,” you said politely.
“My pleasure,” he smirked, releasing your hand.
Clint rolled his eyes again and continued walking, introducing you to every Avenger, agent, and friend that you passed. You’d even met Pepper, who was supervising Tony to make sure he didn’t drink too much.
“And I thought the Tower looked cool from the outside,” you breathed after Clint had taken you to top floor where the balcony was. “It’s amazing.”
“Money does that,” he shrugged.
“Sorry,” you mumbled. “You’re probably used to this place.”
“I’ve always admired how excited you get about things,” he smiled, moving to stand behind you as you leaned against the balcony railing.
“Really?” you questioned, turning your head to look up at him.
“I thought it was so cute how much heart you put into everything,” he admitted softly. “You had so much love for everything you did, and you never let anything bring you down.”
A blush claimed your cheeks as you looked back to the outside world. A breeze blew by, causing you to shiver. You’d left your jacket on the party floor.
Clint noticed and shrugged his own jacket off, draping it across your shoulders. You smiled up at him, clutching the edges of the jacket to keep it from falling to the floor. You turned around, still trapped between him and the balcony. His hands were on either side of you, grasping the railing behind you.
You looked up at him, and the world seemed to fade away. Your crush seemed to be returning – or had it always been there? You supposed it could have just stayed there, all these years, waiting to be remembered.
He looked back at you, leaning forward enough to rest his forehead on yours. “I’ve missed you,” he breathed.
“I’ve missed you too,” you replied softly. He leaned in more and you closed your eyes, breath hitching in your throat as his lips met yours. His hand moved from the railing to wrap around your lower back, pulling you closer. Your hands rested on his chest, a soft sigh escaping through your nose. One of his hands slid up your side, over your shoulder, up the side of your face and tangled itself in your hair. You took in a breath as his lips parted from yours before they claimed yours a second time. His tongue grazed your lower lip, causing you to gasp and pull away slightly.
“I’ve wanted to do that for a long time,” he admitted.
“Why didn’t you?” you questioned.
“I didn’t think you’d want me to.”
“I’ve always wanted you to.”
“Well I know that now,” he grinned, kissing you again. You moved your arms to wrap around his neck, pulling him closer. He pulled away enough to brush his nose against yours, still smirking.
“I’m never letting you go again,” he stated.
“I hope not,” you smiled, kissing his nose.
You completely forgot about the party, too wrapped up in each other’s loving arms.