Eternal Heartbeat

002

The stone walls were slick and gray against the moon light, the tile floors echoed my foot steps as I paced along the garden wall near the roses., thunder rumbled in the distance, my head was racing a thousand miles a minute. For peace my father said for the people he said I could see the look on my mothers face she was clearly kept in the dark over the entire thing and my brother he was smug about it and had plenty to say.
"I don't blame you being mad about it" I head Aston say as he walked in to the moon light arms crossed over his chest I stopped and took a deep breath
"I'm not mad" I said leaning against the wall looking up in the sky, not a cloud in sight.
"Liar your pissed that father blind sided you with this hell I'm pissed this was even an option all we need to do is go in when they sleep and-"
"And what? further the blood shed? There necromancers and witches, hell Geneva would see that coming from a mile away" I said cutting him off shooting his idea to the ground
"Your arrogant this is exactly why this deal is being set in motion" I said shaking my head as my brother leaned against a pillar looking up at the night sky
"Vampires and necromancers co mingling it sounds strange and I sincerely doubt it will work" Aston said slowly peeling the petals off a rose flicking them to the ground.
"You don't give anything a chance" I said shaking my head, he was young and careless, he didn't have a land to rule over or people to worry about.
"Your right I don't but that doesn't mean I'm not some what right at the situation at hand, what if she tries to kill you to over throw our family? Stake her claim on both lands and rule entirely? What if our people don't agree with this 'arrangement' and fight it? Will you go against our people?" Aston asked all humor and smug ego leaving his face, he was serious and was rightfully concerned
"You don't think I haven't had this on my mind all night?!" I yelled my face inches from my baby brother., his pupils contracted and flashed he was pulling a aura in defense I held my stance for half a second more before I walked away.
"Your not worth it" I snapped as I climbed the stairs making my way up in to the towers near my room. I needed space and time to think everything over.

My room was a fair size, tucked away on the north side that overlooked the woods and the market below, it held a king size bed and a seating area, the walls where gray marble or brick depending on how you looked at it I suppose it was stone none the less, I collapsed on my bed looking at the ceiling thinking about what Aston said, Vampires and Necromancers commingling seemed strange even forging but could it actually happen? For us as two different people live in peace and rule jointly?.
My head hurt behind my eyes and the thunder seemed closer then before lightning joining in lighting up my room. I got up and stood on the balcony looking over the town and the land well in to the forest, a few people where still out walking around taking in the warm night air while others where in there homes safe for the night.

Sleep didn't come easy for me I was consumed with questions and the only way I would get answers would be from the meeting with the Elders.
♠ ♠ ♠
I figured I'd go with a different type of writing style one chapter with be written by Callan and the other chapter by Jackson so this way you get to experience both sides.

Let me know what you all think!.