What Once Was Lost (3 of 3)

Memories of the Past

It is a normal day in Erebor people busying themselves about their various concerns. I am walking through the main hall and Thorin calls over to me. “Lady Chase” I turn and look at him. Realising it's the young Prince I curtsy slightly. He smiles at me but the next thing I know is the gate of Erebor bursts open, the doors and parts of the wall goes flying and I duck narrowly missing being hit by debris. An inferno of fire bursts through the gate only moments afterwards but somehow I don't get burned by the flames even though I'm standing directly in the path of it, the flames move around me as if I'm in a protective bubble. I look around confused and the flames suddenly stop, everyone is gone and only debris remains. I look back to the gate and Smaug is standing there looking at me with his glowing eyes. I notice I'm no longer standing in the entrance hall but on the piles of gold. “I am King Un...der the Mountain” The dragon starts to speak but then he turns into Thorin while speaking. He has his head down looking at what he's holding in his hands but I can not tell what it is.
“Thorin?” I say unsure, my voice echoing. He looks up and his eyes are like Smaug's. Suddenly he's sitting on the broken throne and we're in the throne room, his eyes fade to normal as he chuckles a little as he looks at me before turning to start counting gold. Lying on the floor around him are the rest of the company and Bilbo dead, He's not bothered about the bloody, arrow impaled, dead bodies in front of his feet. I look at them in horror before feeling something stab into my back, followed by a few more arrows as I fall to my knees. I look down seeing arrows protruding out of my front as well as those in my back and blood staining my torso and hands. I look at Thorin, feeling weak and I fall onto my side looking at Thorin who is just laughing, still counting his gold, as my vision fades to black.

I wake up fast and look around for a moment, realising that I'm at home. I brush my hair out of my face with my hand and curse under my breath at the nightmare, always dreaming about death... I get out of bed and get dressed.
I decide to look through my parents old belongings. I haven't looked through them yet since being here, been to pre occupied with Thorin and his lust or gold. I sigh, should I go and find the others? I wonder. I shake my head, if they need me they know where I am.
I look through my mothers closet and smile as I remember her wearing these dresses, the white dress with a delicate blue floral design around the bottom of the skirt always made her look divine. I then notice reflecting the candle light slightly, something in the back of the closet that I have never seen her wear before, more to the point, something I have never seen, at all. I push aside the clothes to get a better look and see a set of armour and a sword. My mother had armour? I always thought she hated fighting. I take the armour out and look at it. As I inspect it I notice on the inside at the back is my name engraved in simple script. My mother has never mentioned this before. She used to always frown whenever I mentioned that I wanted to be in the army, but now I find a suit of armour with my name engraved into it? Did she frown at the thought of me fighting, or joining the army full of people who didn't really accept me? Or did she not want me fighting for the dwarves?Well, I decide to see if it fits.

I manage to get the armour on and it's a perfect fit, no rubbing or difficulty moving. I still do not understand how it fits so well and has my name on it. Did my mother somehow know? But that is not possible, if she knew why did she not warn anyone?

I go back to the closet and take out the sword that's in a very decorative solid silver and steel sheath. Obviously elvish made just like the armour. I unsheathe the sword and feel the balance. It's light and extremely well balanced. It's not blunt or in any way rusty or in need of repair, ancient elvish work.
I sit on the edge of the bed and simply hold the sword, looking at it, did these belong to my mother? Did she used to be a fighter before meeting my father? Maybe that's how they met? Fighting together or something? Perhaps I didn't know my parents as well as I thought I remembered them?
♠ ♠ ♠
I am so sorry that this is so short and has taken so long to update. I've got too much college work to do. (Games design level 3, really advanced stuff) As well as some personal issues to deal with. I'll be honest, I never feel very good at this time of month. I think it's like SADs (Seasonal Affective Disorder) but instead of winter I have it in the summer months. I do not thing I will be able to upload a new chapter for a few more months. I may even wait until the Extended edition is out which is (from what I have heard) More like the book and more like how Peter Jackson wanted it to be. He never wanted the silly love triangle in the film but whoever was directing/writing the film before Peter took over, whoever included that seriously messed up the story. I, personally like the films, but not so much the love triangle, I would prefer to think of it as Legolas and Taurial being almost like siblings.
So yes, I am sorry I have not updated and that this is short. I really do not feel good, with hayfever and other things combined.
Please forgive me.