Status: This Is Only Part 1!

Curse of an Era

Chapter 4- To Blossom into Something Beautiful

“Is it true? Maat’s granddaughter is finally here to take her grandmother’s throne?” asked one goddess to another. Today all the deity-blood royals are at North Star Palace, to meet the heiress to the goddess of order’s throne. They all bring her jewelry with the ankh symbol on them, to award her for finding her way back to the universal top gods. She would be the biggest category of divine powers of them all.

“Tamyra! Tamyra! Have you met her yet?” asked a minor goddess to the sun deity, a descendant from the sun god, Ra. Tamyra is not his grandson, in fact being born with sun deity blood, and he doesn’t age and keeps a youthful look for him. Tamyra is five foot tall, 120 pounds, and looks like he’s a size of a preteen boy. The only drawback is how old he looks compared to his actual age, 3,500.

“Not personally. I always do love to meet with family.” He smiled gracefully. “Cousin, where’s your wife?” asked Nazwadjat behind him walking down the palace’s steps, with his son Eli behind him, his sister Zima on his left side of him, and his wife Queen Nisa Zachariah on the right side of him. Tamyra turned to greet him, by bowing to the royal family, showing a sign of respect to royals in their own homes. “Unfortunately, Mey-Ra wasn’t feeling socialable.” Tamyra said politely.

“Of course, no worries. I was alerted that our newest cousin will be arriving shortly, so enjoy yourself.”

“Most definitely. I see your father and great uncle are here. I don’t see your grandfather though.” Tamyra asked concerned.

“No, he is a very busy man.” Nazwadjat winked and walked towards his father, with Eli following.

“I see a beast drinking a goblet of blood..” hinted Osirah to his nephew, Memphis. Watching from the distance as a woman with plum colored hair and is freakishly tall, sips a goblet away from other guests. “Uncle, be nice! She isn’t causing conflict, let her be.” Memphis said turning to see his son and grandson.

“Eli, do you know what’s in my hand?” Memphis folded his palm for Eli to pick.

“Candy?” Eli asked as Memphis laughed. “What kind of candy?” Memphis asked his grandson.

“Butterscotch?” Eli asked.

“Correct!” Memphis said handing him the piece of candy and watched him walk away to show his mother.

“If it wasn’t butterscotch, what was it really?” Nazwadjat asked his father, already knowing the trick.

“A breath mint.” His father said casually.

“That’s what I thought.”

“So I see Lynx is here.” Memphis mentioned casually.

“You said once before, the past is the past, time to move on.” Nazwadjat said calmly.

“I guess, since she is technically a goddess and all.”

“The goddess of chaos…” muttered Osirah interrupting the conversation.

“Yeah I don’t know why chaos must exist to keep a balance of the universe? Neither did your mother.”

“Do you still think about her?” Nazwadjat asked looking up at his father.

“Of course, she’s your mother!” Memphis laughed.

“Father, I mean..do you think about her as your wife, your lover, your soul mate, you know, you did love her, right?”

“Naz, where are you getting at?” Memphis shot a facial expression at his son, of annoyance.

“Memphis, you and I both know what he’s talking about! You were able to choose your own bride for love at first sight, while Nazwadjat had an arranged marriage to Nisa when they were only fourteen! He’s asking about being in love with someone before marrying them!” Osirah interrupted again.

“Uncle, please stay out of this!!” Memphis glared.

“I'm just saying, if you have listened to your idiotic father, you would have been married to a goddess than a former belly dancer. Then again, I adore Nazwadjat over you and your father.”

“He is your brother! Why are you interrupting a conversation that isn’t your business?”

“I am talking to my great nephew; he is old enough to know the truth.” Osirah said walking away.

“What truth? What don’t I know?” Nazwadjat snapped.

“Your mother was a belly dancer before I married her. Before that, I was arranged to marry a goddess, but I wasn’t in love with her. The rumor was because I chose your mother, she was killed because she had no deity blood in her, and maybe some reapers felt it was an abomination. I can’t say that’s the truth a hundred percent, but it was a theory. No matter what, Maat feels that if we did know the truth behind it, it could cause more chaos among humans, so until she thinks it’s safe to dig up the truth, just be patient.” Memphis said walking away.

‘Why should I be left in the dark? Why is everything has to be a secret?’

----

“Memphis looks so handsome!” squealed one goddess. Lynx overheard the squealing looked up and saw Memphis facing her. “Lynx, how are you?” He asked politely.

“Fine, I am excited to finally meet my sister’s daughter. However, my brother is nowhere to be found, I see.”

“Well it is Saturday, he could be conducting a funeral procession at Resting Valley. You’re not still upset about him, working for my family? It was his decision after all.”

“No, I’m not upset. He didn’t find anything good in chaos, I am happy for him. Although he will miss meeting his niece.”

“I know today is special for you. I remember as children you and Ankh was so close.”

“Then one day, mother chose her to become her heiress, and father chose me to be his. The two kingdoms were already separate, it divided us much worse. Even though, order and chaos have to be balanced we still had to become enemies.” Lynx said.

“When I was really young, I heard about Ankh. How are you coping over losing your sister?”

“I’ve gotten better; At least I can protect my niece. She’s all I have left.” Lynx smiled.

----

“There she is! That must be her!” says one goddess.

“She is so beautiful, just like her mother!” says another.

“What’s her name?” asked Memphis to Lynx.

“I don’t remember it’s been so long.” Lynx says.

“Good evening, every one! I’m the goddess of order. I am a descendent of Maat, and daughter of the late Queen Ankh. My name is Nepsa Aloiv.” She said smiling.

“Nepsa Aloiv?” Lynx said in shock dropping her goblet to the floor.

-----

“So Nepsa was reincarnated as a goddess? Who knew?” McRosa giggled outside the palace with Taylor, both in disguise.

‘At least Kelter should be relieved. I know that I am.’ Thought Taylor.

------

To Be Continued….
♠ ♠ ♠
Book 1- Chapter 4