It's My Game...My Way

Chapter #6

Megan was driving with Niklas to practice a few weeks later. "It will be oh so good to be back on the ice again. I really missed playing," she said, a smile playing along her lips. Niklas smiled at his younger friend.

"We missed you out there. We did okay when you were out, but we're better with you on the ice. You know, when we played the Penguins last Friday, Crosby asked us where our "girlfriend" was," Niklas said. Megan rolled her eyes.

"Of course he did. Are we playing them tonight?" Niklas sighed.

"Yes. I can't wait to knock him on his butt. We nearly killed him after that comment." Megan smiled and touched her friend's shoulder.

"I watched that on TV. I wish I could've been there." Niklas pulled into a parking spot and the two friends got out of the car. "I can't wait to see the guys again. It feels like it's been years," Megan remarked. She was tackled from behind and someone yelled "Megan! I can't believe your back." She started laughing as she was spun in a circle. "It's good to see you too, Hank," she said, hugging her friend.

"You're gonna help us beat Crosby tonight, right," Hank asked. Megan grinned and exchanged a high-five with Niklas.

"I'm going to knock him onto his butt," she replied. They heard footsteps behind them and turned. "Val," Megan yelled. Her friend hugged her tightly.

"I'm glad you're back, Meggie. We need help beating Crosby," Valtteri said, his hand on her shoulder.

"I plan to do just that," Megan agreed.

"Do you have a strategy for doing it," the three boys asked at the same time. Megan thought for a minute. "Well, I plan to get a hattrick. Then, I'm going to hold him down while you three beat him," she finally said. The boys grinned.

"You wanna put that plan into action," Valtteri asked. Megan smiled.

"Hell yah I do. Let's go," she said. The four friend made their way inside laughing. - this is perfect, just perfect -Megan thought.

Megan took a deep breath as she started to skate behind Valtteri during warm ups. She felt nervous, but she knew that she'd be fine. She was suddenly stopped by Crosby, who had his hand on her arm. "So, you're back. Too bad you're no another team. We could really use your skill," he told her. Megan snicker and jerked her arm away, much to Crosby's surprise.

"I wouldn't play for you if you offered me a billion dollars. I'm fine right where I'm at, thank you very much," she said back. Crosby smiled and shook his head.

"But, this team is so old. You'd do better on another team," he said, reaching for her arm. Megan sneered and pulled her arm away, glaring at him.

"This is my hometown team, Crosby. I'm fine right where I am: I love this team and I'd never betray them like that. Enjoy being a crybaby while I'm on the best team in the world," she replied before skating away. Valtteri smiled and smacked her butt.

"Wow, you put him in his place for sure," he said.

"I hope so," Megan replied. Glancing over her shoulder, she noticed Crosby glaring at her and shivered, biting down on her lip. "He's going to try something on me during the game, I just know it," she whispered. Valtteri wrapped a protective arm around her shoulders and gave Crosby a glare of his own.

"If he does, we will all kill him," he muttered.

It was in the middle of the second period and the Wings were winning four to two. Megan already had two goals and was looking for her third. She was in the corner getting the puck when she was slammed hard into the boards. She fell to her knees and winced, seeing double everything. Valtteri skated to her and knelt in front of her. "Meg? Can you hear me, squirt?" Megan blinked and slowly raised her head to look at him.

"I......I'm okay. Who hit me," she asked, although deep inside she knew who had done it.

"Crosby did. Don't worry, Dally is taking care of him," Valtteri replied, helping up his teammate and gently turning her in the direction of the fight. Megan snorted at the look on Crosby's face as Dallas got in another punch to his face.

"I'm sure he's learned his lesson now," she said as she skated to the bench with Valtteri's help. The older forward couldn't help but laugh at his friend's words.

"I don't think he'll ever learn his lesson, but at least he knows not to mess with you. Can you play," he asked. Megan rolled her eyes and playfully shoved her teammate.

"I'm fine, Val. I really am. All I have is a sore head. Nothing I can't handle," she replied, determination in her voice. Valtteri just shook his head at her, loving his young friend for her little quirks and her personality.