Status: In progress

The Last Good Thing About This Part of Town

Last Good Thing about this part of town

When Friday finally rolled around, I about jumped out of bed and got ready. I was beyond ready for the audition and so ready for my date with Nicolette.

I had the perfect date planned out. I texted her before I got ready.

CANT WAIT 4 2NITE. MAKE SURE U WEAR SOMETHING WARM :)

She responded right away

OHHH WHERE R U TAKING ME?

U WILL JUST HAVE 2 WAIT ;)

That week, we had been spending so much time together. We would walk to first period together if she was early, and she had been every day since I dropped her off, have class together, walk together in the hallways, and we even had lunch together the day before. And if we weren't together, we were texting each other non-stop.

I even walked her to practice that whole week. I kind of felt a little bit awkward about that considering that her ex boyfriend would give me a look that made him a little intimidated.

“Don’t worry about him, he's just hurt that I wouldn't give him another chance. He won't actually do anything” She had said

“I don’t know. He looks pretty mad, and I am kind of on his turf right now.”

“Well if he does try anything, he's like 5’6 and 120 pounds, you'd knock him out in one swing”

“Yeah I guess, but just to be safe, I’m gonna leave now.” I said with a small laugh

“Okay, I’ll talk to you later” she said and turned around to walk into the locker room.

I put my phone down and started getting ready. I showered and brushed my teeth, put on some black boots, a black Pierce The Veil shirt, and black skinny jeans. I headed down to the kitchen and grabbed a cooler and filled it with fruits, veggies and some water and juice since I wasn't coming back to the house after the audition. I asked my dad the day before if I could use his truck that day and he said it was fine. I put my sunglasses on, grabbed the keys and my backpack and my favorite set of sticks and left for school.

On my way there, I stopped for some coffee, which I did every day since I gave Nicolette a ride to school. I left a little early cause I anticipated that there was going to be a long line, especially since it was Friday and everyone needed a caffeine high to get through Friday.

WHATS UR DRINK ORDER?

I texted her

U DONT HAVE 2 DO THAT!!

I WANT 2!! DONT WORRY BOUT IT!

FINE. MED ICED COFFEE W 3 CREAM AND 1 SUGAR IN THE RAW.

GOT IT :)

:P

I just laughed at her last text and then I pulled up, ordered and got our drinks, I headed out to school.

Once I got there about 5 minutes before the first bell rang, I headed up to my locker and found Nicolette there waiting for me with a friend of hers. I never really saw her with any one else since we had basically been spending all of our time together.

“Hey!” she exclaimed. “Andy I want you to meet Erika, my best friend”

“Hey Andy” Erika said reaching out her hand to shake mine with a big smile on her face.

“Hi Erika!” he said, looking a little nervous, handing Nicolette her coffee.

“Thanks. I’m still upset that you bought my coffee for me” she said as she tried to look angry, but failed.

“You’ll get over it” I said with a grin.

I noticed Erika just observing Nicolette and I, with a sly grin on her face.

“I should get to class” she said “I’ll see you at practice Nicolette. Nice to meet you Andy!” she exclaimed as she walked off toward her 1st period.

“Oh, uh, yeah you too!” Andy replied, turning back around towards Nicolette. “Should I have been that intimidated?” He asked Nicolette.

“Why would you be intimidated? Its just Erika” she laughed

“Well she's your best friend and I don’t really want her to hate me.” I said, seriously.

She just laughed at that, then stopped and looked at me seriously, “Wait you're serious? You're actually intimidated?”

“Well yeah, she knows everything about you, and is she doesn't like me, she has an influence on you.”

“Well believe me, If I like you, she's gonna love you” She said smiling up at me.

I just smiled at her and at that moment, I wanted to push her up against his locker and kiss her, but I knew I shouldn’t. I noticed that Aaron has been keeping tight watch on me and I was scared he would try to fight me if I even touched Nicolette.

She took a step towards me, making us inches apart from each other. I couldn't really help but grab her and pull her into my arms in a tight hug. I felt her arms wrap around my waist and her head on my chest, I just didn't want to let go, but I knew I had to.

We walked into AP calc together and took our normal seats next to each other. We didn't even feel like paying attention today so we just talked quietly through Mr. Martins entire lecture.

After the period ended, we headed off to our next classes separate ways like we did everyday, but met up every passing period, and at lunch and after school before Nicolette had to go to practice.

“I’ll see you later. Good luck at that audition! I know you'll kill it” she said as she stepped towards me to gave me a hug.

“Thanks. We’ll see how it goes.” I said, I was so nervous for it, but was instantly relieved when our bodies pressed together in a warm hug. I felt so calm and at peace until out of the corner of my eye, I saw Aaron staring at us with jealousy and anger in his eyes.

I pulled away instantly once I saw his face “Uh, I gotta go, I uh, don’t wanna be late” I said and turned and walked away instantly.

“Oh, okay well, I’ll see you later?” I heard Nicolette yell as I walked off.

“Yeah! I’ll see you later” he turned around and smiled at her then turned back around and kept walking towards his dads truck. And at that point, he was so happy that the better half of Friday was upon him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Pete had told me that they were just going to have the audition at the music shop and once I got there, Pete came up to me really excited.

“ANDY! Whats up man! Ready for this?” he exclaimed from the other side of the room.

“Yeah man I’m stoked” I replied.

“Guys come on and meet Andy” Pete motioned to the the guy sitting on top of the counter in a Fedora, glasses, grey button down short sleeve, black skinny jeans and black boots and the other with long curly hair, lots of tattoos, Black Melvin tee-shirt, jeans and black vans. I figured it was Joe and Patrick.

“Hey man whats up” the guy with the glasses said “I’m Patrick, I was playing drums since our last drummer quit. So basically your tkaing my spot.” he said laughing.

“Also my best friend” Pete said looking at Patrick and put his arm around him.

“Get off me man” Patrick said pushing him lightly and laughing.

“Oh you guys, don't make me count to three.” said the guy with the long curly hair. "Whats up bro I’m Joe. I’m the guitarist. Don’t feel bad about taking Patricks spot, he’s not as good of a drummer as he thinks he is”

“Nice to meet you guys, I’m Andy” I said trying to not let them notice that I'm actually really nervous and don't do that well talking ot new people.

“Well why don’t we jump right into it?” Pete jumped in, walking back from locking the front door.

“You won't get in trouble for locking early?” I asked

“Nah, he’s fine. He always closes early on Fridays for practice” Joe said.

“Oh okay” I said as I pulled out my favorite sticks from my backpack. “What do you guys wanna hear?” I asked

Patrick answered “Well, we’ll play a few of our songs and just see if you can come up with something” he said as he pulled out his guitar and the other guys tuned and got their stuff ready.

About 5 minutes later, Patrick made sure everyone was ready. He started singing a line without any music yet.

“Where is your boy tonight I hope he is a gentleman, maybe he won't find out what I know, you were the last good thing about this part of town”

Just as Joe began his part, I tried listened for a little while and finally caught on to the beat and joined in the song a few counts behind, taking the guys by surprise with how quickly I caught on.

After we finished the last song, Pete yelled “Damn! I think we found ourselves a drummer!”

“Yeah man you were way better than me even though you don’t even know the actual part.” Patrick followed. “Lets do a few more”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After we played about 4 more songs and taught me the actual drum lines, I looked at his phone and realized that it was 6:42.

“Crap guys, I’m sorry but I gotta go.” I exclaimed and jumped up from the drum set and put my sticks into my bag.

“Where you off to man?” Pete asked

“I uh, have a date…” I said, uneasy about telling them because I had just met them and weren't too comfortable around them yet.

“Damn, didn't you just move her like a week ago man?” Joe asked

“Uh yeah. Its kind of a long story. But I really do have to leave now. I told her I’d pick her up at 7."

“Okay thats cool man.” Pete said and I just gave him a thank you nod and started walking towards the door but Pete started to speak to me again. “So what do you say? Would you like to be an official member of Fall Out Boy?”

I turned around and was surprised at the immediate offer but I didn't have to think twice about it.

“Hell yeah man. This is gonna be so dope” going back and giving Pete the universal bro handshake into a half hug and the same to Joe and Patrick.

“So we’ll text you the details of when we practice and stuff. You should get going. Don’t wanna be late for this big date of yours” Patrick said whilst making kissy faces at me.

“Shut up” I said slightly embarrassed, giving Patrick a slight shove. “See you guys later”
♠ ♠ ♠
And Fall Out Boy is officially apart of this story! I'm so happy that it worked out like that! I'm super stoked to write the next part where their date happens. But I'm going to be super busy this week and might not be able to post it for a while. But I hope you guys are enjoying this so far! I know I'm having fun writing it!