What Once Was Lost (3 of 3)

Long Live The King!

I wake up in bed in my stone carved house. The last thing I remember is talking to Thorin and then we kissed.
The next few days pass and alarmingly I knew what was going to happen before it happened. Thorin becoming obsessed with the treasure. Fili, Kili, Oin and Bofur arrive alive and unharmed after Smaug attacked Lake-town. The elves in Dale. The Failed negotiations. The nightmare of Thorin being Smaug. It's as if walking around in a daydream.
I go and speak to Thorin, I know he's not too far gone, so hopefully he will listen.
"If you carry on this way you are going to die." I say as I walk to the throne which he is sitting upon "You, Fili and Kili are all going to die." I say now that I have his attention "I have... Foreseen it. I don't know how but it scares me... These past few days have happened exactly how I have seen them happening" He looks at me curiously, questioningly, wondering how I know "I had a dream..." I start to explain but he scoffs.
"A dream?" He asks sounding amused.
"Yes, and everything that has happened since I woke up has been exactly the same as what happened in the dream." I say worried. He, clearly, is not taking me seriously.
"And what happened in this dream of yours?" he asks smiling
"Dain comes with an army. The elves and dwarves fight and th-" He cuts me off
"That is how we die?" He asks grinning as if I had told a joke
"That is when were-worms break through the mountain near Dale and an army of orcs emerges, commanded by Azog atop Ravenhill" I say simply
His expression changed from amusement to curious concern but as he turns back to the throne he dismisses it.
"It is but a dream" He says simply, not looking at me.
I stand there for a moment frustrated before turning and leaving, but I know he will come around, I am sure of it, I just hope it will not be too late. I go to find Fili and Kili to warn them.
"Chase?" I hear Kili ask sounding concerned as I walk down a hallway.
"Kili, where's your brother?" I ask as I turn to see the dark haired dwarf.
"Is everything alright?" Fili asks from behind me. I turn to him and Kili walks closer to his brother..
"Whatever happens, I want you two to stay in this mountain, and stay together." I say seriously
"What is it?" Fili asks, both of them looking confused.
I wrestle with the idea of telling them or not and I eventually decide not to tell them everything. "If you go beyond those walls, you'll both die. Don't ask me how I know, it's complicated..." I say simply before walking away to try and plan for what I know is going to happen.
The rest caries on the same way as I had dreamt it would. He hits me and almost throws Bilbo from the Ramparts. The elves and dwarves fight, the were worms and orcs arive, Dwalin and I go to speak to Thorin exactly how we had before. Thorin comes back to his senses and comes to speak to me giving me my parents wedding rings and my mother's locket. But then he asks me about my dream
"You predicted all of this from a dream, what do you know?" he asks now taking me seriously.
"You go to kill Azog on Ravenhill. You send Fili and Kili to scout the tower but it's a trap. He knew you would come for him. Fili dies, then Kili, and then you." I say not wanting this nightmare to happen.
"...How do they die?" He asks looking like he doesn't really want to know.
"Fili is dragged to the top of the tower by Azog and killed in front of us before being dropped off the edge of the ruin. I didn't see what happens to Kili but it was a large circular wound in his chest. I was told it was Bolg. And you are walking on the frozen river when Azog bursts from below causing you to fall onto your back on the ice. You fight block an attack but he is stronger than you. He wounds you and that's when you kill him, but you die after reconciling with Bilbo"
"Well, we need to make sure that does not happen then" Thorin says looking at though he has a plan.
The plan is the same as it was with a few break open the barricade with the bell and charge the orcs.
Bofur takes control of a troll.
Thorin saves me from an orc, I save him from a warg and we get seperated.
But then something I didn't see in my dream. Mounted elves come riding through the orcs, two of them ride towards me and stop in front of me. They are not armoured like Mirkwood elves, but Rivendell elves. The two riders before me are the brothers Elladan and Elrohir
''Lady Chase'' Elladan greets me in elvish, smiling and bowing slightly
''Our father sent us, he thought you could use the help'' Elrohir says also in elvish and smiling
A horse whinnies off to my right and I look to see an unmounted black, armoured horse, I recognise the equine as Fearlof, my horse that bolted with the others when the wargs attacked us before we got to Imladris.
''Thank you'' I mount the saddle and nod at them. I look around and see Bofur, and Bombur helping Bifur who has his axe stuck in an orc's head. I look to Ravenhill to see Thorin, Fili, Kili and Dwalin riding up to the top on goats.
''We're with you, what do you need us to do?'' Elladan asks
"I need you and your soldiers to hide in the ruins until I give the signal then attack the orcs in Ravenhill watchtower" I say. They nod and call a company of their soldiers and I kick my horse into a gallop straight towards the ruins. Ploughing through the orcs and cutting them down as we go Elladan and Elrohir and their forces not too far behind me.
We get to the top just as Goblins start to appear and we take them down easily.
"Fili and Kili?" I ask
"In the tower." Thorin says
It goes as predicted. Bilbo appears and is surprised to know that we know it's a trap.
The drum sounds and we're ready for it. Azog strides forward dragging Fili and holds him above the one hundred meter drop.
"Chase?!" Thorin says wondering when I am going to make a move.

"Not yet..." I say quietly still mounted on Fearlof.

'This one dies first.' Azog says in blackspeech 'Then the brother. Then you, Oakenshield. You will die last.'
"Chase!" He says getting agitated.
"Now!" Fili calls giving me the signal that he is ready.
Azog goes to strike Fili and I quickly draw my bow and shoot at Azog who drops Fili in surprise. Fili drops past the first ledge but grabs the second and climbs up and runs to meet up with his brother. The company of elves rush out from the ruins on this side of the river and the look on Azog's face is one of surprise and anger. I ride towards the ruins and into the tunnels clearing out the orcs and finding Fili who has been disarmed by the orcs. I hand him weapons and we go our separate ways fighting the orcs. I ride up the steps of the ruins towards where I saw Kili and I see Fili and Kili fighting Bolg with Tauriel, Mirkwood's Captain of the Guard. Bolg is easily defeated by the two brothers so I head for the edge and my horse jumps onto a platform lower down and again until we get back to the floor.
I make my way back to the river finding Thorin fighting Azog on an ice float as Bolg's army is coming down the hill. The eagles swoop over Azog who watches surprised as the majestic birds sweep through the army as if they were ants. I watch as Baorn drops from the back of one of them and transforms and starts tearing through the orcs.
I hear Azog cry out causing me to look back to the river as he goes under the ice. I kick my horse to move who trots towards the river as Thorin looks down at the ice again. A Blade stabs up through the frozen river into Thorin's foot, he cries out in pain and falls backwards as Azog smashes through the two inch thick ice causing my horse to rear in panic and throw me off onto my back.
I look back to Thorin and the Pale Orc to see Thorin blocking the blade heading for his chest. Rather than holding the blade he moves it to the left so it sticks into the ice and he stabs Azog in the neck with a dagger that he retrieves from his belt. The orc topples onto his side and Thorin grabs Orchrist and stabs Azog through the heart using all his force to push the blade all the way in.
Thorin stands, stumbling from the wound in his foot and I get up and rush over to him to make sure he's alright. I fuss over him like a parent fusses over an injured child.
"Chase, I'm alright" He says smiling softly and brushing my loose hair from my face and behind my ear. I hug him tightly and he hugs back as he kisses my forehead.
"You know, you never answered me when I told you I was going to ask you to marry me" He says sounding amused. I look up to him surprised but then I realise he didn't actually ask, he only said he was going to.
"Well, you only said you were going to ask, you never actually asked" I say grinning cheekily.
He pulls away and gets down on one knee on the ice. "Lady Chase, will you do me the honour of becoming my wife? Or do you need to dream about it first?" he teases a little
I blush and cover my face with my hands before hugging him tightly. "Yes. I will marry you" I say smiling and kneeling down and kissing him.
I hear Bilbo yell happily from the side of the river and I look to see him with both hands raised in the hair cheering. I blush and look down at the ice. Thorin starts to stand up and I help him as he walks over to the edge to see the orcs retreating back through their holes from whence they came. Thorin cheers and holds up his sword and holds me close with the other as I support him with both arms. The dwarves down on the fields look up and cheer, also raising their weapons.
Fearlof trots over to me and whinnies happily.
"Your people await their king" I say softly looking at him. "You shouldn't keep them waiting"

The company look on at their leader claiming his rightful title as King Under The Mountain, The dwarves and men of Lake Town all stand and watch as Gandalf crowns Thorin King.
"Long live the king!" Balin shouts raising his sword.
"Long live the king!" The company shout also raising their weapons.
"Long live the king!" The army and men cry raising their weapons.
Thorin bows his head to all his new subjects and in response all take a knee in respect. Thorin motions for everyone to rise.
"My first act as king will be to uphold my promise to the people of Lake Town, a share of the treasure so they may rebuild what the dragon has taken. And to return Erebor and Dale to their former glory, never again will I be blinded by greed, all will share in the wealth of the mountain." Thorin decrees causing cheers to erupt from all. "Now go break open the ale" he says smiling and causing more cheers from the crowd.
♠ ♠ ♠
More? Or should I mark as completed?