Status: This Is Only Part 1!

Curse of an Era

Chapter 5- Every power has its weakness!

"It's so damn early!" Whined Henry. Henry and Taylor were both called to McRosa’s home, to discard and to hide certain evidence. Lynx has ordered to hide the drug, not to dispose of it. Her pawns are still very valuable to the plan she has laid out over twenty-nine years ago, the weakness to reapers. She will not dispose the ultimate weapon to kill them: ‘X413’.

“Stop, your belly-aching! I packed as much as I could; I just need both of you to hide it in a safe, well-hidden place.” McRosa said pointing to six large brown cardboard boxes.

A lot has happened, Nepsa Aloiv was reincarnated as a goddess, and the Army of Darkness may discover the truth behind the drug, ‘X413’. The smart thing is to dispose the evidence, but the goddess of chaos is still in charge.

“Make sure it’s all moved to a safe place, tonight!” McRosa ordered the two.

---

“Zianni, wait up!” Gurmaine said following the necrophiliac mortician. Back at Resting Valley, Kiye Michaels came by from the country’s capital to fix the SCULL units. Zianni sped up her pace before stopping in front of a random door, knocking at first, but then opening the door.

“Kiye! You’re finally back! Alice was so mean to me! She called me a necro-necrophilia-ack? I think that’s what she called me, and I also lost Kenneth for a week, turns out I left him in the kitchen the whole time..Oh, these are the Carlo siblings; they’re here for you or something.” Zianni said while leaving the trio to greet each other.

“Hello, I am terribly sorry you’ve been waiting. I’ve was made aware by Master Memphis Zachariah that I needed to repair the SCULL units.” He said walking out to find another room where the units were already in.

“Thank you for your time. Since you are the royal family’s private doctor, you must be very busy.” Memare said keeping up with conversation.

“Our mistress of the two lands, was very ill, I had to watch her privately.” Kiye mentioned casually.

“The queen was ill?” Gurmaine asked.

“What I have observed, she is fine. She claims to not feeling well enough to even leave her bed.”

“What does the king think?” Memare asked.

“What do you mean?” asked Kiye.

“Well if anyone should know her well, it would be her own husband! My husband would know if I was ill, we do share a bed together. Wouldn’t her husband would know if she was faking illness as well?” Memare pointed out.

“Well actually, the king and queen aren’t very close as other married couples. In fact, they have different bedrooms.”

“Really, why?” Gurmaine asked.

“Because they were married as children, before they met each other, their first date was their wedding. Young arranged marriages aren’t always a hundred percent romantic or perfect. In fact, they marry to please their families and their status.”

---

“What’s that?” Ziye asked Ardeth. They were back at the Army of Darkness headquarters, planning to seize and search McRosa’s home, a command by Master Osirah.

“You ask too many questions…” Ardeth muttered.

“I was curious! Why are you always talking to me like I’m annoying you!”

“Maybe you are.” Ziye felt like arguing back but decided to keep quiet.

Ardeth got up with his weapon and passed Zara while she walked in.

“Ardeth, that was rude!” She said. Ardeth ignored her and kept walking passed her. She turned to Ziye to see the anger on his face.

“Ziye, he’s just been under so much pressure, because of Master Osirah. I just wish Master didn’t always compared Ardeth to his father and grandfather. He didn’t mean what he said, I swear! Ardeth is actually a nice, sweet, considerate guy.” Zara smiled.

“Not to sphinxes. I’m just a nuisance.” Ziye muttered.

---

As Ardeth kept walking away, Yukel walked besides him looking at the hurt facial expression on his face.

“What’s wrong?” Yukel asked sympathetic.

“I was going through my desk, and I found this photo,” Ardeth held up a photo of Memare, himself, and three children. “No matter how much I deny it, it seems Ziye reminds me of one of my own children.”

“Children?” Yukel asked shocked. He couldn’t imagine, Ardeth a father? Memare couldn’t be their mother, she’s too free spirited.

“They ran away when they were young, over a silly argument. I wished I was able to fix things back then, but hopefully I could fix this argument now.” Ardeth says walking back to his office where Ziye and Zara was.

Yukel watched and still tried to process Ardeth and Memare as parents, it wasn’t an easy thought. Ardeth is stubborn, quiet, serious no matter what, control freak, bitter, strict, and never smiles. Memare is more wild, fun, always positive, optimistic, and beautiful. How on earth did those two have three kids? They don’t even wear wedding rings, and Memare still goes by her maiden name! Yukel is still the rookie and still doesn’t know his friends and their private past.

---

“Welcome Lady Nepsa!” An elderly man with platinum blonde hair and beard said to Nepsa. Nepsa finally arrived to the universal kingdom, and she is one of the top five deities at the universal kingdom. Right before her is the son of one of the creator gods, he is the universal god, Ay. Ay goes through different stages of human life, in a cycle that repeats every day. From birth to death, youth to senior, a cycle that never ends.

“Thank you, my lord of Maat. I really do feel welcomed and glad to be home.” She smiled gracefully. Nepsa really did change, compared to what she looked like as a human; she is taller, her hips are wider, her breasts are bigger, her hair color is lighter, and her eyes are the color of calm teal sea. However, she still misses Kelter.

---

While fixing Moko’s eyes, Kiye tries to recall memories of Victor Van Gore.

“The man was a very troubled and frail man. In fact, I remembered once he went on about his girlfriend trying to change him.” Kiye said cleaning the once stained marks on Moko’s false eyes.

“Girlfriend not wife?” asked Gurmaine.

“Girlfriend.” Kiye stated. “He wouldn’t settle for her, but he did felt sorry for her.”

“sorry?” Gurmaine asked.

“At the time, she was the last of her kind, from where she lived. Later she discovered there is more of her specimen, but only one male left.”

“Specimen? She wasn’t a reaper?” Gurmaine asked.

“Nope. A black winged angel. A black winged angel is a rare specimen, because the feathers of the wings are exotically beautiful compared to white wing or golden winged angels, humans would hunt them to have the wings as souvenirs. Not all humans know about their existence, so even though they are rare, not a lot of humans hunted them.”

“What was this angel’s name?” Memare asked.

“I believe it was Emiley McRosa.”

“Did she know anyone who would be involved after Gore’s death?” Memare asked again.

“What do you mean?” Kiye asked.

“I mean Queen Kavita’s killer?”

“Like I said, she found out later there are more like her specimen. Check the angel sanctuaries; they might know more of her close angel allies.”

---

“What is it, Zeke?” Osirah asked.

“I haven’t slept well lately; I have a lot on my mind. Master Iset mentioned something; he said it was a warning.” Zeke said nervously.

“Go on.” Osirah nodded.

“Every power has its weakness. What does that mean?” Zeke quoted.

“It could be deciphered in many ways. However, Zeke, only you could decipher that meaning because it’s about you, correct?”

“Correct.” Zeke gulped.

“My advice would be is for you to overcome whatever weakness you believe you may have. It seems that in this case it’s your biggest flaw. Whatever is your biggest flaw is your true weakness. Just don’t let it control you. Understand?”

“Right, sir.”

---

“Are we ready? Does everyone remember the plan?” Ardeth asked.

“I don’t.” Ziye raised his hand.

“Okay,” Ardeth sighed. “Gurmaine, Lacey, and Zeke are one group. Memare, Yukel, Ziye, and myself is another group. The operation is to investigate Gore’s home. Remember, no one splits from their group or act alone! Gore’s widow has the ‘X413’ drug in possession, so Ziye stay behind me at all times! Got it?” Ardeth elaborated.

“Yes, sir!” Ziye saluted.

“Alright, are Moko and Sally working?” Ardeth asked.

“Already to go, Lieutenant!” Gurmaine responded.

---

Moko and Sally are SCULL units that resembles little innocent girls. SCULL units can turn invisible their eyes are surveillance cameras that can spy on enemies. Their owners, the Carlo siblings can see what they see, by tuning out the outside distractions their eyes are synced as one.

Moko is a blonde and blue eyed SCULL unit with great hearing, while Sally is a red head that could sense someone approaching. Unique functions for different SCULL units, the important thing is that they can be to see danger before stepping in a dangerous situation.

“Do you sense that, Taylor?” McRosa asked.

“hm?” Taylor asked.

“We are being watched. They have arrived.” She smirked. She instructed for Taylor and Henry to hide their senses, so the SCULL units cannot detect them. In order to do that, they must focus on steadying their breathing and not allow any emotions, thoughts, and movement to be present. The SCULL units left the outside of McRosa’s home and approached their owners signaling it is safe to approach.

---

“We’ll take the back entrance. Go to the front.” Ardeth instructed Gurmaine’s group. Once separating, Ardeth’s group made it inside from the back the house safely, while a crash sound was present to the front of the house. A blockage came crashing down from the roof separating Ardeth and Ziye, from Memare and Yukel.

---

“Did you hear that?” Zeke whispered.

“I hope they are okay.” Zara prayed.

“I’m going ahead to check it out.” Zeke said panicking and running out towards the front door, where he could be easily spotted.

“Zeke, wait! You can’t separate from us! It’s dangerous!” Zara tried to grab his wrist and then it suddenly happened. ‘BANG!’ Zeke fell face first in front of the door.

“ZARA!” Yelled Gurmaine, as he jumped and tackled her into a nearby bush, to protect her from other gun shots. Sally inched closer to whisper, “The shooter has left. Unfortunately, we lost Powers.”

“…Zeke…no…” Zara cried.

---

“Is there anyone else nearby?” Memare asked.

“No. They escaped.” Moko bowed her head.

“Where did that shot come from?” Yukel asked trying to remove the wooden remains of a collapsed roof that separated their squad members.

“Outside, in front of the front door.” Moko sensed.

“WHAT!? GURMAINE!?!” cried Memare.

“…Zara..” Yukel muttered with a tear streaming down his face.

The wooden remains were split into two, with Ardeth walking through with Ziye.

“Are you all okay?” Ardeth asked watching Memare cry.

“We are fine. However, we heard a gunshot went off out front, the shooter escaped.” Yukel explained as Ardeth and Ziye’s eyes widened.

They shot through once again with Ardeth’s weapon, and ran out to see Zara weeping over the body of Zeke Powers.

---

“His weakness took over him.” Osirah said, at the universal kingdom Iset called his brother to talk about the ‘warning’ that didn’t help to prevent the loss of Zeke Powers.

“May he rest for now.” Iset said opposite from his twin brother.

“Why couldn’t we tell him?”

“Because Maat wanted him to figure out on his own. To figure out the meaning of life, is a self-journey and experience. That’s a lesson that one should solve on his or her own, unfortunately.” Iset bowed his head in sympathy.

---

“There’s nothing left here. Everything is destroyed, no evidence, and McRosa escaped. What should we do, Ardeth?” Memare asked.

“There are three people involved.” Moko spoke up.

“What?!?” Gurmaine jumped.

“That’s right McRosa and two males. One is a reaper, the other is the last black winged angel.” Sally agreed.

“A reaper?” Memare asked.

“Another black winged angel?” asked Yukel.

“Why would a reaper kill his own kind?” Ardeth asked.

“He seems troubled.” Sally stated.

“Troubled? Of course he’s troubled! We are after him for killing his own kind.” Gurmaine snapped.

“No, I think he’s being forced. I sensed he felt he was against killing, he feels guilty and ashamed.” Moko said.

“If so, he is still going to judgement. What about the angel?” Ardeth demanded.

“He’s being forced too.” Sally said.

“They can’t be all innocent after what they did.” Yukel yelled.

“Only one of them pulled the trigger. It was not the reaper.” Moko pointed out.

---
To Be Continued.....